TAMB Closure part 2 - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

TAMB Closure part 2

56 minutes ago, scotsmanarizona said:

The board was just put in place to chat about how the board could be saved (at the time it looked like it was going to be closing) and moved forward.  I invited members who had shown interest in keeping it going, mainly to make sure there was a platform in place to chat in case this forum stopped with immediate effect. 

The intention of the new board was never to create a splinter group, just a place for discussion on keeping the current board running. 

The hope was only to keep the TA Message board going and fortunately it looks like that is going to happen.

Just as well, It'd be full of woodworkers.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Any chance of a link or a pm please

taboard.co.uk is the site

scotmanarizona made a post (or two) on here recently where he said to PM him and he would set your same id up same as on here and then send you a password.

Unless I dreaming that post or posts seems to have been deleted...

3 hours ago, scotsmanarizona said:

Well, whoever it is, it is not me.  I had an agreement in place to move the forum over to my server but was then told yesterday it would not be happening as financial backing had been found.

Good luck to whoever takes it forward. It is a very simple process and one that I would have been more than happy to run, and run well.  I was very fortunate to have a good core of people that I have no doubt would have helped move the community in a positive direction.

Best,
Jimmy

@Admin4

So if there were 2 offers in place to save the TAMB are we allowed to know the reasons for choosing the solution. From Jimmy's post this seems to be a change of mind part way through.

7 hours ago, DonnyTJS said:

Anyone care to make a guess?

Same team just reshuffle? 

4 hours ago, andymac said:

Where is the laugh button? :ph34r:

.:lol::lol:

3 hours ago, scotsmanarizona said:

Well, whoever it is, it is not me.  I had an agreement in place to move the forum over to my server but was then told yesterday it would not be happening as financial backing had been found.

Good luck to whoever takes it forward. It is a very simple process and one that I would have been more than happy to run, and run well.  I was very fortunate to have a good core of people that I have no doubt would have helped move the community in a positive direction.

Best,
Jimmy

Well the new board will be all bells and whistles Jimmy, I'm expecting men in tightie whities handing me my iPad and cuppa in the morning. I expect this as it must have been a better deal than you were offering and you came forward very quickly. 

3 hours ago, andymac said:

Since there was a choice to be made. I wonder if we will find out the reasons for the choice?

I expect so. I think one of the top things that has come up since the premature suicide note is the lack of transparency. Not with the mods, I fully understand them remaining anonymous but at changeover I look forward to the new owners introducing themselves and telling us what they expect from us and equally important what they're giving back. If mad Mick O'Leary has been forced to come clean then it must be true for all high heid yins!! 

So in answer to you Andy, when the new owners/custodians take over and tell us their plans and why they decided to come forward then it'll be easy to see why they were preferable to Jimmy. I'm not expecting updates from existing owners/admin/mods as quite rightly they have done/had enough and chosen to leave and of course with our heartfelt thanks. 

4 minutes ago, andymac said:

@Admin4

So if there were 2 offers in place to save the TAMB are we allowed to know the reasons for choosing the solution. From Jimmy's post this seems to be a change of mind part way through.

Funny isn't it. Board posts suicide note, no replies allowed no attempt to seek saviour.

Along comes jimmy, open about who he is, offers to save board for free. Puts his money where his mouth is...

Suddenly a mystery savior appears...

4 minutes ago, G-Man said:

So in answer to you Andy, when the new owners/custodians take over and tell us their plans and why they decided to come forward then it'll be easy to see why they were preferable to Jimmy.

I'm asking the current incumbents why they took the decision, something the future leaders could only answer subjectively. 

5 hours ago, scotsmanarizona said:

Best,
Jimmy

Nice bluff to keep your identity anonymous.

41 minutes ago, Bobster said:

Second that. Except I think you did help.

Thanks Jimmy.

I've heard a rumour that Jimmy is a not too tall but stunningly handsome Hollywood superstar and the reason he tried to help is in repayment to a fellow diminutive person, albeit a wee Scottish dykey one! :shocked:

22 minutes ago, G-Man said:

I've heard a rumour that Jimmy is a not too tall but stunningly handsome Hollywood superstar and the reason he tried to help is in repayment to a fellow diminutive person, albeit a wee Scottish dykey one! :shocked:

I might change my avatar and confuse the fhuck out of you ?

48 minutes ago, Bobster said:

I might change my avatar and confuse the fhuck out of you ?

:rollsmile::rollsmile:

This might be sudden as we've never really spoken before but I **love you.

** if that's you in the avatar. 

38 minutes ago, andymac said:

Oi!

Uch I already love you let the Bobster have a wee shot. (Thank goodness I spellcheck as last word had a 'i' instead of 'o'. 

Edited by G-Man

4 hours ago, thplinth said:

taboard.co.uk is the site

scotmanarizona made a post (or two) on here recently where he said to PM him and he would set your same id up same as on here and then send you a password.

Unless I dreaming that post or posts seems to have been deleted...

The posts are still there, in the Can the TABoard be Saved? thread.

7 hours ago, scotsmanarizona said:

Best,
Jimmy

Thanks Jimmy.

The posters who discussed ways to help on Jimmy's board came up with ideas that I'm sure would have benefited the TAMB, and Jimmy showed that the apparent costs of keeping this place going are way beyond what is necessary. I'm glad it has been saved, and I hope that those who are taking over the running of the TAMB have positive plans of their own, and would be willing to talk to those who came up with positive proposals on Jimmy's board. This board was dying a few weeks ago, and a new source of cash isn't going to change the underlying causes of that.

3 minutes ago, DonnyTJS said:

Thanks Jimmy.

The posters who discussed ways to help on Jimmy's board came up with ideas that I'm sure would have benefited the TAMB, and Jimmy showed that the apparent costs of keeping this place going are way beyond what is necessary. I'm glad it has been saved, and I hope that those who are taking over the running of the TAMB have positive plans of their own, and would be willing to talk to those who came up with positive proposals on Jimmy's board. This board was dying a few weeks ago, and a new source of cash isn't going to change the underlying causes of that.

Hear Hear. 

1 hour ago, DonnyTJS said:

Thanks Jimmy.

Despite all the crap that was said there (trivial nonsense) there was a whole 'We need to make this work' thing going on. Scotty should be worried, hell had frozen over, People who had F'all to say to each other were willing to compromise and make things work, Not so sure the new faceless wonders will change anything, Run by fans for fans? My arse.

And it is just rude. To get to a point where Jimmy explained how to make it work, incumbents said no, Jimmy speaks to hosts, hosts say yes (I'm grumpy here as I am IT) incumbents say yes. Three days later the answer is now NO because people offered you money, FFS. No just run by fans for fans, My arse, EGO trip,