Strangest Celebrity Sightings - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Strangest Celebrity Sightings

Its not my story to tell really but in the 90’s my friend was the manageress in a pub in Mitchell St in Glasgow. 

One day a couple of scruffy blokes walked in, one of them took a liking to one of the staff. They came in most days that week and at the weekend my friend drove the other girl  and the 2 blokes to a party in Drumchapel after the pub closed. 

The bloke was  Brad Pitt. He was in the UK filming Interview with the Vampire. 

Cant believe my pal went to a party in her wee Corsa with Brad Pitt , her pal got to snog Brad Pitt, and I got on a show with Paul Daniels  ☹️

31 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Its not my story to tell really but in the 90’s my friend was the manageress in a pub in Mitchell St in Glasgow. 

One day a couple of scruffy blokes walked in, one of them took a liking to one of the staff. They came in most days that week and at the weekend my friend drove the other girl  and the 2 blokes to a party in Drumchapel after the pub closed. 

Cant believe my pal went to a party in her wee Corsa with Brad Pitt , her pal got to snog Brad Pitt, and I got on a show with Paul Daniels  ☹️

That's magic!

12 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Do you ever see "your pal's pal" out in the daylight any more?

4 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Do you ever see "your pal's pal" out in the daylight any more?

😀,  I dont know about recently but just found this in an internet search, she was still ‘human’ in 2009 . 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/how-the-daily-record-revealed-jillian-1007033.amp

4 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

😀,  I dont know about recently but just found this in an internet search, she was still ‘human’ in 2009 . 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/how-the-daily-record-revealed-jillian-1007033.amp

Sad ending.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/girl-who-had-affair-with-brad-pitt-1007093.amp

On 20/11/2017 at 7:06 PM, Armchair Bob said:

I walked into a pub in Glencoe to meet a pal and there was Jimmy Savile holding on to my mate's girlfriend's hand, kissing it and saying smarmy things. I didn't think much of it - thought back then he was a harmless old eccentric - but my pal obviously thought differently about the situation, he was getting more and more agitated and eventually exploded "I'm not having my girlfriend slavered over by England's national poofter!" grabbed her and led her away from the clutches of Britain's now most infamous child sex abuser.

aye well he did have that wee bothy in Glencoe didnt he? remember seeing it covered in abusive graffitti when the truth came out.  believe its still there boarded up isnt it? 

17 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

aye well he did have that wee bothy in Glencoe didnt he? remember seeing it covered in abusive graffitti when the truth came out.  believe its still there boarded up isnt it? 

Somebody bought it, I think.  I seem to remember about £200K or thereabouts.

When we were in Paris for the Faddy game , we were sitting on the Champs , just down from the Arc, the un attractive side, 3-4 of us sitting on a bench stuffing our face with large baguettes and Tom Cruise walked by, it was only me and big Colin that saw him, by teh time we swallowed our food and told teh other guys, wee Tom had walked quite a distance away and none of the rest of our crew believed us...

They were so convinced we were talking shite that we went onto a fans website and found he was staying in Paris that week,   however that still wasnt enough as there was no proof he was walking down that street on that very day at that very time.... 

However Me and Big Colin pointed at the back of Toms heid as he walked by and we tried to finish off a huge bit of baguette.... 

We all went to Paris on a Mission Impossible....  however....

Edited by stocky

46 minutes ago, stocky said:

When we were in Paris for the Faddy game , we were sitting on the Champs , just down from the Arc, the un attractive side, 3-4 of us sitting on a bench stuffing our face with large baguettes and Tom Cruise walked by, it was only me and big Colin that saw him, by teh time we swallowed our food and told teh other guys, wee Tom had walked quite a distance away and none of the rest of our crew believed us...

They were so convinced we were talking shite that we went onto a fans website and found he was staying in Paris that week,   however that still wasnt enough as there was no proof he was walking down that street on that very day at that very time.... 

However Me and Big Colin pointed at the back of Toms heid as he walked by and we tried to finish off a huge bit of baguette.... 

We all went to Paris on a Mission Impossible....  however....

It was en-route to that same game that I met Colin Farrell at the bogs at Heathrow.

Mixed bag here:

Padraig Harrington at LAX arrivals waiting on our luggage

John Simpson (BBC reporter) on an escalator in Times Square mall in Hong Kong

John Leslie (and Gary Locke) in Paris before the Brazil game in 98

Frank McAvennie in Delaney’s, Wanchai, Hong Kong after the inaugural HK football Sevens. He was excellent company.

John Higgins called me an Orange Bastard in Hamilton Palace in the 90s when he found out I was from Larkhall

2 hours ago, Mitre said:

John Simpson (BBC reporter) on an escalator in Times Square mall in Hong Kong

Frank McAvennie in Delaney’s, Wanchai, Hong Kong after the inaugural HK football Sevens. He was excellent company.

A few years back I used to work with a young South African guy a few years back who lived in Wimbledon.   I was talking to him one Monday and asked him what he'd been up to at the weekend.  Blah, blah, blah and on Sunday  we went round to John Simpson's house for a barbecue.   I was, hold on, *you* know John Simpson, the BBC's chief foreign correspondent.   Turned out John Simpson's wife is a lot younger than he is and she'd been in ante-natal classes with my mate's wife and had become really good friends, so he was round at John Simpson's house on a regular basis.

The Hong Kong football sevens was on just after Scotland played there in 2002.  You couldn't move in Wanchai for professional footballers both Scotland players and ex-pros.  

On 11/25/2017 at 6:03 PM, aaid said:

A few years back I used to work with a young South African guy a few years back who lived in Wimbledon.   I was talking to him one Monday and asked him what he'd been up to at the weekend.  Blah, blah, blah and on Sunday  we went round to John Simpson's house for a barbecue.   I was, hold on, *you* know John Simpson, the BBC's chief foreign correspondent.   Turned out John Simpson's wife is a lot younger than he is and she'd been in ante-natal classes with my mate's wife and had become really good friends, so he was round at John Simpson's house on a regular basis.

The Hong Kong football sevens was on just after Scotland played there in 2002.  You couldn't move in Wanchai for professional footballers both Scotland players and ex-pros.  

Must have been the year after then as it was 2003 i think

Back in 1980 I think when I was 18 , four of us going to the Dr Feelgood gig at Glasgow Apollo. We went for a few drinks first at the Iron Horse round the corner. I went to the toilet and came back and one of my mates talking to this guy at the bar - as I went up - fook me its the lead singer Lee Brilleaux. We were sat with them for about 20 mins before they had go and get ready - they were tanking back the dark rums but bought our drinks and put a wee tab behind the bar for a couple of drinks for us. Gave us a mention at the gig as well - just before Milk and Alcohol.