Slovakia and Slovenia squad - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Slovakia and Slovenia squad

fringo

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, runningtings said:

Macarthur, McGinn and Morrison in the middle methinks.

Can't see McGinn starting at all. I could see McArthur and Morrison deeper with Snodgrass ahead, that's probably what will happen, but I've lost trust in McArthur at this point, so I'd much rather we bought in someone else.

1 hour ago, bossman4 said:

McArthur was already in, started the last two games. Would be amazed if Fletcher plays having not kicked a ball for us since Wembley. 

I would be amazed if Fletcher doesn't play.

He is playing 90 mins every week in the Premiership and doing as well as any of our players on that league. I think he may have started anyway even if Brown was fit, in place of McArthur who never seems completely convincing in a Scotland shirt despite his goals. 

Would like to see Ritchie start. Think Morrison will start as well with the injuries. Surely not McGinn?

10 minutes ago, The Black Bra said:

He is playing 90 mins every week in the Premiership and doing as well as any of our players on that league. I think he may have started anyway even if Brown was fit, in place of McArthur who never seems completely convincing in a Scotland shirt despite his goals. 

Would like to see Ritchie start. Think Morrison will start as well with the injuries. Surely not McGinn?

If Fletcher starts, then we're already lost. Honestly.

19 hours ago, The Black Bra said:

No way McGinn will start, Fletcher maybe but Morrison certainly will and think it will be him and Ritchie or Philips with the other one of those to outwide.

25 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

And should start. He matches Armstrong for energy and goal threats IMO.

I doubt he will. I think it'll be the 2nd team Jamboman posted. I can't see him dropping McArthur, regardless of the recent game time. He'll be asked to close down Hamsik, with Fletcher organising everything beside him. The 1 behind Griffiths is the most difficult to predict.

4 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Yep start McGregor behind Griffiths with Fraser & Phillips wide please. 

I'd love to see that but Strachan will handicap us from the off by playing Forrest from the start 

Edited by vanderark14

Just now, Rude Gullit said:

Forrest offers better defensive cover too though which is maybe a better balance. Him on one side and Phillips on the other.

Forrest is like bannan, Great for his club but shite for Scotland. He gets more chances than any other player but fails to deliver for us...............watch him turn in the performance of lifetime on Thursday and score the window.