Stokes arrested - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Stokes arrested

On 27/09/2017 at 6:41 AM, Hertsscot said:

Am I the only one who saw that headline and thought it might  have been someone other than the vice captain of the England cricket team?

Have you seen the video?  I can see there being a change to the Ashes squad very soon, which is quite bizarre as it's being played where we used to send our convicts :lol:

Thought he took liberties against the boy at the end who was clearly not trying to get into a fight with him

Typical coward that will get his comeuppance one day 

Would imagine he will now be a target for most neds wanting to make a name for themselves 

46 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Thought he took liberties against the boy at the end who was clearly not trying to get into a fight with him

Typical coward that will get his comeuppance one day 

Would imagine he will now be a target for most neds wanting to make a name for themselves 

Agreed, but the boy at the end was being aggressive until Stokes cracked his pal ( who had went for Stokes & Hales) with a bottle.  I'm assuming he'll be charged with a minimum of assault & dropped from the squad fairly quickly.

Looks to me as though Stokes lost it when his friend was hit with the bottle and got stuck in. Okay he keeps it going but other guys look as though, before Stokes started, they were being the aggressors. Wonder if they knew who he was? Can anyone zoom in and check neither of the guys in black jackets are Balloch Thistle? 

The guy trying to boot the guys head on the deck is a bad yin.

Reaching out with your hands in that situation is stupid, as Stokes shows by just punching round them. You need to either push them away, or if you're going to reach out you need to control their head. Normally by clamping the back of the neck and pulling them forward. Or just circle away slowly out of range with your hands near you.

As G-Man says looks like some guy flailing with a bottle set him off. But you can't punch folk when they are trying to stop/calm the situation down. But then everyone is steamboats so what chance did any of them have.