Can the TA board be saved? - Page 10 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Can the TA board be saved?

Just now, Lamia said:

Ach stop trying to burst some people's bubble who would rather make unsubstantiated accusations having jumped to their own conclusions, you spoil sport! :mad: 

No, I'm not.

For those who like that sort of thing, they'll say that I'll be lying and covering up what's really happening. Something like that.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an update on the situation with respect to closure. 

I am still waiting to have a conversation with the current admin of the board, although I have been told this will be forthcoming.

Myself and a number of members have had very positive chats about taking the board forward.  These chats have been happening within a forum (same software as this) that I created on the same server that I would be hosting the current board.  Everything should be in place for a straight forward transfer of the forum if and when required.  In my mind, there is absolutely no reason that this board should come to an end and the worst scenario (which I would hope wouldn't happen as I believe continuity is best) is that we now have a forum in place to move over to if it does. 

Please note that this is just an update from my side and for all I know admin could be in communications with many other people with respect to taking the board on.   The aim of this message is one of positivity, to say that we can/will still have a platform come November the 2nd.  It is a little frustrating still reading threads about closure when there is no reason for it to happen and potentially turning new members away in the process.

Anyone wishing to contribute to our chats can PM me for access.

2 hours ago, scotsmanarizona said:

I am still waiting to have a conversation with the current admin of the board, although I have been told this will be forthcoming.

Myself and a number of members have had very positive chats about taking the board forward.  These chats have been happening within a forum (same software as this) that I created on the same server that I would be hosting the current board.  Everything should be in place for a straight forward transfer of the forum if and when required.  In my mind, there is absolutely no reason that this board should come to an end and the worst scenario (which I would hope wouldn't happen as I believe continuity is best) is that we now have a forum in place to move over to if it does. 

Please note that this is just an update from my side and for all I know admin could be in communications with many other people with respect to taking the board on.   The aim of this message is one of positivity, to say that we can/will still have a platform come November the 2nd.  It is a little frustrating still reading threads about closure when there is no reason for it to happen and potentially turning new members away in the process.

Guid laddie! :ok:

3 hours ago, scotsmanarizona said:

:ok:

Thank you scotmaninarizona and fingers crossed you succeed but just in case.

I'm away to walk my dog, I'll head up to car park on the braes as this is where I hope to start our new digging with hookers group. It's fecking freezing so it's thermal simmet and drawers weather. Just some clothing advice in case Bobster or Bonzo are heading up. I have a big bright torch so don't worry and feel you have to lower your car windows, I'll just shine the light and you can give me a wee wave if it's either one of you. 

3 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Thank you scotmaninarizona and fingers crossed you succeed but just in case.

I'm away to walk my dog, I'll head up to car park on the braes as this is where I hope to start our new digging with hookers group. It's fecking freezing so it's thermal simmet and drawers weather. Just some clothing advice in case Bobster or Bonzo are heading up. I have a big bright torch so don't worry and feel you have to lower your car windows, I'll just shine the light and you can give me a wee wave if it's either one of you. 

Jings, I've been wandering about shouting G-man for the last hour.

5 minutes ago, andymac said:

Jings, I've been wandering about shouting G-man for the last hour.

Aw ffs I've just pulled on my thermals taken a wee sip of black label and me and my big leggy lurcher  are heading up there now. I'll shine the torch anyway. :hug:

Oh and what's digging with hookers? Sounds like a fecking serial killer site. 

:lol: oops just realised it was me who wrote digging with hookers and not you. No more drink. 

Edited by G-Man

Hey. Really sorry about the delay. I was out of my car with my toy poodle and Maglite laggy banded round my head. Been wandering about and this big annoying Trump like American was following me shouting 'Hey, gee man. Gee man, hey. Son of a bitch. Gee. Hey.'

Annoyed the shit out of me so I hit him with my shovel.

Be there soon.

8 minutes ago, Bobster said:

Hey. Really sorry about the delay. I was out of my car with my toy poodle and Maglite laggy banded round my head. Been wandering about and this big annoying Trump like American was following me shouting 'Hey, gee man. Gee man, hey. Son of a bitch. Gee. Hey.'

Be there soon.

:lol:

1 hour ago, Bobster said:

Be there soon.

Aw sheite Bobsy that might have been our Arizonan (is that a thing?) tamb saviour and you've gone and lamped him one. Are you sure he was American? Could it have been a silver fox gaily skipping around camper than Christmas and singing out my name? If so it was Andymac.

Was walking round the wee park near my house late one night last week and couple came in with their dog and they (humans) were wearing those mental lights on bands around their heads. Scared the b'jesus out of me. Made them nervous as I suddenly appeared in their spotlight muttering, "I thought you were aliens." It was probably made even stranger as my dog had wandered off so I was just a wee weird muttering wummin wandering round an empty swing park at midnight. 

On 21/09/2017 at 7:09 PM, scotsmanarizona said:

Great news and good work

Any updates would be appreciated and hopefully this moves forward.

As far as turning new members away, the mare exposure this thread gets the better 

On 9/20/2017 at 0:02 AM, DonnyTJS said:

Good luck to those who are putting effort in to saving it, but it's going to take some massive resuscitation if it's not just to float along in life-support apart from a bit of a flicker come international games.

As far as I'm concerned it would be still worth having if only coming to life around international games when it could be a lifeline, plus periodic other fan issues like players in action, things involving communal decisions like ticket prices/boycotts, anthems/matchday isues, change of manager and anything to do with fighting corner of the international cause (including things like team gb).  other things are optional extras...

7 hours ago, exile said:

As far as I'm concerned it would be still worth having , other things are optional extras...

I agree I've got plantar fasciitis and it's awffy sore and I'd like to talk about it. I'd consider this an optional extra. 

(It's sore just now but too near real morning to drink the pain away but feel the need to try for sympathy but too lazy to start a new thread.) 

12 minutes ago, G-Man said:

I agree I've got plantar fasciitis and it's awffy sore and I'd like to talk about it. I'd consider this an optional extra. 

(It's sore just now but too near real morning to drink the pain away but feel the need to try for sympathy but too lazy to start a new thread.) 

Man up!

1 hour ago, G-Man said:

Orthotic inserts in your shoes work wonders for Plantar Fasciitis.