To stay or go? - Page 10 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

To stay or go?

andyD

Go. all the recent good performances have been with 5 across the middle. then in our most critical match he changes it and goes 4-4-2. I mean wtf?  even after 10 mins you could see we were getting overrun in midfield. sitting way too deep too, playing too many slow deep midfielders, with nothing in front to feed the striker/s. and then when we needed pace and creativity to have any chance he ignores mcginn and Macgregor.

too set in his ways and from what we have seen just not tactically good enough.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anya was stripped to come on two minutes into the second half. Why the was this change not made at half time. 

Cant stand Strachan, never could. His cup of tea/family/endless unfunny quips in serious situations are nothing new. He has been polluting BBC and ITV World Cup/Euro championship panels for years with this garbage.

GTF.

Him and his whole staff hould have went after the thumping in Slovakia 12 months ago. He is a dinosaur and it is obvious that his coaching staff dont prepare well enough for matches or indeed prepare the players for what is expected of them throughout the 90 minutes. 

His game management was very poor in 2nd half. was obvious we were losing a grip of the game.

After the equaliser he did nothing. After the 2nd goal he did nothing. If he stays then he needs to change his backroom staff. MeGhee turned up with an empty notepad....& left with one too. Hopeless.

on Talksport apparently Allardyce said on Friday off mic that he would consider the Scotland job.

If nothing else it at least says that it's still a job some people want.

My preference would be to got for Paul Lambert. Let him bring in the younger players & work with them.

Walter Smith as his no.2 would be ideal.

6 minutes ago, Ronto1 said:

His game management was very poor in 2nd half. was obvious we were losing a grip of the game.

After the equaliser he did nothing. After the 2nd goal he did nothing. If he stays then he needs to change his backroom staff. MeGhee turned up with an empty notepad....& left with one too. Hopeless.

on Talksport apparently Allardyce said on Friday off mic that he would consider the Scotland job.

If nothing else it at least says that it's still a job some people want.

My preference would be to got for Paul Lambert. Let him bring in the younger players & work with them.

Lambert, Smith or Allardyce. Fvck me. :worried:

9 minutes ago, Ronto1 said:

Wee ginger knob must stay if that’s the alternative. 

Strachan must go. His ridiculous interview about Scottish genetics is just utterly pathetic. 

Spain dont have any issues with being tiny. And the reason we had so many small players is because Strachan picked the wrong feckin players like Bannan and Anya. 

He's no idea how to change a game during play, so please someone drive him to the airport. 

29 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Strachan must go. His ridiculous interview about Scottish genetics is just utterly pathetic. 

Spain dont have any issues with being tiny. And the reason we had so many small players is because Strachan picked the wrong feckin players like Bannan and Anya. 

He's no idea how to change a game during play, so please someone drive him to the airport. 

Somebody texted into Off The Ball last night, words to the effect - "maybe we should get a taller manager." :lol:

I don't really take the argument now that we don't have the talent. If we had held on against England or defeated a Lithuania side (who we really should be beating at home), we're through. If we didn't get humped so easily by Slovakia and made a real push to try and hammer Malta, goal difference could swing in our favour.

It's really fine margins and small moments that go against us, we don't have a playing squad that's much different from many teams that go to major tournaments, they are just poorly drilled and utilised.

59 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Lambert, Smith or Allardyce. Fvck me. :worried:

I fear Lambert would be more of the same Burley, Levein Strachan style of management

There are upsides to Allardyce with his ability to get hard performances from teams with limited ability

You wouldnt have wallflowers like Morrison, Bannan & Phillips as first names on the teamsheet

We need a fvcking backbone when we go away to the likes of Moldova, Georgia & Slovenia

NI, Eire and Wales have it and with the exception of Bale i am convinced we have better squads than all of them

40 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

The stuff about genetics is the ramblings of a mad man who doesnt have a clue about modern football and you are correct to term it pathetic as that is exactly what it is.

Just now, Ally Bongo said:

I fear Lambert would be more of the same Burley, Levein Strachan style of management

There are upsides to Allardyce with his ability to get hard performances from teams with limited ability

You wouldnt have wallflowers like Morrison, Bannan & Phillips as first names on the teamsheet

We need a fvcking backbone when we go away to the likes of Moldova, Georgia & Slovenia

NI, Eire and Wales have it and with the exception of Bale i am convinced we have better squads than all of them

There’s a man in the same mold as Michael O’ Neil but manages in Scotland’s top flight who has proved year after year he can do this better than anyone in the country. Even when he loses his star players he rolls his sleeves up and comes up with the goods again and again. But on here(not you) there are the same braindead eejits who throw out names like Moyes, Fergie, etc. 

14 minutes ago, Ormond said:

There’s a man in the same mold as Michael O’ Neil but manages in Scotland’s top flight who has proved year after year he can do this better than anyone in the country. Even when he loses his star players he rolls his sleeves up and comes up with the goods again and again. But on here(not you) there are the same braindead eejits who throw out names like Moyes, Fergie, etc. 

Ok, I give up, who is it?

34 minutes ago, glasgow jock said:

I don't really take the argument now that we don't have the talent. If we had held on against England or defeated a Lithuania side (who we really should be beating at home), we're through. If we didn't get humped so easily by Slovakia and made a real push to try and hammer Malta, goal difference could swing in our favour.

It's really fine margins and small moments that go against us, we don't have a playing squad that's much different from many teams that go to major tournaments, they are just poorly drilled and utilised.

Drawing with Lithuania at home, hammered away to Slovakia and England weren't really by fine margins. We deserved nothing from those games, and indeed from the game last night. 

We could however have easily lost to England, drawn with Slovenia and Slovakia. The whole situation is Not really good enough. 

We need a change.

33 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Allardyce would be an OK appointment IMO 

2 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Here we go. Why not? This should be fun.

I think the question should be why rather than why not. If finishing 4th in the Scottish league, almost 20 points off second is now a quality required for the national job then we really are in the $hit. And people wanting Moyes for the job are eejits? 

3 minutes ago, stevenmcn said:

I think the question should be why rather than why not. If finishing 4th in the Scottish league, almost 20 points off second is now a quality required for the national job then we really are in the $hit. And people wanting Moyes for the job are eejits? 

To be fair, extremely successful club managers, in terms of titles and silverware, dont often translate into successful International managers

There is no tried and tested method - Andy Roxburgh being a prime example