To stay or go? - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

To stay or go?

andyD

I would say stay. But the last 2 games are important. if we best Slovakia and draw in slovenia i would say stay.even though it's failure it's still good progress from the 1st part of the campaign (which is wat will kill us).if we lose to Slovakia,especially badly then I think he will leave anyway.

We have some good fresh faces in the squad and I don't think there's anyone better,who would take the job.

But if he was to get sacked or leave, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MorayCupMan
55 minutes ago, shaggycoo said:

Ooops, forgot he is currently unemployed so would soften my stance there but not a chance in hell we'd get him as the next Scotland boss

I was been sarcastic like....but on a serious note I really think going down the route of getting a foreign manager has to be giving serious consideration.Im really not interested in another scottish appointment again.

If all goes to pot this week....

Edited by MorayCupMan

1 hour ago, MorayCupMan said:

I was been sarcastic like....but on a serious note I really think going down the route of getting a foreign manager has to be giving serious consideration.Im really not interested in another scottish appointment again.

If all goes to pot this week....

Agree with the foreign approach for consideration as the field for a Scottish manager is pretty slender....

52 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Look at Man Utd since he left........

No better for 2 years under van Gaal and pretty bad for a season under Mourinho.
Better this season, but since Moyes left they've spent £631 million.

Moyes is a decent manager, my only reservation with regards to giving him the job is that I think he's waiting on a club job.
I'd expect him to do what McLeish did and bail after 10 games or so, once an attractive offer came along.

On 03/10/2017 at 8:38 PM, shaggycoo said:

So if we get rid of Strachan who do we appoint?? Don't get me wrong, hardly his biggest fan, just asking the question. Would like to think we have moved on from the biscuit tin mentality and actually go after someone not unemployed, but who realistically would take it?? McInnes, Wright (yes, the Irish one) or O'Neill (see Wright) to name but a few.. Just don't see it, and we'll end up with Moyes. 

That's a typical Scottish problem though. 

Why does it have to be a name from within our own closed circle? The world is a huge place, I'm sure there's plenty people capable of doing the job if the sfa got out of the ivory towers and did their job properly. 

15 hours ago, McDange said:

For those saying go, any realistic replacements? 

How do you know who's realistic until you make the vacancy available? Plenty successful managers currently unemployed: https://www.transfermarkt.com/trainer/verfuegbaretrainer/statistik

40 minutes ago, Parklife said:

How do you know who's realistic until you make the vacancy available? Plenty successful managers currently unemployed: https://www.transfermarkt.com/trainer/verfuegbaretrainer/statistik

For a start, none of them have managed in Scotland (first page), so instantly they're not wanted nor needed ;)