Who was your favourite TAMB poster? - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Who was your favourite TAMB poster?

3 minutes ago, northernscum said:

He tweeted a picture from the back of the North stand on Monday......... It wasn't that great to be honest :lol:

If you know him, ask him to come back and post for old times sake? Whatever grievance their was I think given today's news any pish would be water under the bridge.

Edited by Ormond

1 minute ago, Ormond said:

If you know him, ask him to come back and post for old times sake? Whatever grievance their was I think given today's news any pish would be water under the bridge.

He got his name switched to Frank Zappa i think, his username not his real name.

1 minute ago, Ormond said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he is scanning the board anyway! I will send him a message just in case he want's to give it the Lazarus treatment!

5 hours ago, Mindimoo said:

As above.

Mine was @elephant man.

He was my first tamb crush.

18 minutes ago, Ormond said:

I used to really enjoy looking at all the bonnie pics of Scotland EKCelt would post. I liked him too but he dooned his tools too soon. :(

I liked ek's pictures too. 

The main time posters pis*ed me off is when they changed their wee pictures (earlier tamb board) and I'd be totally confused reading a normally sensible posters drunken rant. I suppose it taught me to look at names. 

I'll  miss this place, who else will keep me company when it takes me 4 hours to get home from Edinburgh? I'm sure that's where my friendship with Fringo started?  That's another odd thing about the tamb, sometimes if I'm repeating something on here to someone not on here I'll say "I was talking to Fringo/Mindi/Orra" for instance  as thought I actually know these people as it's easier than explaining the tamb to people. 

8 minutes ago, andymac said:

:( Last time I buy buy you glue on a Saturday night in Glasgow,

Away you and make my fecking t-shirt. Fecking years I've been waiting! 

Are you going to Slovenia? I'm  hoping to remember it this visit? 

10 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Away you and make my fecking t-shirt. Fecking years I've been waiting! 

Are you going to Slovenia? I'm  hoping to remember it this visit? 

Having  just moved house I'm sure it will up in a box somewhere.

Had to suspend distribution when AndrieMack and TartanTeddy complained that they were made for deformed dwarves. Having seen you (near) naked, yours should fit like a glove. :spin:

I'm dead.

PS Are you a boy?

http://www.wonderslist.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Beautiful-Lady-Evangeline-Lilly-HD-Pic.jpg

http://www.wonderslist.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Beautiful-Lady-Evangeline-Lilly-HD-Pic.jpg

12 minutes ago, andymac said:

Having  just moved house I'm sure it will up in a box somewhere.

Had to suspend distribution when AndrieMack and TartanTeddy complained that they were made for deformed dwarves. Having seen you (near) naked, yours should fit like a glove. :spin:

I'm dead.

PS Are you a boy?

I was more upset when you asked that question the morning after. :blink:

Aw "near naked" memories of taps aff in a corridor. 

21 minutes ago, G-Man said:

I was more upset when you asked that question the morning after. :blink:

Aw "near naked" memories of taps aff in a corridor. 

We got our taps aff in the room just don't think either of us noticed until we got to the corridor (and stopped crying).

Sometimes a TASA visit puts the world into perspective.

31 minutes ago, andymac said:

We got our taps aff in the room just don't think either of us noticed until we got to the corridor (and stopped crying).

Sometimes a TASA visit puts the world into perspective.

"Didn't notice."??? You ran off screaming "Ahhhhhh my eyes. My eyes."  as I disrobed. :(

As to the truth, yes that  particular visit opened my eyes to events I knew about but had never really thought about. 

Too many threads! The admins should merge 'em, except they've probably already fecked off in the life-boats leaving the rest of us to drift into the rocks.

It'd be a lot quicker to name the bampot posters than all those I've really enjoyed reading over the years, but I'll try to mention a few of the many ...

It was the quality of Kernie’s & Calmac’s posts around the time I started lurking that first made me realize that there was something special about this board – I don’t think they’ve been equalled since. That was when PaulNATA appeared to be in charge of the place; he was another early favourite.

Jonny, Tartan Teddy, Charlie Endell, FE & Lamia – just always struck me that they’d be great company. Still a few favourites posting but I’ll single out PoolQ, largely because I almost always agree with what he posts and so get the comfort of confirmation bias. Weirdly, I also pretty much always agree with Parklife's posts, even though they're usually football-related and I've no idea whether he's right or not.

Always admired phart's ability to spot a logical fallacy (except for all the occasions he did it to me). I'm already regretting this as it's invidious to name some and leave so many out. Pretty much all the regulars in Anything Goes apart from a group of interchangeable, kneejerk-Nat clones have made the place what (to me) it was, and still to some extent is: a good place to spend time. I've lived on three different continents since I registered on the TAMB and it's been an enjoyable constant.

Donny - as TartanJon will testify, I'm a boring bastirt until about my tenth pint...

Always enjoyed your input, along with others past and present - Kernie, the enigma that is thplinth, AndyMac, Glasgowmancity, Barney, UddyRedz, Pistonbroke, phart, TartanTeddy, Mindi, Toepoke, winebibber :wacko:...

Edited to get round swear filter - the end is approaching FFS - loosen up and turn it off. 

Edited by Charlie Endell

1 minute ago, wanderer said:

After his stroke I believe he is now hell raising in a care home down Ayr way these days.

Yes, he is. In there for the long term, I'm afraid.

Called out to me as I was striding magnificently through Jacksonville Airport.

"John! John!"

"Oh, hi Colin. How you doin'"?

"Here", he says, handing me some dollars. "This is for the Sunshine Appeal. It's what remains of our kitty".

"Thanks very much", says I, counting it.

"There's a hundred and ten dollars here! What feckin' size was your kitty?"

"You know how it goes", he said, turning away shyly.

Some man.

Of the posters i haven't met and real life and are not still around, I think some of my favourite departed posters are the ones i used to argue with the most. 

Ek_Celt was the most infuriating guy. Was so blinkered and would never be able to see anything from a non-celtic side. Made for some fun arguments though. As said above, some of his pictures of the our country were fantastic. I'd credit his pictures for me making a conscious effort to see more of Scotland. 

TartanTeddy was similar to EK but from a Ranegrs perspective. Although he wasn't as  persistent in post volume as EK, he was equally stubborn. 

I used to really enjoy @Domhnall's posts. Always had insightful view points on football and was always good to discuss them with, whether i agreed with them or not. 

43 minutes ago, Flure said:

Yes, he is. In there for the long term, I'm afraid.

Called out to me as I was striding magnificently through Jacksonville Airport.

"John! John!"

"Oh, hi Colin. How you doin'"?

"Here", he says, handing me some dollars. "This is for the Sunshine Appeal. It's what remains of our kitty".

"Thanks very much", says I, counting it.

"There's a hundred and ten dollars here! What feckin' size was your kitty?"

"You know how it goes", he said, turning away shyly.

Some man.

Aye, he was some man. Actually sad writing that as he's still with us but he's a poor soul.

We had a few mutual friends, one being Gary Holt. I could tell you umpteen stories about him int he players lounge at Norwich, Killie and Forest fully kilted up!