Las Vegas Mass Shooting - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Las Vegas Mass Shooting

12 minutes ago, kumnio said:

I’ve never understood how people could say something like this is well planned. 

Buy a lot of guns, but a lot of bullets, get a vantage point, shoot into a big crowd of people. I don’t think takes a lot of planning. 

Of course it does, even in Nevada you have to wait 24 hours before being issued with the gun after the purchase, which you are limited to in quantity of, sometimes only one at a time depending on the weapon. To get 20 Guns with 24 hours notice after each purchase would take three weeks of planning, never mind the time spent getting ammo and any possible back ground check irrespective of how relaxed their gun laws are. 

The whole system is corrupt and will likely never change, as long as there is money to be made from the people in control life's will continue to not matter. Sadly the folk who died yesterday are only a statistic and will be regarded as such as soon as the next shooting comes along.

1 hour ago, Mazziessc said:

Of course it does, even in Nevada you have to wait 24 hours before being issued with the gun after the purchase, which you are limited to in quantity of, sometimes only one at a time depending on the weapon. To get 20 Guns with 24 hours notice after each purchase would take three weeks of planning, never mind the time spent getting ammo and any possible back ground check irrespective of how relaxed their gun laws are. 

The whole system is corrupt and will likely never change, as long as there is money to be made from the people in control life's will continue to not matter. Sadly the folk who died yesterday are only a statistic and will be regarded as such as soon as the next shooting comes along.

Wow, a whole three weeks of planning.

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

Sorry, don’t agree. He could be a gun nut who has bought a gun every couple of years, and now has a big collection. 

I heard on the radio that there was over 40 guns found between his hotel room and his house, it wasn't quoted directly, but if true, how much protection does one person need exactly. 

Easy solution, arm all Americans to the teeth and have a "purge" every year. 

Let the maniacs take each other out. 

15 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

Your missing the point, it was thought out over a period of time, he didn't just get out of the wrong side of the bed and decide to go shoot 500 people.

Exactly, highly premeditated IMHO. Not done in a rage, more like ice cold I would say. Well thought out as to maximize the damage. Probably reconnoitered well in advance as well. Really curious to see what this guy's beef is all about as this is something else... different level. 

11 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Multi-millionaire nut job, well known in the hotels & online gambling community of Vegas 

Las Vegas police say there was a high degree of premeditation.

In his latest briefing Clark County Sheriff Joseph Lombardo said: "I'm pretty sure he evaluated everything he did in his actions."

Mr Lombardo also revealed that Paddock had set up cameras inside and outside his hotel suite, including one on a service cart, to monitor the police.

16 hours ago, thplinth said:

So automatics are banned but you can simulate them with one of these... insane.

Much easier than I even imagined - comes fitted from the factory like that! Makes a mockery of the auto ban.

This guy sure it explains the sound.

I see it wrong to be attracted to that gun loving woman in the first video?

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

I wonder how long it'll be until Scotty appears with some theory on what happened and how it's all an inside job. 

On Monday while it was all unfolding, I was googling for more information and came across a TAMB for US gun nuts.  It really was quite something to behold.  

Started off with "must be an Islamic terrorist".  Then when they announce the name of the girlfriend - and it was fairly obvious it was a Filipino, someone found a Facebook profile of someone with the same name, it was all about how "there's plenty of Muslims in the Phillipines" which is true but it's also probably the most Catholic nation in the world and so there are many many more devout Christians there.  Then all hell broke loose when they linked to her partner - presumably the shooter - and turned out he'd been to Dubai on holiday.  Then he'd apparantly "liked" some "damn liberal" stuff, so that was set, the shooter was antifa and/or a Muslim sympathiser.

Major problem was it turned out to be a completely different Marilou Danley - albeit a Filipina - but from a different state completely.

Then when the identity of the shooter was revealed and it became apparent that he was in fact "one of their own", a White American gun nut, all the conspiracy theories started.

A first class example of group cognitive dissonance. 

It’s the sort of thing that could only happen in America. Hard to ever really know what the guys motive was, hard to argue some sort of mental illness, undipgnosed. Evidence of a sick society, no other country’s leader would be allowed to address the UN and threaten genocide on another country without anyone batting an eyelid.

Edited by ParisInAKilt

27 minutes ago, Auld_Reekie said:

The level of planning is chilling.

Not really considering the guy was a multi millionaire IMO

He could have done it all in jig time

3 hours ago, aaid said:

On Monday while it was all unfolding, I was googling for more information and came across a TAMB for US gun nuts.  It really was quite something to behold.  

Started off with "must be an Islamic terrorist".  Then when they announce the name of the girlfriend - and it was fairly obvious it was a Filipino, someone found a Facebook profile of someone with the same name, it was all about how "there's plenty of Muslims in the Phillipines" which is true but it's also probably the most Catholic nation in the world and so there are many many more devout Christians there.  Then all hell broke loose when they linked to her partner - presumably the shooter - and turned out he'd been to Dubai on holiday.  Then he'd apparantly "liked" some "damn liberal" stuff, so that was set, the shooter was antifa and/or a Muslim sympathiser.

Major problem was it turned out to be a completely different Marilou Danley - albeit a Filipina - but from a different state completely.

Then when the identity of the shooter was revealed and it became apparent that he was in fact "one of their own", a White American gun nut, all the conspiracy theories started.

A first class example of group cognitive dissonance. 

I suspect that's why Scotty hasn't posted on it. probably waiting until the best conspiracy theory has been cooked up, he'll then come on here with all sorts of "evidence" and refuse to acknowledge anything that contradicts his manufactured viewpoint. 

4 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I'm off to Vegas for a long weekend tomorrow.  Will be interesting to see what the atmosphere is like and how it's "bounced back" in such a short space of time.

Tbf, Vegas is a hellhole filled to the brim with weirdos and crackpots from all over the world, you wont notice a difference.

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

I suspect that's why Scotty hasn't posted on it. probably waiting until the best conspiracy theory has been cooked up, he'll then come on here with all sorts of "evidence" and refuse to acknowledge anything that contradicts his manufactured viewpoint. 

I thought something along those lines...

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Scotty hasn't posted on this thread yet and there's still some going on about him:lol:

...but then again, that's a fair point. Ball and not the man and all that.

Trump/ the gun control lobby argues that you need good people with guns to protect against bad people with guns.  Has there ever been any incidents when a good guy with a gun has actually taken out a bad guy with a gun to prevent mored killings?  Seems a rubbish argument compared to don't let anyone have a gun though I supect that once that genie has escaped the bottle its pretty difficult to put it back in.

46 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Trump/ the gun control lobby argues that you need good people with guns to protect against bad people with guns.  Has there ever been any incidents when a good guy with a gun has actually taken out a bad guy with a gun to prevent mored killings?  Seems a rubbish argument compared to don't let anyone have a gun though I supect that once that genie has escaped the bottle its pretty difficult to put it back in.

No. None. If you search the internet you will find zero examples of guns saving people from criminals. Not one. Amazing how all these stupid people have never worked it out like you. Every major politician asking for gun control is protected by people with guns. Obviously that is just to throw you off the scent. Guns are useless against other people with guns. Everyone knows that.