Can the TA board be saved? - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Can the TA board be saved?

2 minutes ago, McDange said:

Scotland Supporters Club should pick this up and use our membership fee to cover the running costs.Unlikely to get a better source of direct customer feedback and focus - Twitter & Facebook groups aren't thread based and trying to find old information is never easy. 

What if you're not a member?

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Or should I say, would non members be able to post as well etc

Considering that the SSC phoned me up and attempted to give me a telling off for complaining about ticket prices on twitter, i can only imagine how they'd moderate this board :lol: 

50 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Considering that the SSC phoned me up and attempted to give me a telling off for complaining about ticket prices on twitter, i can only imagine how they'd moderate this board :lol: 

If they didn't call you up, you'd be complaining they were ignoring you. 

10 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Seriously, that is shocking. 

Yeah, i know. They were essentially trolling someone else who was complaining and i questioned with the SSC twitter account was being patronizing and condescending to SSC members and Scotland fans. 20 minutes later my phone went and it was them trying to give me a telling off:lol:  

3 hours ago, McDange said:

Scotland Supporters Club should pick this up and use our membership fee to cover the running costs.Unlikely to get a better source of direct customer feedback and focus - Twitter & Facebook groups aren't thread based and trying to find old information is never easy. 

SSC could just donate the money. 10p per member.

Since some folk are blaming social media for the forthcoming demise of the TAMB, would anyone be interested in seeing it relaunched as an actual social media platform?  Rather than having a board for Home/Away matches, these could be set up as Events with full commenting facilities.  You could still have actual forum boards for discussion of course and they could be set up such that posts could also go straight to Facebook, etc.

The TAMB would basically become a mini-Facebook.  The software to do this is quite inexpensive.  There'd still be hosting fees of course.

If anybody's interested then I'm happy to trade some ideas via PM.

6 hours ago, McDange said:

Well that will never happen. The SSC utterly detest this board and are not interested in the fans anyway.

37 minutes ago, Lamia said:

Well that will never happen. The SSC utterly detest this board and are not interested in the fans anyway.

SSC should be the perfect entity to take over, moderate and run this board. I believe the TAMB has been successfully run by selfless, hardworking supporters of our national team. Look at the many recent comments about how people have found travel information, places to stay, places to visit, parties, promoted worthwhile causes, met life long friends, debated all sorts of issues. All moderated with, mostly, a warm sense of humour.

SSC should be the mirror of this. This is what SSC should be about.

Sadly, they're bawbags and I'd rather see it disappear than become a part of their 'brand'

G-Man. I also like to eat fried egg on toast in my pyjamas. I've got a dog too. We could walk the streets together. :(

2 minutes ago, Bobster said:

SSC should be the perfect entity to take over, moderate and run this board. I believe the TAMB has been successfully run by selfless, hardworking supporters of our national team. Look at the many recent comments about how people have found travel information, places to stay, places to visit, parties, promoted worthwhile causes, met life long friends, debated all sorts of issues. All moderated with, mostly, a warm sense of humour.

Sadly, they're bawbags and I'd rather see it disappear than become a part of their 'brand'

G-Man. I also like to eat fried egg on toast in my pyjamas. I've got a dog too. We could walk the streets together. :(

As mentioned above, even of they did they would probably delete every critical post and revoke the poster's SSC membership.

3 hours ago, Bobster said:

Philistine!  Fried egg on toast? I won't enter the porridge or roasted/toasted debates but my dearest Bobster fried eggs can only ever be served in one of 2 ways, 1 - on a roll, preferably Mortons, with a potato scone and brown sauce, never ever tomato sauce or 2 - with chips and tomato sauce, never brown.  As to walking the dogs, I suggest we start an alternative club to replace the tamb, how about Doggers United? I bet we'd be inundated with new members, I'm not sure about charging a fee but we can discuss this when we see how many applicants we get. :)

Jings that was quick, Charlie Endell, Kev Kumnio, TDYER, Parkie, Toepoke and Ally Bongo, who oddly asked about male female ratio,  have applied already. 

Oh Orraloon is asking if Mario Kempe has signed up, aw that's lovely I never knew they were pals. 

We'll be top site it no time Bobster. 

Edited by G-Man

11 hours ago, Bobster said:

Like hookers, you mean?

I'd like to see the TAMB stay in it's current format if at all possible. Notwithstanding a couple of idiots (mostly found in Non-TA Football), this is a really good site.  It's generally a decent read, very informative, all sides of arguments are presented and above all, funny (save for Flure and Fringo's jokes obviously).  

I can't offer too much by way of time or technical capability but, like others, I'd be willing to contribute financially if that becomes an option. 

In the meantime, thanks to all those folks who have used their own time, effort and (by the sounds of it) finances to keep the TAMB going for as long as they have.

#savetheTAMB (please see "Wanky Phrases Alert")

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Like hookers, you mean?

Don't you dare cheapen our plans with your 'hooker' talk, Bobster was just trying to cheer me and others up by suggesting going out with our dogs and from there I came up with the great idea of starting a dogging club. Anyway the jokes on you I'm inundated with emails from people wanting to join.:cheers3::cheers3:

8 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Don't you dare cheapen our plans with your 'hooker' talk, Bobster was just trying to cheer me and others up by suggesting going out with our dogs and from there I came up with the great idea of starting a dogging club. Anyway the jokes on you I'm inundated with emails from people wanting to join.:cheers3::cheers3:

:lol: