Revisiting 9/11? - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Revisiting 9/11?

14 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Explain.

One of the genes that governs bone density in human beings is called low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 5, or LRP5 for short. Mutations which impair the function of LRP5 are known to cause osteoporosis. But a different kind of mutation can amplify its function, causing one of the most unusual human mutations known.

This mutation was first discovered fortuitously, when a young person from a Midwest family was in a serious car crash from which they walked away with no broken bones. X-rays found that they, as well as other members of the same family, had bones significantly stronger and denser than average. (One doctor who's studied the condition said, "None of those people, ranging in age from 3 to 93, had ever had a broken bone.") In fact, they seem resistant not just to injury, but to normal age-related skeletal degeneration. Some of them have benign bony growths on the roof of their mouths, but other than that, the condition has no side effects - although, as the article notes dryly, it does make it more difficult to float. As with Apo-AIM, some drug companies are researching how to use this as the basis for a therapy that could help people with osteoporosis and other skeletal diseases.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

God switches it on and off with his big on/off switch. It's not like a wall mounted one it's one of those big lever ones you get in films.

or why the sky is completely different in different hemispheres, or why we have a pole star, which humans have been tracking for millenia, or why Egyptians thought it was a sphere and baked it's physical relationships into their monuments. Why is there more sunlight at the equator, why does the sun look different at different longitudes. Why do we have seasons? Why do mammals have circadian rhythms. It just goes on and on. 

4 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Didn't take long for the thread to turn to shit

Dont bother saving the board :lol:

Notice how when we discuss 9/11 Scotty comes in and posts mental stuff. He actually came back from his exile the last time purely to post nonsense in the thread. I think he might have been projecting when he called Donny a gatekeeper.

Here's the thread, first time he had posted in ages, came back straight in as a spoiler.

Edited by phart

17 minutes ago, phart said:

That'sa wrong, it's confusing 2d space with 3d space.

I don't know about wikipedia, I was taught cos(C/R) = cos(A/R) cos(B/R) was the equation for spherical pythagorean theorems.

What's the formula for determining the curvature of the earth, then?

16 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

If the planet isn't spinning then where does the sun go at night?

I believe in the geocentric model.

If you believe that the sun is 93 million miles away and 400 times larger than the moon then I'd like to know how that was determined.

The model that I now subscribe to has a sun that is 3,000 miles away and only 32 miles in diameter.

The midnight sun doesn't go away at the North Pole.

How does that get explained?

16 minutes ago, phart said:

Showing us what? The earth isn't a sphere. Are you arguing it now is? I thought you thought it was flat?

I now believe that the earth is flat.

What do you believe?

(Perhaps your question mark below threw me.)

24 minutes ago, phart said:

We know the earth isn't a sphere as well?

Edited by Scotty CTA

8 minutes ago, phart said:

Notice how when we discuss 9/11 Scotty comes in and posts mental stuff. He actually came back from his exile the last time purely to post nonsense in the thread. I think he might have been projecting when he called Donny a gatekeeper.

That's a good point. 

Hard enough convincing people to at least keep an open mind when you're going off on tangents. 

16 minutes ago, phart said:

No point asking Scotty he doesn't know it well enough to explain it himself, he just points to his book as usual. Dogma rules him.

Not true.

Stay with it, please.

12 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I did a whole post on 'no planes' and 'Rabbi Dov Zakheim'.

Where did it go?

12 minutes ago, phart said:

or why the sky is completely different in different hemispheres, or why we have a pole star, which humans have been tracking for millenia, or why Egyptians thought it was a sphere and baked it's physical relationships into their monuments. Why is there more sunlight at the equator, why does the sun look different at different longitudes. Why do we have seasons? Why do mammals have circadian rhythms. It just goes on and on. 

Everything about the geocentric model makes sense.

11 minutes ago, phart said:

Here's the thread, first time he had posted in ages, came back straight in as a spoiler.

And how would you know that?

I 'returned' only after my dear Mum had passed, and my posting (regardless of what you may think of it) has been consistent. 

(What is 'projecting'?)

4 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

That's a good point. 

It's not.

I have consistently posted what I believe and done my best to show the reasons why.

7 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

Some people did some hard sums.

The lies had to be so complex that they would be beyond the understanding of most.

Those that can keep up have had their worldview handed to them on fake theories that they accept as fact.

2 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

The lies had to be so complex that they would be beyond the understanding of most.

Those that can keep up have had their worldview handed to them on fake theories that they accept as fact.

Damn that fake empirical evidence

8 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Here's an example...

None of theses calculations are real (and most couldn't even begin to challenge them) but they get passed off and accepted as genuine.

25 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

The midnight sun doesn't go away at the North Pole.

How does that get explained?

That's actually an excellent example to disprove the Flat Earth concept.

The North Pole in mid summer is facing towards the sun, hence it never gets dark.  The Flat Earth model faces the sun all the time, we would never have a night sky.

7 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

That's actually an excellent example to disprove the Flat Earth concept.

Only based on what you have been previously taught.

48 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Apologies, but I did reply to 9/11 and will retype when I have time.

(Perhaps the thread could be renamed to accommodate all deceptions.)

The tangents that you believe you see aren't really tangents though.

It's the same 'network' behind everything.

12 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Not if the sun is a lot closer and a lot smaller than we have been led to believe.

You would still see evidence of it in the sky if the surface of the planet was a flat plane.  If it was directly above a point 10,000 miles away at a height of 3000 miles the sun would appear in the sky around 17 degrees above the horizon.

43 minutes ago, Mox said:

You started this thread knowing it would turn to shit almost immediately, don't pretend to be so f u cking dense.

Well it didn't, well not right away. 

Don't think it's dense to hope folk can just stay on 9/11 without going off on tangents about other "conspiracies"

22 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Only based on what you have been previously taught.

Apologies, but I did reply to 9/11 and will retype when I have time.

(Perhaps the thread could be renamed to accommodate all deceptions.)

The tangents that you believe you see aren't really tangents though.

It's the same 'network' behind everything.

Maybe it is. But it's hard enough trying get people to look into 9/11 without throwing other things at them, at least that's my perception of it. 

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

Which is exactly my point.

You call things empirical when they are not.

I'm not letting the TAMB go out without posting a video ..

But do yourself a favour at watch this 5 minute video despite how much you despise Dawkins (probably)

Then do yourself another favour and watch the whole debate