TAMB Closure part 2 - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

TAMB Closure part 2

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By Admin4
09/29/2017

We thank everyone who has shown an interest in ensuring that this Board can continue. We are pleased to announce that agreement has been reached with a group of individuals who will take over the running of the Board in its entirety from the current custodians in the very near future.

It is envisaged that there will be minimal disruption to the operation of the board during the handover process.

An announcement from the new custodians will be made in due course

Just now, DonnyTJS said:

By Admin4
09/29/2017

We thank everyone who has shown an interest in ensuring that this Board can continue. We are pleased to announce that agreement has been reached with a group of individuals who will take over the running of the Board in its entirety from the current custodians in the very near future.

It is envisaged that there will be minimal disruption to the operation of the board during the handover process.

An announcement from the new custodians will be made in due course

Anyone care to make a guess?

Well, whoever it is, it is not me.  I had an agreement in place to move the forum over to my server but was then told yesterday it would not be happening as financial backing had been found.

Good luck to whoever takes it forward. It is a very simple process and one that I would have been more than happy to run, and run well.  I was very fortunate to have a good core of people that I have no doubt would have helped move the community in a positive direction.

Best,
Jimmy

11 minutes ago, scotsmanarizona said:

Well, whoever it is, it is not me.  I had an agreement in place to move the forum over to my server but was then told yesterday it would not be happening as financial backing had been found.

Good luck to whoever takes it forward. It is a very simple process and one that I would have been more than happy to run, and run well.  I was very fortunate to have a good core of people that I have no doubt would have helped move the community in a positive direction.

Best,
Jimmy

Thanks for your willingness to help. Top man :ok: 

20 minutes ago, scotsmanarizona said:

Best,
Jimmy

Aha......so someone has stumped up some cash.........that should narrow the field somewhat. Who on here has a bob or two I wonder ?

31 minutes ago, scotsmanarizona said:

Best,
Jimmy

Yes, cheers Jimmy.   Thanks for your efforts; you and the "core".

23 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Thanks for your willingness to help. Top man :ok: 

He has a new board i'm told. Some members have migrated already. So the infrastructure is already in place if folk want to move their, or wait and see what happens with the new owners of this place.

3 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Any chance of a link or a pm please

The board was just put in place to chat about how the board could be saved (at the time it looked like it was going to be closing) and moved forward.  I invited members who had shown interest in keeping it going, mainly to make sure there was a platform in place to chat in case this forum stopped with immediate effect. 

The intention of the new board was never to create a splinter group, just a place for discussion on keeping the current board running. 

The hope was only to keep the TA Message board going and fortunately it looks like that is going to happen.