Parking at Hampden help - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Parking at Hampden help

Thought I would stick this in here so that more people actually see it. (Another reason they need to merge the TA specific and home games sections)

I am going to be driving to the Slovakia game from Invergordon and might not be able to leave until 3pm. I think I would be really pushing it although google/aa route planenr are saying 3 hours 40 mins which I think is being very generous. Even if I add on 40 mins for traffic and call it 4 and a half hours then I should arrive at 7.30pm. (Is this realistic??)

Anyone know where would be the best place to park?

Thanks for any help!

21 minutes ago, iainmac1 said:

No idea how long it would actually take to get there on match day. Anyone think 3pm from Invergordon might be a bit too late??

Google maps says 3hrs 29 minutes, the worst part is actually getting to Hampden from the motorway, patience and a bit of luck should see you get there in time. 

15 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Google maps says 3hrs 29 minutes, the worst part is actually getting to Hampden from the motorway, patience and a bit of luck should see you get there in time. 

Google must change depending on time as it says 3hrs 55mins just now. Prob longer in a few hours.

I detest driving to Hampden. As DD says, to get off the motorway to the ground is horrendous normally. 

I've often parked on Kings Park Avenue and walked the 10 mins or so to Hampden from there. I'd be wary of parking in the Asda as i suspect you will get a ticket, which is legally enforcable! 

There are many streets around Hampden that are signed as "No Event Parking". I've never parked on them but there are threats that cars will be towed. 

I'm sorry that i can't give good advice but as you'll be arriving late you might be struggling for a space close by and traffic is likely to be very busy. 

7 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I detest driving to Hampden. As DD says, to get off the motorway to the ground is horrendous normally. 

I've often parked on Kings Park Avenue and walked the 10 mins or so to Hampden from there. I'd be wary of parking in the Asda as i suspect you will get a ticket, which is legally enforcable! 

There are many streets around Hampden that are signed as "No Event Parking". I've never parked on them but there are threats that cars will be towed. 

I'm sorry that i can't give good advice but as you'll be arriving late you might be struggling for a space close by and traffic is likely to be very busy. 

We inadvertantly parked in one of the "No Event Parking" streets at the last game against Germany.

Got back to the car which had a parking ticket / fine for £60 on it!