TAMB Closure part 2 - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

TAMB Closure part 2

37 minutes ago, andymac said:

Not so sure the new faceless wonders will change anything, Run by fans for fans? My arse.

I'm prepared to wait and see on that, but whoever he, she or they are behind the Admin4 login they've handled this badly.

Posting a notice of board mass-suicide out of the blue, it's understandable that a number of posters decided not to just sit back and wait for the plug to be pulled on November 1. Scotsmaninarizona [Jimmy] sets up a forum that shows what's possible for a fraction of the cost Admin4 was bemoaning, and a group of posters put together a viable plan for not only keeping the TAMB alive, but sorting out some of the issues that had hastened its decline. Jimmy was in touch with Admin4 and it looked like everything was in place for seeing if the board could be migrated seamlessly to his server when there's a sudden silence, and then this latest announcement. Very poor.

I see no reason to doubt that the new custodians have the well-being of the board as their priority, and it'll be interesting to see how things develop - but if the decline continues, Jimmy and others have shown that there is a viable alternative...

Edited by DonnyTJS

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, DonnyTJS said:

I'm prepared to wait and see on that, but whoever he, she or they are behind the Admin4 login they've handled this badly.

Posting a notice of board mass-suicide out of the blue, it's understandable that a number of posters decided not to just sit back and wait for the plug to be pulled on November 1. Scotsmaninarizona [Jimmy] sets up a forum that shows what's possible for a fraction of the cost Admin4 was bemoaning, and a group of posters put together a viable plan for not only keeping the TAMB alive, but sorting out some of the issues that had hastened its decline. Jimmy was in touch with Admin4 and it looked like everything was in place for seeing if the board could be migrated seamlessly to his server when there's a sudden silence, and then this latest announcement. Very poor.

I see no reason to doubt that the new custodians have the well-being of the board as their priority, and it'll be interesting to see how things develop - but if the decline continues, Jimmy and others have shown that there is a viable alternative...

As i said elsewhere,where is the AndyMac is FAB button? Should be Jimmy has done too much button.

20 minutes ago, DonnyTJS said:

Oh aye, I forget to mention fannying around with the board's name - what the f**k was that all about?

Edit: Oh yeah, new custodians, no swear filter!

Edited by DonnyTJS

9 hours ago, andymac said:

Despite all the crap that was said there (trivial nonsense) there was a whole 'We need to make this work' thing going on. Scotty should be worried, hell had frozen over, People who had F'all to say to each other were willing to compromise and make things work, Not so sure the new faceless wonders will change anything, Run by fans for fans? My arse.

You called m'laud ???

Sorry its taken me so long to get back from the other board , I was booked on a Ryanair flight that was cancelled. 

?, what do I hear ? I didnt actually need to be in Arizona to be on the other board ? Fook me, technology these days ?

10 hours ago, andymac said:

Still waiting for ADMIN4 to crawl out his hole and offer an explanation about the change of mind. All they have said is that somebody has offered them money, Take you own view from that.

"Her" hole.

Unless discussions have been taking place that I'm not aware of, to my knowledge we had not agreed anything with anyone until we were in the position to make the announcement we have made.

And no-one has offered anyone money.

And no-one has or will receive money.

We have found someone who is prepared to cover the running costs in a way of their own choosing.

We liked their approach and outlook and ideas for the future of the Board and we are happy to hand it over - lock, stock and barrel.

We are being entertained by all the conspiracy theories and outlandish accusations though.

So, please keep it up until we're not here any longer to be entertained.

Love you all.

1 hour ago, Admin4 said:

So, please keep it up until we're not here any longer to be entertained.

Any idea when that might be?

It would be interesting to hear from the person prepared to cover the running costs about their approach, outlook and ideas too.

1 minute ago, Debian said:

There's no new backer, the bosrd was never going and this has all been a ploy to drum up more traffic ?

Kept in house i believe is the term ...

7 minutes ago, Debian said:

There's no new backer, the bosrd was never going and this has all been a ploy to drum up more traffic ?

5 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Kept in house i believe is the term ...

I think everyone knows that but don't understand why they won't just tell us. There's probably been a switch around so mod 5 now admin 3 and admin in charge of costing/banking is in jail awaiting fraud trial . 

We thank Jimmy for his offer of saving the board. We had a number of offers from different people with different ways of keeping things running. 

After speaking to them all and hearing their plans both in terms of technology behind them and how they plan to keep things going we spoke as an Admin and moderating team.

We decided on the option we went for as we feel it is the best for the board going forward and this is of no slight to Jimmy or anyone else who got in touch. Many of whom did so privatly off the board. 

We thank all those who offered their help and wish the new custodians of the board all the best for the future once the full handover takes place.

23 minutes ago, Admin6 said:

We thank Jimmy for his offer of saving the board. We had a number of offers from different people with different ways of keeping things running. 

After speaking to them all and hearing their plans both in terms of technology behind them and how they plan to keep things going we spoke as an Admin and moderating team.

We decided on the option we went for as we feel it is the best for the board going forward and this is of no slight to Jimmy or anyone else who got in touch. Many of whom did so privatly off the board. 

We thank all those who offered their help and wish the new custodians of the board all the best for the future once the full handover takes place.

Do ye aye ?

1 hour ago, Admin6 said:

Sure... B)  thplinth11. 

I quite like Admin4. Better than Michelle Duberry anyway.

1 hour ago, G-Man said:

:rollsmile::rollsmile:

Are you G-man because you're called Gary or something similar, or because of a love of gangster movies, or after the job of the same name in the steelworks?

Sorry, but I simply have to know ?

18 hours ago, slasher said:

I quite like Admin4. Better than Michelle Duberry anyway.

Are you G-man because you're called Gary or something similar, or because of a love of gangster movies, or after the job of the same name in the steelworks?

Sorry, but I simply have to know ?

It's very boring I'm afraid, didn't like being a girl and looked very boyish so stepdad kept my initial and just added masculine bit to it. 

I'm away to look up g-man in steelworks now as never heard that before.

I'm assuming you're either a chib man or pee a lot? :huh:

27 minutes ago, G-Man said:

It's very boring I'm afraid, didn't like being a girl and looked very boyish so stepdad kept my initial and just added masculine bit to it. 

For years there was me thinking it was to do with the G Spot

As in - "thats nowhere near the G Spot you ridiculous selfish man"

:unsure:

9 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

For years there was me thinking it was to do with the G Spot

As in - "thats nowhere near the G Spot you ridiculous selfish man"

:unsure:

Every heterosexual woman would be called G- ???? if that was the case. 

:worried:

:D

8 hours ago, G-Man said:

I'm so named after an 'incident' involving Carlisle fans at Southwaite services pre Wembley in the 80's, although the second applies these days well lol ?

A 'G man' in the steelworks was the go to guy trained in all jobs to cover absence. ??

1 hour ago, slasher said:

I'm so named after an 'incident' involving Carlisle fans at Southwaite services pre Wembley in the 80's, although the second applies these days well lol ?

A 'G man' in the steelworks was the go to guy trained in all jobs to cover absence. ??

I looked up gman at steelworks and spent ages reading about fires, cyber attack, lots of german steelwork sites and somehow ended up here.

http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/The_G-Man

The time you can waste yet still not discover the correct answer, so thank you Slasher for telling me what a G man is/was.