What brought you to the TAMB? - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

What brought you to the TAMB?

I can't remember, but it must've been at work as I didn't own a computer until 2009. I suspect it was at some point during Bertie's reign and following some horsing or other I just made an internet search out of idle interest to see how Scotland fans were reacting and the search turned up the TAMB. Looked at Anything Goes, was impressed, and lurked for ages with no intention of registering.

During some spat or other, OF-related, I imagine, Reeky Sporran suggested that the whole thing was embarrassing and the board shouldn't allow guests to view forums (maybe only 'non-TA football'; can't remember). I registered to say something like "I've learned a great deal about Scotland from viewing the board, and if you wash your dirty linen in private how will the rest of us know what's under the kilt?" I intended that to be my first and last post. Didn't work out that way ...

I was looking for info about how to get tickets for the home leg of the Netherlands play off in 2003, stumbled across Anything Goes and fell in. I'd love to know now what I first reacted to that made me register. 

Back in the day, the bicker that erupted back on pages 1-2 of this thread would've seen both posters benched until the morning. If they had a record, it would likely get them three days off. For calling someone a tattie muncher, that's a definite suspension. People knew what line would get them suspended and so they rarely crossed it. Whether that was better or not is a matter of opinion. 

45 minutes ago, calmac_man said:

I was looking for info about how to get tickets for the home leg of the Netherlands play off in 2003, stumbled across Anything Goes and fell in. I'd love to know now what I first reacted to that made me register. 

Back in the day, the bicker that erupted back on pages 1-2 of this thread would've seen both posters benched until the morning. If they had a record, it would likely get them three days off. For calling someone a tattie muncher, that's a definite suspension. People knew what line would get them suspended and so they rarely crossed it. Whether that was better or not is a matter of opinion. 

2 hours ago, calmac_man said:

Funk me man. Welcome back.

I came on looking for durty wummin - I found them..

Now 'm in big trouble...

Truthfully 97 % of folk on that I have met are 1) mad 2) mental 3) magic company any i love everyone of them.

NB _ had a lot of whisky today - called the ref an arse at my sons game and got reported to the "Association"

Same as toepoke, I first found Scotland mad and hoped it would be a good board to discuss all things Scotland but it turned out to be a watered down version of follow follow. Someone posted a link to the tamb and I joined up.

23 hours ago, mariokempes56 said:

Now 'm in big trouble...

Truthfully 97 % of folk on that I have met are 1) mad 2) mental 3) magic company any i love everyone of them.

NB _ had a lot of whisky today - called the ref an arse at my sons game and got reported to the "Association"

How you doing mate, going to Slovenia? 

On 23/09/2017 at 7:52 AM, Mod11 said:

Suicide by Moderator

????????

23 hours ago, mariokempes56 said:

Now 'm in big trouble...

Sprnt your life doing that Dave ???

22 hours ago, Jimmy`s Lassie said:

????????

Sprnt your life doing that Dave ???

Dave???? I thought his name was Mario. How disappointing ,' Dave' just doesnt have the same mystery surrounding  it.  

I had to google the name , funnily enough the real Mario looks like what I imagine Dave looks like. Does he ? 

51 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Dave???? I thought his name was Mario. How disappointing ,' Dave' just doesnt have the same mystery surrounding  it.  

I had to google the name , funnily enough the real Mario looks like what I imagine Dave looks like. Does he ? 

Just do fun I stuck you name into google shocked at what came back.

attachment_82525812