Slovakia and Slovenia squad - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Slovakia and Slovenia squad

fringo

1 hour ago, Tartan Chris said:

Coutts, John Fleck and McKay should all be in this squad considering the injuries in midfield.

Even if they don't start integrate them now so they're ready for the 2020 qualifiers.

Coutts? You must be having a laugh. 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Tartan Chris said:

Coutts, John Fleck and McKay should all be in this squad considering the injuries in midfield.

Even if they don't start integrate them now so they're ready for the 2020 qualifiers.

Are you on something?

Coutts and Fleck could both be premier league players this time next year.

Both key players in a Sheffield United team that walked league one last year and are looking good bets for a top 6 finish this season with the momentum they have.

Watched the Sheffield derby last weekend and they outshone Bannan in the midfield battle so I'd have them in this squad ahead of Bannan and McArthur who can't get a game for an awful Palace.

I never said I'd start either btw. It will be Fletcher + 1 obviously but I thought people wanted to see Strachan pick form players in the squad.

6 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Is there not a rule that allows international manager to enforce they miss their next club match, if they pull out 'injured'?

I believe so.

It's a sad fact but many players would rather secure playing in the English top flight over representing us at the World Cup.

Edited by Toepoke

Not too fussed about Ritchie pulling out. If he's got a knock, he's got a knock. Better not to involve him than have him at 80%.

Plus, he wasn't actually going to play anyway.. so makes little difference. Losing Brown and Armstrong matters, losing Ritchie doesn't.

18 hours ago, ProudScot said:

I don't see how his injury is any different 

If Ritchie was fit for Newcastle on Sunday, and is fit a week on Saturday it seems convenient.

Armstrong and Brown couldn't play at the weekend due to injury, whether they'd be able to play by weekend if Celtic had a big game is up for debate, but they were injured and Celtic pay their wages.