Broony / Captaincy - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Broony / Captaincy

GordyA88

I suspect regardless of how this campaign finishes, hopefully we at least make the play offs, that it will be Broony's last before international retirement. 

With the possibility of a few retirements at the end of the campaign who do we see or want as the next Scotland captain? 

Probably Brown's successor. We're going to need a new defensive midfield partnership fairly soon, with Brown and Fletcher on their last legs and Morrison not far behind.

Has to be Kevin McDonald imo, does a similar job and currently wearing the armband for Fulham.

For the rest in that position, McArthur's still got a couple of years left, but no quality sadly. Bridcutt seems likely as he's found his feet again in the championship. Crainey can play deeper, if Armstrong is in that linking role behind the forward. So I guess we're looking at other new faces like McGregor and Shinnie to come to have a competing 4-5.

There's other possibilities that might appear.. Gauld, Fleck, McGinn, McTominay, Fulton, Sammut.. could all develop over the next year or two. But it remains to be seen whether any has the quality to make the step up. I dont see any of those grabbing the armband any time soon.