Strangest Celebrity Sightings - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Strangest Celebrity Sightings

1 minute ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Not really random as he was staying down the road but helped Kevin Keegan buy laminate flooring in Homebase when he was living down in Inverkip. 

Did you work in Homebase, or were you just randomly scouting Homebase for new pals? 

15 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Did you work in Homebase, or were you just randomly scouting Homebase for new pals? 

Both . . . 

I seen him 6 months later the night we beat Lithuania 3 1 before Paris. He looked slightly concerned when 3 guys in full Scotland gear approached him looking for a picture. Nice guy actually. 

Edited by ParisInAKilt

7 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Ex First Minister Jack McConnell at the base of Christ the Redeemer in Rio, July 2009. 

He was the Ambassador for Malawi by then. Nice guy, chatted away for a few minutes ??

I seen him in Dubrovnik last year with his daughter.... well I hope it was his daughter 

32 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

We seen Alex Ferguson going into a Glasgow airport toilet, waited on him but he never came out. Not seen him since.

Couple of bottles of vino hidden in cisterns in every airport in Europe I heard.

Edited by Mox

We met Maggie the Cook from London's Burning on holiday in Greece. Her and her husband were staying in the same apartments. Kept bumping into them as it was a small village (called Kardamili, got married there a few years later as well :wub:). It was only over a drink one night it transpired she was an actress - she was VERY posh English but brilliant doing all sorts of accents. Didn't really watch the show but still recognised her once she said. They were sitting next to us when Larrson scored a last minute equaliser v England and I went a bit Tonto. OK a lot Tonto. My Mrs walked off to the apartment muttering 'you're an idiot' :lol:. Shirley asked me the next day, "Why do you hate us so much ?" Had to do the whole - It's only your football team I hate etc :P

The outdoor cafe/bar we were in was mostly English with a few other European nationalities dotted about - they were the ones pishing themselves laughing as me and one Swedish guy went mental. Great memories. :)

1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I also seen big Judith the weather MILF in the counting house, strange thing was instead of using the women's toilets she went past into the men's bit while I was standing at the puggie

She must have a problem with toilets, my then 2 year old had to show her how to work the taps in the ladies at Crieff Hydro.

Back in the 80s my pal saw John Craven buying a scud mag in Aviemore.

For me it's hard to beat a Monday night about 20 years ago, I was watching the Sky EPL game in the Foxbar hotel in Killie when Rod, Jane and Freddie came in the back door and strolled through the bar!

On a ski lift in Bardonnechia, Italy a few years ago. Big John Jeffries. My 10 year old wean had no idea who he was but definitely knows now....

met him later in a cafe and mentioned to some English folk I had met who he was. I should have kept my mouth shut instead of pointing out a man who was part of that grand slam team.... fkn magic!!!!!

Sarah Jessica Parker in New York, she spoke for a few minutes, my ex wife told her she loved sex in the city, she was less impressed when I told her it was a load of bollocks. 

Pete Docherty stayed across the road from my brother in Hammersmith, spoke to him for a few minutes, seemed decent enough, but was told it was often very wild in the evenings and police were regular visitors. 

Ant (no Dec) walking out of a WH Smith with a newspaper and pint of milk. 

Seen Billy Connolly driving around Aberdeen a few times on his 3 wheeler. 

Mani from the stone roses in nice n sleazys before a stone roses gig. 

Pat Jennings in Dublin airport. 

Joe Lewis frequents the same chipper as I do.