Personalised plates - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Personalised plates

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Do you think he is seeking attention or hiding his age?

?

I Ā was thinking he was Ā trying to promote his wealth. PerhapsĀ how many stores he owns?Ā 

Right, I am off to Largs for the day. Instead ofĀ asking the kids to spot as many red cars as they can I am asking them to find as many attention seekingĀ Ā bawbags.Ā 

4 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

?

I Ā was thinking he was Ā trying to promote his wealth. PerhapsĀ how many stores he owns?Ā 

Right, I am off to Largs for the day. Instead ofĀ asking the kids to spot as many red cars as they can I am asking them to find as many attention seekingĀ Ā bawbags.Ā 

Are your kids old enough for the Tamb? . . .Ā 

10 minutes ago, Debian said:

1. My folks got me it for my 30th this year

2. LikelyĀ 

3. MintedĀ 

Sorry Debian but your application has been declined. Plates received as presents do not meet Bawbag standards. You mayĀ re-applyĀ when you are 40. Ā 

54 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Very little bawbaggery to report on the roads this afternoon ?Ā 

The most bawbastically interesting plateĀ was P1APS. And a rather bored looking lady driving a car titled A1VON.Ā 

A Nardinis ice cream cheered me up though.

NICE1 ?

Just to add another angle - about a year ago I had a lot of trouble with someone "cloning" the plate for my car and getting lots of parking fines and speeding tickets. Caused me no end of trouble and Police, DVLA etc were of very little help. Seriouslly considered paying for something cheap to get out from under the problem (there were various SCO type ones for Ā£250 when I looked).

It was a real headache, even though I had cctv footage evidence and at the time of one "offence" was actually working at the police training college with my car on their cctv in the car park there - the cloner had a different colour vehicle and it had lots of visual differances from mine - plus the arse looked nothing like me (the gantry cameras on the motorway capture very nice hi res photies) - the general Police approach was I was "guilty" until proven innocent.

In the end the tickets stopped coming, the cloner either changed numbers or ended up getting rid of the presumably nicked vehicle- annoyingly it's dead easy to get a fake plate - just go online to a company in Ireland who does "show plates" and you can have anything you want (they have some disclaimer abouty them being for car shows, tv shows etc) - not being in uk neither uk or Irish police give a damn.

Interestingly I belive my registration is still on the "hit list " for Police - but, I've never been pulled over once - apparently the sytem is swamped with so many registrations that require looking at, that unless you are driving like a muppet or traffic are bored you won't get pulled.