Rangers Vs Celtic - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers Vs Celtic

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my hooky stream was sky - which was unusual for me. I usually end up with some US or arabic channel.

Anyhoos, the coverage was terrible especially the commentators/pundits.

Who thought Kris Commons was a good idea? He was asked about the penalty and came out with the worse ever humming and hawing, trying to sit on the fence I think. I can't even remember what he decided at the end.

45 minutes ago, Big Col said:

my hooky stream was sky - which was unusual for me. I usually end up with some US or arabic channel.

Anyhoos, the coverage was terrible especially the commentators/pundits.

Who thought Kris Commons was a good idea? He was asked about the penalty and came out with the worse ever humming and hawing, trying to sit on the fence I think. I can't even remember what he decided at the end.

He decided that if he was the attacker it was a penalty. 

It stopped well short of saying it was a penalty for Sevco, which it wasn't anyway. Watching Sevco's last three games have comprehensively proven that Morelos goes down faster than Elizabeth Taylor's underwear ever did.

On the same subject, Andy Walker (there was contact so he's entitled to go down) is an absolute a rs e. These kind of incidents wouldn't merit a second look anywhere else on the park. He wants to make football a contactless sport. 

Edited by Barney Rubble

Thought we did ok first half and should have done a bit better with a few attacks, still in game at half time. Thought it was a pen at the game, but having just watched it on tele, I don’t think it was. 

Second half a different story. Celtic went up a gear and controlled the majority of it.  Morelos taking that sitter could have changed it a bit. Not pleased with a loss, but not as bad as I thought it was going to be. 

Was chuffed for Mcrorie, stepped up and had a decent game for his first start, Brown I thought was very good, Griffiths still a fud. 

4 hours ago, macy37 said:

Give over. He should have prevented both goals. 2nd one he totally lost his man. Don't let the fact he's young stop you from analysis his performance correctly.

You're obviously not a defender. McCrorie was not at fault for either goal. 

The Portuguese centre half was the covering defender and it was his job to watch the runs and pick up guys like Griffiths. He didn't. Goal was his fault. 

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

You're obviously not a defender. McCrorie was not at fault for either goal. 

The Portuguese centre half was the covering defender and it was his job to watch the runs and pick up guys like Griffiths. He didn't. Goal was his fault. 

You obviously can't read. I wrote he could have prevented both goals and he could and indeed should have.

9 hours ago, macy37 said:

Feck the pope and up to our knees in fenian blood appears to be the go to song so far. 

Did you phone the polis, or just rush to tell all your cyber pals? Are you honestly offended? This will never ever change so maybe you should just turn doon the telly. Or were you actually at the game with the phone keyboard primed and ready? Ffs grow up...you'll be using sevco next

26 minutes ago, The White Ceelo said:

Did you phone the polis, or just rush to tell all your cyber pals? Are you honestly offended? This will never ever change so maybe you should just turn doon the telly. Or were you actually at the game with the phone keyboard primed and ready? Ffs grow up...you'll be using sevco next

You sound fair proud.

4 hours ago, The White Ceelo said:

Did you soil yourself whilst typing that?

47 minutes ago, The White Ceelo said:

Someone is hurting today! :lol::lol:

1 minute ago, The White Ceelo said:

Yip ??? Canny be dain with this Sevco pish, Rangers, yes Rangers were truly humped today by Celtic..not sevco v Pacific shelf. Feel free to continue with my suffering ???

That's all fair enough, but you can't defend the vile songs on offer today.

With the right final ball or managing to stay on their feet Celtic could have been 3 up in 10 mins and 4 up by HT. Seemed to be an acre of space inside both full backs. Rangers tightened it up a bit as the half went on.

Once the first goal came it was always going to be Celtics game. Morelos missed a good chance but can’t think of much more from Rangers of note. The young lad at CB had a good first half but faded in second and was having a torrid time last 20 odd mins or so.

Another minute or so of injury time and Dorrans could have been off, he lost the plot in the last few mins of the game. Didn’t think much off any of the foreign players Pedro has brought in, Pena especially looked lost in the time he was on the pitch. 

Rangers stewards put up a far sterner defence of their goal than Hodson on Tavernier today, that was an impressive formation at the end!!

Just now, ShedTA said:

That's all fair enough, but you can't defend the vile songs on offer today.

Won't ever ever change mate, if and when it happens at any game I let it wash over. Do you really think anywhere else in the world is discussing this considering the game was global. Nobody, bar wee Scotland feel the need to point it out.

11 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

With the right final ball or managing to stay on their feet Celtic could have been 3 up in 10 mins and 4 up by HT. Seemed to be an acre of space inside both full backs. Rangers tightened it up a bit as the half went on.

Once the first goal came it was always going to be Celtics game. Morelos missed a good chance but can’t think of much more from Rangers of note. The young lad at CB had a good first half but faded in second and was having a torrid time last 20 odd mins or so.

Another minute or so of injury time and Dorrans could have been off, he lost the plot in the last few mins of the game. Didn’t think much off any of the foreign players Pedro has brought in, Pena especially looked lost in the time he was on the pitch. 

Rangers stewards put up a far sterner defence of their goal than Hodson on Tavernier today, that was an impressive formation at the end!!

The young boy was the only shining light today and bust a lung for his team, Pena, Candelias, Moreles et al are no improvement In the team, lazy diving South American dicks. Miller should have started the game as captain. Alves is the only pass mark of the foreigners...only just. Should have bought Moult from Motherwell and kept O Hallaran.

Edited by The White Ceelo

6 minutes ago, The White Ceelo said:

Won't ever ever change mate, if and when it happens at any game I let it wash over. Do you really think anywhere else in the world is discussing this considering the game was global. Nobody, bar wee Scotland feel the need to point it out.

If anyone should point it out, it should be citizens of Scotland. Our media ignore it, therefore it continues 'ad nauseam', and for some strange reason it is apparently ok for bigotry and racism to flourish and be celebrated at Ibrox by the fans and management alike. It's really not ok.