Champions League - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Champions League

20 minutes ago, Mox said:

Terrible, terrible night for football, hopefully they get absolutely humiliated in the final. 

That bad aye? Hopefully Liverpool win and Robertson has a stormer 

12 hours ago, JECK said:

Looking good for Liverpool. Magic stuff 😃

Aye Robertson done much then does a great run and cross. (Does what Robertson does really)Should be first scot to play in a champs league final since,who is it again,  Lambert?

Name the 3 Scottish Internationalists that have played in the Final of European competition in the last 20 years?

6 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Name the 3 Scottish Internationalists that have played in the Final of European competition in the last 20 years?

well the whole Celtic team and the Whole Rangers team have played in a Final of European Competitions in the last 20 years.

So i would say more than 3.

do you mean champions league?

40 minutes ago, stocky said:

well the whole Celtic team and the Whole Rangers team have played in a Final of European Competitions in the last 20 years.

So i would say more than 3.

Definitely. McAllister at Liverpool would be another.

7 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Aye.

Mad to think there's only been 3 Scots played for English clubs in finals since then. There used to be about 3 in every team!

Aye,  even the guy in Nottingham Forest who won the Champions Cup and we didnae know he was Scottish.........

Would i be right in saying only 1 Scot has won the English Premier League this Century...

or in last 20 years? an even worse statistic

Darren Fletcher.....   

anyone else?

3 hours ago, stocky said:

Would i be right in saying only 1 Scot has won the English Premier League this Century...

or in last 20 years? an even worse statistic

Darren Fletcher.....   

anyone else?

That sounds right. My guess would be mclair in 97 prior to fletcher, then hendry and Gallagher at Blackburn, mclair again twice then mcallistar and strachan.

4 hours ago, Ormond said:

Amazing for Robertson. Chuffed for him. First name on a Scotland team sheet. 

I still hope Liverpool get skelped in the final though. 👍

Usually I would want the English side to get destroyed but I canny even consider supporting Madrid and Ronaldo

2 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Usually I would want the English side to get destroyed but I canny even consider supporting Madrid and Ronaldo

Aye, he is a cunt and Scousers seem to be the least “English” of all cunts but I still can’t bring myself to want them to win.

4 hours ago, stocky said:

Aye,  even the guy in Nottingham Forest who won the Champions Cup and we didnae know he was Scottish.........

John McGovern? Plenty of folk knew he was a Scot, unfortunately Ally McLeod wasn't one of them.

37 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Aye, he is a cunt and Scousers seem to be the least “English” of all cunts but I still can’t bring myself to want them to win.

https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2013/10/get-yer-scouse-in-order/

23 hours ago, Big Col said:

25 August 2000 v Galatasaray

What he said, and Chelsea a couple of years previous to that

Seen an Aberdeen fan saying the Super Cup doesn’t count because it’s a ”diddy cup” that nobody takes seriously. 

I wonder what he thinks the second star above their club crest is for

Edited by DoonTheSlope

2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

John McGovern? Plenty of folk knew he was a Scot, unfortunately Ally McLeod wasn't one of them.

Aye. it was obvious that he was Scottish. He just wasn't considered to be quite good enough at the time. 

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Aye. it was obvious that he was Scottish. He just wasn't considered to be quite good enough at the time. 

I think Clough took him everywhere with him, so he rated him and must have been one of the first names on team sheet.