Tambs for the memories - Page 7 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tambs for the memories

3 minutes ago, Flat Earth said:

Math is a creeping americanism. It was always mathS, as in mathematicS. But why isn't it arithmeticS??? This bugs me. They can't both be right, but I'm not changing now...

cos ye dinnae say "arithemicsately" unless ye've goat a lisp.

don't see why it bug you

19 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Can't let you go without asking what your current avatar is? Used to think it was a guy's face in the smoke but I see it's some robot thing...

No idea was in a hotel room in Germany and 'flicking' through the channels and that German music video appears so had to take a picture. 

Robot, smoke, German guy in leather, silver glove, big curly hair, moustache.

Perfect stuff. 

11 minutes ago, johnnie x said:

No idea was in a hotel room in Germany and 'flicking' through the channels and that German music video appears so had to take a picture. 

Robot, smoke, German guy in leather, silver glove, big curly hair, moustache.

Perfect stuff. 

Suitably random, cheers :ok:

The TAMB being a place (without fear of prejudice, scoffing or mocking) where posters like Hawkeye Ranoo, myself, Johnny Ham, and Padre Andrew could proclaim that Jesus Christ was their Lord and Saviour.

Jude.21 getting saved was of course my all time highlight. :) 

3 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

The TAMB being a place (without fear of prejudice, scoffing or mocking) where posters like Hawkeye Ranoo, myself, Johnny Ham, and Padre Andrew could proclaim that Jesus Christ was their Lord and Saviour.

Jude.21 getting saved was of course my all time highlight. :) 

Still convinced that Jude wasn't Jude in the end.... 

8 minutes ago, iainmac1 said:

There was a wee phase around 2002ish where people used to wear those daft TAMB t-shirts with their usernames. Pandora used to be full of them at that time. What a bunch of rockets.

Who here will admit to wearing one??

Moi. Still have the original and 1-2 later versions. :P

12 minutes ago, iainmac1 said:

There was a wee phase around 2002ish where people used to wear those daft TAMB t-shirts with their usernames. Pandora used to be full of them at that time. What a bunch of rockets.

Those t-shirts raised a load of money and did a lot of good but if it makes you feel superior to mock, crack on....

18 minutes ago, iainmac1 said:

Wisnae me. I wasn't around at that time.

22 minutes ago, iainmac1 said:

Hahaha. 

I used to run in mines around a park in Sydney and could swear there must've been a Scottish guy I passed all the time because he'd usually snigger when I went past him. 

7 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

When I saw that post in the preview thingy, I thought you were replying to my derekinjapan comment.:lol:

He was some boy. Him and PGB used to have some real arguments on Facebook! 

I'm sure he's an alright guy but he used to get steaming and want to fight folk and threaten them on Facebook. He done it to me before. Aye, no bother, you're hard as feck when you're 6000 miles away :lol: 

1 hour ago, iainmac1 said:

I'm sure I had one but definitely had a hoody with my tamb name on front and BMFCTA on the back. Still wear it, after a swim as it's fleecy lined. Never wanted to fight anyone over a message board so I like the names on tops. 

22 minutes ago, G-Man said:

I'm sure I had one but definitely had a hoody with my tamb name on front and BMFCTA on the back. Still wear it, after a swim as it's fleecy lined. Never wanted to fight anyone over a message board so I like the names on tops. 

I remember seeing a guy at a home game with a Scotland top on and GMan on the back (I recognised him from work too).  For ages after that I associated your posts with him before I found out you were a female.  Always thought he had really got in touch with his feminine side!

4 minutes ago, Mindimoo said:

I remember seeing a guy at a home game with a Scotland top on and GMan on the back (I recognised him from work too).  For ages after that I associated your posts with him before I found out you were a female.  Always thought he had really got in touch with his feminine side!

Maybe it was before he had the op?

1 hour ago, andymac said:

Maybe it was before he had the op?

Say what you want but those Tijuanan doctors may be cheap but what a job. 

Well, apart from the Adam's apple, voice and hairy back. :yikes3:

16 minutes ago, Mindimoo said:

Not at all, the guy was about 6ft 2!

A tall female impersonator? :wtf:Where's Calmac, someone tell him there's another case to solve. 

4 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

The one I had must have been around 2010

Yeah - I organised a couple of the later batches. They were a very good money earner for TASA. I've still got a couple.

There was another Tshirt done around 2003 that resulted in me joining the TAMB....had a good phrase on it which I can't remember now but I asked someone in Amsterdam where he got it from and he told me to check out the Tartan Army Message Board.  I joined around the time of the Wales game in Feb/March 2004.

Anyone still got a Magoo'd tshirt? They're probably collectable now.

"Yabba dabba doo, we're all here to get Magoo'd."

So many dead TAMBers... Jeezo.