Betting Sites & Preferred Bets - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Betting Sites & Preferred Bets

I mostly use Skybet. I try all sorts and have had a bit of joy recently with an under 3.5 goals acca during the international break, also got a 6 team acca up on Sunday. Both teams to score in both halves is worth a cheeky 50p. I usually pick 3 games and my bet was still live after half time the other night but no joy 2nd half. It is a tricky bet but good returns for small stakes.

I find William Hill is the most user friendly website 

They are best price guaranteed on the nags and are usually alright with their fixed odds betting - which vary dramatically to what you are offered in their shops 

Hill's have always been the best of the high street bookies IMO in my 30 odd years of punting 

Skybet for me. Think its a really good app but probably just because I'm used to it I guess. Like Parkie if I go after singles or doubles I'd shop around.

Coupon wise just a 4 or 5 fold on a Saturday and then usually use my free bet each week on a daft 12 team over 2.5 goals bet. Came close a few times but no joy yet.

41 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I use whoever has the best odds. The amount of folk who religiously use the same bookies every single time is frightening. 

If I'm putting a coupon on i'll just use 365. No wasting time checking odds of every game, plus if you use the same one regularly it helps with free bets etc.

If it's horses or a big bet i'll look at best odds.

18 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

I find William Hill is the most user friendly website 

They are best price guaranteed on the nags and are usually alright with their fixed odds betting - which vary dramatically to what you are offered in their shops 

Hill's have always been the best of the high street bookies IMO in my 30 odd years of punting 

Hills odds in the football are sh1te in comparison to PP & 365.

7 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

If I'm putting a coupon on i'll just use 365. No wasting time checking odds of every game, plus if you use the same one regularly it helps with free bets etc.

If it's horses or a big bet i'll look at best odds.

There's no wasting time. Go to odds checker, make your selections, view the best odds and place your bet through there. Takes exactly the same amount of time. 

25 minutes ago, Parklife said:

There's no wasting time. Go to odds checker, make your selections, view the best odds and place your bet through there. Takes exactly the same amount of time. 

Can you do it without an account on each forum, ie, just have an account with Odds Checker?  Or does it  not work like that?

5 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Can you do it without an account on each forum, ie, just have an account with Odds Checker?  Or does it  not work like that?

Nah, you log in to your account with the bookie, via the oddschecker site, You need an account with whatever bookie you're using. 

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Nah, you log in to your account with the bookie, via the oddschecker site, You need an account with whatever bookie you're using. 

When I'm sitting in the boozer wanting to put an in play bet on or quick coupon the last thing in my mind is who's got slightly better odds.

365 are by far and away the best for cash out too, so that sways me towards them.

9 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

When I'm sitting in the boozer wanting to put an in play bet on or quick coupon the last thing in my mind is who's got slightly better odds.

No worries. I'm just pointing out that it doesn't take any longer to use oddschecker. 

9 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

365 are by far and away the best for cash out too, so that sways me towards them.

Cash out :banghead:

I still quite regularly go into Willie Hills on a Friday lunchtime or Saturday morning and still pretty much stick to a good old fashioned accumulator and I am f u cking terrible at it. If it's online it's PaddyPower as I've no interest in having more than one online account.

Usually put on a 5 or 6 game accumulator and always cash out if it gets to my cash out amount. If it is due to pay out over £300 for my tenner then I settle for £80, never had one that would have gave me full amount.

I also bet in play with around 20 mins to go or less, I was being really greedy the other day and watched PSG come in from 1/12 to 20/21 and had £30 but would not put it on till it went to evens, bassas went and scored...

I'd shop around for a single bet, and jump around depending on offers.

Bet 365 have been my main account since Ladbrokes pulled their equivalent of the skybet club (£5 if you bet £20 in week IIRC). Still use Ladbrokes and skybet regularly when they do offers etc.

Share the log in with my mate on the main account, which works ok, occasionally one of us has a brain fart, or a moment of genius, but we're both pretty sensible.

Having a terrible run though. Got a £100 match bonus from Bet 365 at the start of the season (I presume as they thought I'd disappeared during June and July). We haven't had one bet up and have spunked £170. Mainly on 3-5 team accumulators or BTTS.

14 hours ago, The White Ceelo said:

Usually put on a 5 or 6 game accumulator and always cash out if it gets to my cash out amount. If it is due to pay out over £300 for my tenner then I settle for £80, never had one that would have gave me full amount.

I also bet in play with around 20 mins to go or less, I was being really greedy the other day and watched PSG come in from 1/12 to 20/21 and had £30 but would not put it on till it went to evens, bassas went and scored...

I do this quite alot, things like away team not to score, less than 1.5 more goals etc. Start with a tenner work my way up to around £30-£40 and re start. Some times it works some times it doesn't.  I have noticed though that Sky bets odds in these markets are sh*t compared to Betway though.

If i'm just putting coupons on I try to do 4 or 5 folds and mix them up with wins, BTTS, handicaps and over goals.

13 hours ago, dan cake said:

Surely people using skybet is destroying Scottish football

Fecking traitors

:lol::lol:

12 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Placed my first bet ever just after tge england game for Scotland to qualify,,, just got a strange feeling, enough somtommake it my first official bet... was 30-1 unsure what odds it is now 

Sure it was around 9/2 - 5/1 when I looked just after the Malta game. 

I use Bet Victor as it's the only one that's no banned me as I'm outside of Europe. The rest have sniffed out my location, even if using a VPN.

BV also refund your stake up to a tenner on coupons if you are one down in 5+ team accumulators.

Which happens to me quite a lot.

• 3 months later...