The Final Globe Earth v Flat Earth Debate - Page 11 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Final Globe Earth v Flat Earth Debate

49 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

:lol: That's brilliant. Did somebody from Viz get a job at the Washington Post?

You've got to admire this guy's powers of persuasion, if nothing else. He doesn't believe that NASA has the technology to send stuff into space but he thinks he can do it himself, with a steam powered rocket. And he managed to persuade flat Earthers that he can do it. They are giving him money to try to do something that they don't believe NASA can do. And, in a fukin steam powered rocket? Have they even thought about where he is going to put the coal?:lol:

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

I beseech you not to be the last to have the penny drop...

Jesus Christ!

I blame you.

On 11/23/2017 at 2:26 PM, Toepoke said:

1 hour ago, Flure said:

I blame you.

Not guilty m'lud!  Nobody had gone near this thread for weeks til today.

I was actually talking to a conspiracy theorist minded chap the other day and I mentioned the proliferation of stuff on the internet about Flat Earth theory, and the apparent rise in people believing in it.  He reckons it is a deliberate attempt by the powers that be to present something so outlandish that other conspiracy theories can also be dismissed by association.

30 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Not guilty m'lud!  Nobody had gone near this thread for weeks til today.

I was actually talking to a conspiracy theorist minded chap the other day and I mentioned the proliferation of stuff on the internet about Flat Earth theory, and the apparent rise in people believing in it.  He reckons it is a deliberate attempt by the powers that be to present something so outlandish that other conspiracy theories can also be dismissed by association.

No, not in this case.

The Bible agrees with 'flat' and motionless.

So, is your chap a Christian Truther or is he into that conspiracy 'lite' fluff?

efbbf31791f78b0a116aafc0b91e771a--petri-

27 minutes ago, mariokempes56 said:

Scotty - c'mon man thats just guff . You never been in a plane or a spaceship?

So the soacecraft just fly around a circular plane ? Kinda fuks up gravity as well  as a million other things.

Aye, the gravity thing makes every flat Earth argument a crock of shit right away.

The irony of the "Why Would They Lie" meme seems to have been missed

It simply boils down to you having to have beliefs of a fucking idiot in order to keep ancient text of iron age men relevant  

6 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

No, not in this case.

The Bible agrees with 'flat' and motionless.

So, is your chap a Christian Truther or is he into that conspiracy 'lite' fluff?

efbbf31791f78b0a116aafc0b91e771a--petri-

I think the scale on that picture is a bit off, Scotty. 

10 hours ago, mariokempes56 said:

So the soacecraft just fly around a circular plane ? 

The 'spaceships' launch, but I don't believe they go into 'orbit' at all.

5151409__jpeg46c4f3f7360db850647354c4316

10 hours ago, Ormond said:

Aye, the gravity thing makes every flat Earth argument a crock of shit right away.

Folk 'parrot' the answer 'gravity' for everything (as if they actually understand what they are talking about).

"How does the earth orbit the sun?" Gravity

"How do we stick to the spinning ball earth?" Gravity

"Why doesn't the water fly off of a ball spinning at 1,000 m.p.h?" Gravity

"Why does the moon orbit the earth?" Gravity

"What causes the tides?" Gravity

"Why do the 'planets' move in relation to the fixed stars of constellations?" Gravity

There is no gravity. 

Imagine trying to prove that there is such a thing as 'gravity' by showing that an object has more weight and density than air? :lol: 

tyson-mic-drop.jpg

2 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

There is no gravity. 

Imagine trying to prove that there is such a thing as 'gravity' by showing that an object has more weight and density than air? :lol: 

Gravitational attraction has been shown experimentally since the Cavendish Experiment in 1798, which had nothing to do with relatively density to air.

Since you've reentered this thread, how about addressing the points that you ignored when it was previously active?