Ljubljana for Slovakia match - Slovenia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ljubljana for Slovakia match

tattiescone69

4 minutes ago, Alan said:

Missing a vital must win home game for what could be a damp squib city break.  I don't get the tartan army footsoldier mentality.

You're quite right; however, sometimes things aren't as they should be. Should I be at Hampden? Yes. Absolutely. Guilty as charged. 

17 hours ago, tattiescone69 said:

well the good news on that front is that Patrick's  irish bar have promised to show it , the more that turn up the better ..................

15 hours ago, tattiescone69 said:

yup just north of the river near the England pub 

15 hours ago, HOT SHOT HAMISH said:

Four of us arriving on flight from Stanstead at 2110, hoping to catch the second half. Is Patricks in centre of town?

16 hours ago, Alan said:

Missing a vital must win home game for what could be a damp squib city break.  I don't get the tartan army footsoldier mentality.

Totally correct, Alan. Too many "here for the party" fans. 

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

Totally correct, Alan. Too many "here for the party" fans. 

1 hour ago, scot scotland scottish said:

I agree. Ljubljana is there every single day of the year - so why go for the football, yet actually miss the football 

One of the few bonuses of this board closing will be no longer listening to pish from keyboard warriors slagging off fans for circumstances they know nothing about 

3 hours ago, tattiescone69 said:

One of the few bonuses of this board closing will be no longer listening to pish from keyboard warriors slagging off fans for circumstances they know nothing about 

“Keyboard warrior”? Are you pals with Rab McDermott? :lol: 

What if Tattiescone lives in Ljubljana and cannae make a 'home' game in Scotland.

He is looking for early arrival fans to share the game with...... 

missing a home game to go to an away game, its not for me  

however each to their own ...

4 hours ago, tattiescone69 said:

I always thought a keyboard warrior was someone who threatened violence online (usually when they can't back it up in person)

I've seen none of that on this thread. 

14 hours ago, tattiescone69 said:

The circumstances are that Scotland are playing at home on Thursday and in Slovenia on Sunday. To miss the home game, to me, seems like bonkers logic.

However, each to their own.....

11 hours ago, stocky said:

What if Tattiescone lives in Ljubljana and cannae make a 'home' game in Scotland.

He is looking for early arrival fans to share the game with...... 

He may well be, in which case, he's excused. 

Just seems utterly bizarre to organise a trip to an away game, which could turn out to be meaningless, which means you miss the biggest game we've played at Hampden in a decade. Hence my comment that they are more interested in having a holiday and a party than the actual football. 

3 hours ago, scot scotland scottish said:

The circumstances are that Scotland are playing at home on Thursday and in Slovenia on Sunday. To miss the home game, to me, seems like bonkers logic.

However, each to their own.....

I live abroad and have not been to a home game since Belgium 2013. 

I missed most of the first half as I was in the queue to collect my ticket. I really enjoyed that experience. Well worth the money.

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

Just seems utterly bizarre to organise a trip to an away game, which could turn out to be meaningless, which means you miss the biggest game we've played at Hampden in a decade. Hence my comment that they are more interested in having a holiday and a party than the actual football. 

Easy for you to say. Travelling from down south or abroad takes up holiday time and costs extra money, neither of which is a problem for you given you live within driving distance from Hampden. 

37 minutes ago, wubbs said:

I live abroad and have not been to a home game since Belgium 2013. 

I missed most of the first half as I was in the queue to collect my ticket. I really enjoyed that experience. Well worth the money.

Easy for you to say. Travelling from down south or abroad takes up holiday time and costs extra money, neither of which is a problem for you given you live within driving distance from Hampden. 

I think you're missing the point. The point is that there is Scotland based fans, flying away from Scotland and thus missing the football tomorrow, yet bizarrely will be in attendance on Sunday. If you're outwith Scotland that's a different set of circumstances isn't it.

To emphasise my previous post, seems bonkers logic to me, but each to their own though.