To stay or go? - Page 19 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

To stay or go?

andyD

5 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

For the last 10 years, even before, something happens when Scotland go away from home against "lesser" nations

It's as if they smell the fvcking fear from us the minute we walk onto the park

This doesnt seem to affect the other home nations 

We give them far too much respect - get out there and kick them off the fvcking park if thats what it takes to wipe their confidence away  

Everyone in Europe must be praying that they draw Scotland in a qualifying campaign 

Fvcking powder puff baw bags 

Haud on - I thought we won 5-1 and 3-0 away to Malta and Lithuania.  You don't mean Slovenia surely?  They were seeded above us. 

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, GordyA88 said:

I thought Slovenia were the 4th seeds? We were third seeds.

Don't think so. 

Been wrong before though. 

Edit : and the internet tells me I'm wrong again. Anyway. They're hardly a "lesser nation".  I'm sure any of Wales, British Ireland and Ireland would be happy to get a draw away to Slovenia. 

Edited by adamntg

If Strachan were to be given another campaign I'd doubt he'd be as risk averse as he was in this one. Be far more adventurous in the friendlies. Build strong foundations for the campaign after next.

He knows we need both new blood and results, and probably actually needs to lean more towards new blood than the results. Which would piss off a lot of the TA.

8 minutes ago, DizzyVizion said:

If Strachan were to be given another campaign I'd doubt he'd be as risk averse as he was in this one. Be far more adventurous in the friendlies. Build strong foundations for the campaign after next.

He knows we need both new blood and results, and probably actually needs to lean more towards new blood than the results. Which would piss off a lot of the TA.

What clues have you seen to back that up ? Most have seen nothing at all.

I he stays season tiks sales will plummet and likewise traveling numbers.

28 minutes ago, mariokempes56 said:

What clues have you seen to back that up ? Most have seen nothing at all.

I he stays season tiks sales will plummet and likewise traveling numbers.

That the current squad couldn't push it over the finish line is proof plenty. More competition for places needs to be the focus. And with us falling just shy of the mark again this campaign, he'd be far more easily forgiven for promoting some of the U21's. Just as importantly though, the culture of togetherness he's formed in the national team needs to be maintained and Strachan has got that side of things well and truly in the bag.

Who's to say that our players wouldn't lose faith in the national setup if Strachan were to be pushed. They seem genuinely loyal to him. 

Edited by DizzyVizion
Stupidity

6 minutes ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

Think you've hit the nail on the head there Dizzy, Wee Gordon just wants to play his pals .The players who came out in the media and said what a great guy he is .Otherwise why not play Fraser, McGinn ,McGregor and the Aberdeen lads?

I agree he stayed loyal to those who were loyal to him. But some players did say they only wanted the result for Scotland regardless of whether or not they were on the pitch.

Pushing others for places. To be there if needed. To help the nation. To have Scotland in a major finals is what Strachan appeared to have sewn into the consciousness of the squad.

He could bring in new players and count on the current ones to push them to give maximum effort.

He needs another campaign to deliver what we all want- a Scotland team full of nutters ready to die for each other- for us! ?✊️

Tin hat on - he might have been misquoted but is right in a sense that poor diet, over consumption of alcohol/tobacco, and lack of exercise is endemic in Scottish culture. Not those players of course, but across the board. but what really hurts us I think is more the mental toughness, we are too used to just praying to lady luck and not making our own.

4 minutes ago, girvanTA said:

Bet victor doing a £40 free bet on next scotland manager. Moyes and Malky Mackay 2/1, McInnes 8/1, McLeish 10/1, Harry Redknapp, Dunga and Guus Hiddink 33/1...

Dunga?

It will probably be somebody dung but it won’t be Dunga. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Dunga?

It will probably be somebody dung but it won’t be Dunga. :lol:

Aye I know! ? I think they threw his name in for a laugh! They also have Billy Stark down but I'd rather have Billy the fish from the viz

Strachan has done well in the final 6 games overall but let’s not forget that the first 4 games of the campaign were poor. We weren’t actually that bad in London but the other three performances were not good at all. 

What is Strachan doing now that another younger, braver manager wouldn’t do? 

Two of Scotland’s youngest and most exciting midfielders where in the bench for both games there. Maybe another manager would have had the balls to play one of them at some stage to see what they could do instead of sticking with players that have consistently underachieved for Scotland? 

3 minutes ago, girvanTA said:

Aye I know! ? I think they threw his name in for a laugh! They also have Billy Stark down but I'd rather have Billy the fish from the viz

They always name pretty much every manager who is out of work.

Some doughball will stick a few quid on him no doubt. 

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

Strachan has done well in the final 6 games overall but let’s not forget that the first 4 games of the campaign were poor. We weren’t actually that bad in London but the other three performances were not good at all. 

What is Strachan doing now that another younger, braver manager wouldn’t do? 

Two of Scotland’s youngest and most exciting midfielders where in the bench for both games there. Maybe another manager would have had the balls to play one of them at some stage to see what they could do instead of sticking with players that have consistently underachieved for Scotland? 

I'm totally on the fence at the moment with GS but what if they dont go for the younger guy? What if the plump for an ego like Moyes who could just blow apart the last 9 months of progress cause he wants to put his 'own stamp' on it.

4 minutes ago, bossman4 said:

I'm totally on the fence at the moment with GS but what if they dont go for the younger guy? What if the plump for an ego like Moyes who could just blow apart the last 9 months of progress cause he wants to put his 'own stamp' on it.

We've only progressed because Strachan regressed us. 

Were basically where we were at when the campaign begun. 

12 minutes ago, bossman4 said:

I don’t particularly want Moyes but what’s to say he couldn’t do a good job?

What has Strachan actually done in the last six games? We could easily have drawn with Slovenia at home, drawn with Slovakia and lost to Slovenia away. 

The only games we won convincingly were against Lithuania and Malta.

Hardly manager of the year material. 

20 minutes ago, bossman4 said:

I predict a lot of guys 30-40 plus showing clear disdain if Moyes gets it, including me.

Moyes seems to be the go to from wee “No Scotland, no party” neds who know everything about away partying and not a jot about what happens on the park.