To stay or go? - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

To stay or go?

andyD

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

You’ve completely missed my point. 

Why does it have to be a Scotsman?

Youve already said there’s none decent out there, why settle for a mediocre replacement?

Mourinho would do, but not sure we will tempt him away from Man U. I would even consider Brendan rogers.

2 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

has to go.

New manager with a couple of friendlies next month to give younger guys experience. 

friendlies next month, you joking surely?......... if they are in Scotland there would be 22 folk there and that counts the players.

2 minutes ago, McExpat said:

Im on the fence, ideally I'd say GO buy who would we get that's better is the concern.

Anyone who is not a stubborn twat. 

Derek McInnes? Would he take it?

Davie Moyes? Alex McLeish?

I’d even take John Collins over Strachan. 

1 minute ago, Texas Pete said:

Anyone who is not a stubborn twat. 

Derek McInnes? Would he take it?

Davie Moyes? Alex McLeish?

I’d even take John Collins over Strachan. 

John Collins is about the only jock more arrogant than Strachan. No thanks

10 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

You do realise that its the SFA doing the hiring here.

Aberdeen guy asked me for foreign options so I gave him a couple.

If you're asking me to try to answer his point while compiling the cheapest list of managerial rejects you can find home or abroad then it would take me a while.

Even the SFA isn't stupid enough to give someone like Owen Coyle the job. They could well bite on Moyes or Lambert though.

Before tonight I was tending to give Strachan the benefit of the doubt for getting us this far even if we ultimately failed.

But it is so frustrating to see a manager seemingly unwilling or unable to turn things around when they had to be turned around.

Ultimately it depends on getting someone (who'd be available) who would be any better.

John Collins always speaks well on TV and he's played abroad but he was last a manager 10 years ago.

Player mutiny forced him out at Hibs and then he had a spell in Belgium.

It's the same with anyone suggesting Walter Smith. Good manager in 2007 but he's been out of the game a long time now and managers in semi retirement just lose touch with things as the game keeps on moving at a considerable pace.

It needs to be someone in work and not completely terrible so hopefully a very low bar the SFA won't fall below!:ph34r:

5 minutes ago, Tartan Chris said:

Aberdeen guy asked me for foreign options so I gave him a couple.

If you're asking me to try to answer his point while compiling the cheapest list of managerial rejects you can find home or abroad then it would take me a while.

Even the SFA isn't stupid enough to give someone like Owen Coyle the job. They could well bite on Moyes or Lambert though.

Well they were stupid enough to give it to Levein and Burley and, if you wish, Strachan.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

Don't know what the 2nd half tactics were meant to be. All I seen was a far more hungrier team in Slovenia. Unforgivable collapse. 2 campaigns and no excuses. Has to go unfortunately, as much as I do genuinely like the guy.

1 minute ago, Tartan Chris said:

John Collins always speaks well on TV and he's played abroad but he was last a manager 10 years ago.

Player mutiny forced him out at Hibs and then he had a spell in Belgium.

It's the same with anyone suggesting Walter Smith. Good manager in 2007 but he's been out of the game a long time now and managers in semi retirement just lose touch with things as the game keeps on moving at a considerable pace.

It needs to be someone in work and not completely terrible so hopefully a very low bar the SFA won't fall below!:ph34r:

If Collins gets it, broony will definitely chuck it.

13 minutes ago, deso1 said:

friendlies next month, you joking surely?......... if they are in Scotland there would be 22 folk there and that counts the players.

Who cares who's there - the players who should be playing international football need some games and experience as does whoever the new manager is. 

Just now, Caledonian Craig said:

Well they were stuoid enough to give it to Levein and Burley.

Burley was still a decently regarded manager when he was appointed so could see the sense although quickly became clear managing high profile players was beyond him.

Levein was a disaster, his reign really pushed Scotland a long way back imo in terms of how he approached games with no strikers and some of the terrible options he called up, Gary Kenneth?!!

Much worse than Strachan.