Tambs for the memories - Page 19 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tambs for the memories

15 hours ago, gkm_vancouver said:

Thankfully the same shite being argued by the same bawbags over and over is largely restricted to Football Related so a smidgen of enjoyment can still be obtained. Its a pity it took until last year to make the finals of a tournament - assuming we're not counting the Under 20s debacle in Canada in 2007 - in the 19 years since I've been on the board as it would have been good to see what more of the old posters on. 

This board Needs Tunes has definitely kept me interested and the renewed optimism on recent form in potentially making the second round of a tourney. Would be nice to have a Jimbers character again as he brought a smile to the face on a few occasions

The same shite being argued happens more in this forum nowadays. Take a look at the Ukraine and indy threads for proof.

On 5/2/2022 at 5:40 PM, TDYER63 said:

Its become too serious, used to have a good mix of serious and funny threads but the humour is few and far between these days. Hopefully though, as GKM says, potential WC qualification will throw it a lifeline. 
And for someone who uses no other social media it really kept my sanity during covid,  so thanks everyone for that. 

Yeah we need ScottieBigDog back - thankfully I am friends of his on FB so still getting laughs there., 🤗

18 hours ago, Lamia said:

Yeah we need ScottieBigDog back - thankfully I am friends of his on FB so still getting laughs there., 🤗

I dont know him. Apparently I joined here just as it went downhill…..

Please dont force me onto Facebook 😁

Funnily enough the other day I was bored and played TAMB bingo , I chose page 86 and low and behold the first  thread on the page from 2015 was about the demise of the TAMB and how it had outlived its purpose. Some folk saying there were always threads about it closing and it was still going. Here we are , 7 years later,  on thread number 25778 about its demise . It would seem harder to get rid of than Boris Johnson 😁

I have no idea how they make it work financially (the TAMB) given the paucity of posts on here these days. If the number of posts is a function of the number of people visiting the TAMB than traffic must be a small fraction of what it was in its heyday. I think someone is kindly just funding it themselves for whatever reasons.

I must admit I like the current laissez faire TAMB. If only it was busier. I miss all the random funny shit like the mashed-up-egg-in-a-cup thread and the running controversy over the ginger burd in Girls Aloud.

Outside of Scotland game windows and tournaments it feels like there are about a couple of dozen posters on here now. 

I wonder if all the regulars stopped posting would a bunch of new shoots posters appear or it would just be hardly no one posting. 😉 I suspect the former.