Brown and Armstrong out? - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Brown and Armstrong out?

Marky

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Rude Gullit said:

The only reason Burke isn't playing is because he's injured too

I suspect Strachan will plump for Snodgrass as number 10. No way he'll call up and start McGregor - that'd be way too unstubborn

Snoddy slowly but surely building his confidence up, scored during the week. I'd have him as replacement for Phillips who is good but not good enough to play against Slovakia imho judging by his last 2 games.

Utter, utter, utter pish.

Armstrong has only played 4 or 5 times and he is now first on the team sheet.  

Brown is a rock.  Hopefully Fletcher will step in but struggling who could replace Armstrong.  Christie and MacGregor are options to be called up and very good players.  Better than Snodgrass. 

Do we have a like for like with Armstrong ? ive not seen enough of mcginn, and not sure about kevin McDonald of Fulham. don't think McGregor plays the same role, mcarthur is a cert to start but is not good enough. we have plenty attacking players, snoddy, fraser,phillips but not many that match brown or Armstrong.

15 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

This is a massive blow. It is very hard to see us getting two wins now. 

Fletcher has to come in for Brown. He is still playing every week at a very high standard. 

McArthur cannot start. He isn't playing well for a dreadful team. 

Strachan has a tough job on his hands now, itll be tough to raise the spirits with the loss of these two. In terms of talent I think brown is replaceable but he and Armstrong are part of the Celtic feel good factor which is running through the squad right now. 

i doubt we would have won these two matches with both brown and Armstrong playing but it's close to impossible now IMO

12 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Strachan has a tough job on his hands now, itll be tough to raise the spirits with the loss of these two. In terms of talent I think brown is replaceable but he and Armstrong are part of the Celtic feel good factor which is running through the squad right now. 

i doubt we would have won these two matches with both brown and Armstrong playing but it's close to impossible now IMO

I agree. It was going to be a tough ask anyway but just can't see it happening now. Have huge respect for Darren Fletcher particularly when he played for Scotland while badly ill but he looks a spent force now. He will still likely start.

Skriniar of Inter Milan is out suspended for Slovakia which is a bonus as he supposedly was very good v England but we need a few more of their influential players to pick up knocks this weekend to give us a sniff.

1 hour ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

I agree. It was going to be a tough ask anyway but just can't see it happening now. Have huge respect for Darren Fletcher particularly when he played for Scotland while badly ill but he looks a spent force now. He will still likely start.

Skriniar of Inter Milan is out suspended for Slovakia which is a bonus as he supposedly was very good v England but we need a few more of their influential players to pick up knocks this weekend to give us a sniff.

Fletcher has been a regular in a WBS team flying high; think he was even MoM recently with his passing being singled out, unlike Brown who can barely muster more than a 5 yard pass.

11 hours ago, noctonjock said:

Phillips is better than Snodgrass hence why started last 2 games and will start Thursday. Morrison and Fletcher will replace Brown and Armstrong so all is good 

Snodgrass has been woeful this year agreed, but on form he's surely way better than Phillips. Phillips just doesnt have enough in his locker for me and thought he was average in the last 2 games - i cant see him having enough to damage a team like Slovakia.

Fletcher is the obvious choice to replace Brown. He has the experience and eye for a pass so you'd look for him to be the one to hold things together. He is not as strong on the ball as Brown but that can't be helped. As for Armstrong's replacement I'd sooner that was Matt Ritchie as it needs someone with an attacking side to their game and Ritchie has that.