Strangest Celebrity Sightings - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Strangest Celebrity Sightings

17 hours ago, fringo said:

I'm sure John McCririck was with the TA at the Scotland game in Brussels in 2001.

Walked passed us outside some bars and I think was with some guys in kilts.

Statto (angus loughran) was definitely there. stood next to him in the stadiumĀ  - he had two stunning girls with him - not cheap I wouldn't have thought!

6 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Keith Lasley, in a kilt, pishing in a sink in a pub toilet, prior to a Scotland game.Ā 

Ā 

:lol:

well played.

I hope Keith told you off for such disgusting behaviour?

:P

I'veĀ taken a pish next to Kevin Muscat, clatty barsteward did a big flemmy grog in the urinal, I wondered if it was a tactic to stop me starting up a conversation?

Was once in my local bookies and Willie Thorne, Willie Falconer and Brian Kerr were all in at the same time. It was like the celebrity big brother house without the obligatory glamour model.

Speaking of glamour models, Magnus Headmans (now ex) wife was a regular in the supermarket I worked in as a student. (I'm not sure seeing someone in a shop less than a mile from their house counts as strange, but think the strange element is a bonus in this thread.)

3 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

Ah, so this is where your admiration for oor Keef startedĀ ;)

I actually quite liked him after that as he was going to support Scotland.Ā 

He became much more of a dirty wee whank as he got older though :lol:Ā 

Met Steve ā€œMongoā€ McMichaels about 3 years ago. Star of the Bears Superbowl winning side in the ā€˜80s. He owns a pub type place beside me and sometimes makes an appearance. Ā I had no idea who he was but every dick and his dog was all over him.Ā 

1 hour ago, Ormond said:

Met Steve ā€œMongoā€ McMichaels about 3 years ago. Star of the Bears Superbowl winning side in the ā€˜80s. He owns a pub type place beside me and sometimes makes an appearance. Ā I had no idea who he was but every dick and his dog was all over him.Ā 

I'm assuming 'Mongo' has a different meaning over there? ?

Just now, McTeeko said:

I'm assuming 'Mongo' has a different meaning over there? ?

Yep. Thereā€™s a Mongolian style restaurant chain too with one near me. Every single wall inside is plastered with signs that say ā€œGo mongo or go home!ā€Ā :o

7 hours ago, ShedTA said:

Statto (angus loughran) was definitely there. stood next to him in the stadiumĀ  - he had two stunning girls with him - not cheap I wouldn't have thought!

Thank you ShedTA. Now you mention it, it was Statto I was thinking of. I think one of them (or both) Ā have a Scottish connection ?Ā 

I'm not sure how my mind wandered from these two different TV people but it was AL not JM. In no way similar or linked.

8 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Lee McCulloch called me and my mate (not my train friend) a pair of poofs, which launched me into a rant about his performance for Motherwell at Tannadice earlier that day.

I'll doing that the next time I see Kenny McLean outside the golf club.......

9 hours ago, fringo said:

Thank you ShedTA. Now you mention it, it was Statto I was thinking of. I think one of them (or both) Ā have a Scottish connection ?Ā 

I'm not sure how my mind wandered from these two different TV people but it was AL not JM. In no way similar or linked.

Back in the day there used to be a country sports shop - fishing and shooting and the like - called McCririck's on John Finnie St in Kilmarnock. Ā I understand that John McCririck was related to that family.

I've also seen John McCririck in person and he came across as an arrogant ##### to me.Ā 

I also remember a good few years ago, maybe 2008, my mate was working for a band that were playing T in The Park and he got us freebies which meant we had access to the VIP bar etc. Went in on the Saturday afternoon and there was a wee dance floor where an old baldy guy was dancing and winching these two young birds, the only three folk on the dance floor I might add, that old baldy guy was Jim Duffy.

2 hours ago, aaid said:

Back in the day there used to be a country sports shop - fishing and shooting and the like - called McCririck's on John Finnie St in Kilmarnock. Ā I understand that John McCririck was related to that family.

I've also seen John McCririck in person and he came across as an arrogant ##### to me.Ā 

F#ck, I remember buying a catapult fae there when I was a wee boy in the 70s