To stay or go? - Page 22 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

To stay or go?

andyD

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

AFTER we'd lost the lead i.e. too late

That's not accurate, I'm afraid. Anya was on the side line waiting to come on before the freekick was conceded.

Anyway, matters not now. Strachan's gone.. so we look forward.

4 minutes ago, andyD said:

That's not accurate, I'm afraid. Anya was on the side line waiting to come on before the freekick was conceded.

Whit?!?! They scored, then we made the change. :lol:  

31 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Whit?!?! They scored, then we made the change. :lol:  

Yes, but the substitution was already in place. Anya was waiting to come on, we delayed it because we were defending a freekick and there's a hoodoo about subs when defending freekicks and corners. The decision was already made to change our system to try and counter their change before Fletch gave away the freekick and the goal.

4 minutes ago, andyD said:

Yes, but the substitution was already in place. Anya was waiting to come on, we delayed it because we were defending a freekick and there's a hoodoo about subs when defending freekicks and corners. The decision was already made to change our system to try and counter their change before Fletch gave away the freekick and the goal.

Spot on. Watch it again and a minute or so before they score it is announced Anya was stripped and ready to come on.

7 minutes ago, andyD said:

Yes, so the change was not made prior to us losing a goal. It was made too late. Jesus H Christ. How can someone have such an issue with chronology? :lol: 

12 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Why was Anya coming on anyway? He hasnt done anything at all since Germany away. Strachan favourite is the only answer.

He’s a Strachan favourite. Everything else is irrelevant. 

On 09/10/2017 at 10:51 PM, Duncan Blackheart said:

I can foresee a Craig Levein style coup and Malky Mackay taking over from Strachan, who will presumably pick up a position as Professor of Eugenics at Trump University. The good news is they can probably both stay in touch and pass on hints and tips for each other.

I hate to say I told you so, but...