Who was your favourite TAMB poster? - Page 10 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Who was your favourite TAMB poster?

50 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

JB Lyons?

I thought Donny had answered my query but I'm not sure now. I remember mash em up Harry but there's definitely a lion in the one I remember so could be JB. :blink:

16 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

The deal was you'd say you thought I was good too!! ?

The poster who had the wee dog in a brown paper bag avatar was/is a great contributor, erudite, cultured obviously well read and I suspect devastatingly handsome. B)

He also never threw names into the ring when original questioner thought she'd had puzzle solved. <_<

:D:D

18 minutes ago, G-Man said:

I thought Donny had answered my query but I'm not sure now. I remember mash em up Harry but there's definitely a lion in the one I remember so could be JB. :blink:

The poster who had the wee dog in a brown paper bag avatar was/is a great contributor, erudite, cultured obviously well read and I suspect devastatingly handsomeB)

He also never threw names into the ring when original questioner thought she'd had puzzle solved. <_<

That's very kind and flattering but I've never had an avatar like that.

:)

16 minutes ago, G-Man said:

The poster who had the wee dog in a brown paper bag avatar was/is a great contributor, erudite, cultured obviously well read and I suspect devastatingly handsome. B)

??

The cheque is in the post. 

Apologies about the lion!

3 hours ago, fringo said:

That's very kind and flattering but I've never had an avatar like that.

:lol::lol:

3 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

??

The cheque is in the post. 

Heard that one before but I'll still wait behind letterbox in hope. :Tumbleweed-2:

1 hour ago, DonnyTJS said:

j b lyons is/was a Kent-based Scot; mash it up harry was an English bloke with a cartoon lion avatar - maybe G-Man's thinking of both in a slightly mixed-up way ...

As usual you are very probably spot on Donny, I can picture the lion but I can also visualise the word Lyon. :oops:

I rarely look at avatars now as people used to change them to other peoples to either piss them off or just to confuse. Doesn't take too much to confuse me at the best of times.

On 12/09/2017 at 11:36 AM, DonnyTJS said:

Neilser too. Posters who somehow manage to post sense amidst the nonsense.

An English poster who rarely gets mentioned was City Rocker - chucked it years ago, but was funny as 

Crikey - I pay one of my infrequent visits to the TAMB to find it's closing down and then get a compliment from one of my favourite TAMB posters. I think I've got something in my eye...

Too many for me to mention them all but as well as yourself I usually enjoyed calmac man's posts, though often found myself in an argument with him. phart was always interesting (but ditto the arguments) and thplinth had a cracking turn of phrase. After I gave up drinking I strangely found myself involved in far fewer TAMB arguments though. Funny that...

kernaghan was always worth reading and Reeky Sporran and John Graham of Claverhouse were both good guys on and off the board too.

Cove Sheep was a big help to me a few years back off the board and he and parklife kept the place ticking over for a good while. Flat Earth and lamia too, both of whom I now see regularly along with Cove Sheep at running events...

Is that Fonzy on a motorbike?

On 09/09/2017 at 10:31 AM, DonnyTJS said:

It is a shock. It is a community and even when you don't like a poster's persona (and I did like Colonel, but found Norrie mighty annoying), you feel it when they die, despite (in my case) knowing them only from their posts.

Another favourite poster who I miss (I assume he's not dead) is Paddy Capri - used to make me laugh.

I remember Paddy Capri (a speccy young student at the time) and his young team being held hostage in a strip bar in Warsaw on the way to Kiev being accused of stealing a strippers purse( it was a lie) and having their passports taken off them by the police. Enter the older team led by chief negotiator Sex Pest and the passports were eventually handed back and the allegation dropped. Paddy was a good lad.