TAMB CLOSURE ANNOUNCEMENT - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

TAMB CLOSURE ANNOUNCEMENT

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Parklife said:

Yeah, it'd be interesting to find out the financial shortfall and whether there could be a way to donate to save the board. 

Likewise. If this place goes my work output will increase dramatically and that will only draw attention to how workyshy I've been for the last few years!

7 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Likewise. If this place goes my work output will increase dramatically and that will only draw attention to how workyshy I've been for the last few years!

It's possibly a sign of the TAMB times but I got a warning in my company about 6-7 years ago for having the highest internet usage out of approx 600 employees. And about 75% of the usage was TAMB. Pages and pages of TAMB URLs were put in front of me. Surprisingly I am still employed there but now I am nowhere near that level. Possibly because I browse it on my own iPad....

15 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

It's possibly a sign of the TAMB times but I got a warning in my company about 6-7 years ago for having the highest internet usage out of approx 600 employees. And about 75% of the usage was TAMB. Pages and pages of TAMB URLs were put in front of me. Surprisingly I am still employed there but now I am nowhere near that level. Possibly because I browse it on my own iPad....

I hope that stuff isn't monitored at my work or i am fecked :lol: 

I'm confused why this has gone straight to closure

No opportunity to identify cost cutting or revenue generation

I always thought the Mods were a moving sand, with new mods, and mods leaving, so not sure why decision taken by only the current mods, without opening up to wider community

I appreciate many of them, just be tired of task of modding, but would have expected just to pass the batton

I thought the prior monthly costs were GBP100 when discussing that people should be careful on what saying, because would impact advertising opportunities 

I'm normally on here around 3 times a day, and use as my news channel since i am abroad 

21 minutes ago, euan2020 said:

I always thought the Mods were a moving sand, with new mods, and mods leaving, so not sure why decision taken by only the current mods, without opening up to wider community

I appreciate many of them, just be tired of task of modding, but would have expected just to pass the batton

I thought the prior monthly costs were GBP100 when discussing that people should be careful on what saying, because would impact advertising opportunities 

I'm normally on here around 3 times a day, and use as my news channel since i am abroad 

Yeah. Seems bizarre that the moderators/owners won't even have a discussion on this or talk about ways to avoid the board closing. I'm sure there's folk who'd be willing to try and help out in order to keep the board going. 

Appears to very much be a "it's my baw and i'm going home" attitude that's being taken. 

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Yeah. Seems bizarre that the moderators/owners won't even have a discussion on this or talk about ways to avoid the board closing. I'm sure there's folk who'd be willing to try and help out in order to keep the board going. 

Appears to very much be a "it's my baw and i'm going home" attitude that's being taken. 

Which is why the scenario of them calling our bluff seems not too daft. To give us the boot up the Erchie that dormant posters need.

Edited by Ormond

sad that so many regular posters gave up the ghost.  many reasons for it but it's the regs that keep the forum lively.

first browsed more than then years ago.  shows how time flies.

It's surely not beyond the wit of man to save the board.  how much does it really cost to fund a fairly basic site.  need to know revenue too.

#savethetamb

Like others, I would be more than happy to pay a small monthly contribution to help the running costs.

Every other message board or forum I've known that's moved onto social media has collapsed due to it becoming fragmented and rival sites being set up.  Just look at the mess that is the 50 different Tartan Army facebook pages, with new ones being set up all the time whenever anybody falls out with somebody. 

This is the original, and we should do all we can to save it.

Edited by Shotts56

1 hour ago, euan2020 said:

Not really one for conspiracies, but...

Cui bono?

Is there a 'group' anywhere in Scottish Football that hates the Tartan Army and/or would benefit from not having their 'skeletons' constantly dragged into the daylight?

11 minutes ago, Shotts56 said:

Every other message board or forum I've known that's moved onto social media has collapsed due to it becoming fragmented and rival sites being set up.  Just look at the mess that is the 50 different Tartan Army facebook pages, with new ones being set up all the time whenever anybody falls out with somebody. 

This is the original, and we should do all we can to save it.

I don't mind the TAMB FB pages but I rarely pay them any serious attention. They just aren't set up to benefit someone who wants to pop by a couple of times a day or even a couple of times a week, read some (non TA, English Premier League ideally) football chat, discuss GoT, music/gigs/films or whats happening in the news. In fact I probably use the non-TA parts of this board more so than I use the TA bits, unless going to an away game then I will have a browse round the away forum for any info. The national team forums are usually the last ones I visit.

Just now, Dalgety Bay TA said:

I probably use the non-TA parts of this board more so than I use the TA bits, unless going to an away game then I will have a browse round the away forum for any info. The national team forums are usually the last ones I visit.

Same here, but they are by far the most important.  Yeah a lot of good info can come from the "Other Stuff" part of the board but the best purpose for the board for me is the away info :ok:

16 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Not really one for conspiracies, but...

Cui bono?

Is there a 'group' anywhere in Scottish Football that hates the Tartan Army and/or would benefit from not having their 'skeletons' constantly dragged into the daylight?

Scotty, I like you on here and I don't like those cvnts either but... :lol: