No more Ryanair for me - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

No more Ryanair for me

39 minutes ago, dan cake said:

I've no doubt you know the story, about 100 Scotland fans not being allowed to board as we were a security risk!

I mind if the story but what was the outcome? Did you all make it over to the game somehow or get refunded or whatever?

19 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

I mind if the story but what was the outcome? Did you all make it over to the game somehow or get refunded or whatever?

Fired off emails for a couple of months (Easyjet,Menzies Aviation,Dutch airport authorities etc) and got nowhere. Was told getting the press involved might help but really didn't want to be in the paper's and yes made it to Leveins masterclass via eindhoven

2 hours ago, Alibi said:

Regarding APD, is that not a line being spun by some people with a vested interest?  Did Ryanair not say that the reason for dropping Glasgow was Briexit?  That was in the media a few days ago.  But hey, let's sit back and watch the BBC spin it as all being the fault of the SNP as usual.

Some of the comments on the BBC article have to be seen to be believed!

On 28/09/2017 at 1:17 PM, they've_been_suckered said:

I'll still fly with them. I like O'Leary, think he quite bullishly defends their business model. They are a no frills airline yet middle aged keyboard warriors on social media expect a BA type customer service experience for £9.99. 

The BA customer service experience is no different to that of Ryanair in the slightest.

BA is nothing more than a no-frills budget airline itself these days.

On 27/02/2018 at 5:49 PM, weekevie04 said:

:lol: very true! Although the moaning will be about getting to Edinburgh airport, Ryanair's new Scots hub.

I've never had a problem with them. Don't use them regularly, but do fly with them occasionally. Same with Easyjet - never had a problem apart from the odd 1-2 hr delay.

correct and what can you really expect for a return flight for  £30!

On 27/02/2018 at 5:49 PM, weekevie04 said:

37 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

The BA customer service experience is no different to that of Ryanair in the slightest.

When a BA flight had a failure in my case, they bus'ed me from Glasgow to Edinburgh to get me onto another flight.   That involved a transfer in another airport, but they paid me expenses for the stopover.   (My only problem then was my I Love Sweden t-shirt in Denmark :o )

Admittedly, that was a couple of years ago;  before O'Leary gobbed in my pint.

On 01/03/2018 at 7:01 PM, dan cake said:

My thoughts on easyjet could well be tested over the weekend, supposed to be flying home from Madrid on Saturday morning. Doesn't look good at the moment, the plane in Spain stays mainly on the plain!

Not tried to claim back my extra night accommodation yet but easyjet were constantly updated their sky planner and changing my flight was no hassle at all. Got a freebie for the bernabeu off some nice Englanders on a stag night, which was nice

On 28/02/2018 at 8:27 PM, DaveyDenoon said:

Total pish.... BA has many faults but there is an attempt to get passengers rebooked.

Couple years back KLM delayed my flight 4 hours from AMS to ABZ - 800 Euro Compensation - covered a Cape Town to Aberdeen flight last year

I know folk on here criticise KLM but are my favourite airline

Have enough miles with them to do 20 Scotland Trips, but always save them for a rainy day

20 minutes ago, euan2020 said:

Couple years back KLM delayed my flight 4 hours from AMS to ABZ - 800 Euro Compensation - covered a Cape Town to Aberdeen flight last year

I know folk on here criticise KLM but are my favourite airline

Have enough miles with them to do 20 Scotland Trips, but always save them for a rainy day

Used KLM all through the 2000's for scotland away trips and other things. Never had a bother with them at all.

4 hours ago, phart said:

I missed a BA flight once through my own fault they rebooked me on next available space for free. Was a few years back now though now i think of it. Probably no longer relevant.

Yep

Used to be excellent a few years back. Not so now.

Lufthansa on the other hand - fantastic