Jump to content
Tartan Army Message Board

Recommended Posts

It was always going to happen when brilliant posters like myself & Andreimack stopped winding folk up.

TBH I chucked it because the place was full of s arguing about the same shite over and over and over.

 

I'd like to think I contributed to the Tamb during its heyday before the s took over.

I'm glad to say I've met some great people that I can call friends and some other s too!!!

The good times outweighed the bad times but after all these years I never did get to see Tartan Teddy's winky.

Use this Fred to post your Tamb memories and try and keep it lighthearted ffs so the board can go out with some dignity.

Peace out troops

 

 

PS

 

I was Mod11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, TartanJon said:

It was always going to happen when brilliant posters like myself & Andreimack stopped winding folk up.

TBH I chucked it because the place was full of s arguing about the same shite over and over and over.

 

I'd like to think I contributed to the Tamb during its heyday before the s took over.

I'm glad to say I've met some great people that I can call friends and some other s too!!!

The good times outweighed the bad times but after all these years I never did get to see Tartan Teddy's winky.

Use this Fred to post your Tamb memories and try and keep it lighthearted ffs so the board can go out with some dignity.

Peace out troops

 

 

PS

 

I was Mod11

Ahem :huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah i got told you were mod11 mindimoo. In fact the amount of unsolicited PM's i got about mods and other stuff was always interesting.

Edited by phart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, phart said:

Yeah i got told you were mod11 mindimoo. In fact the amount of unsolicited PM's i got about mods and other stuff was always interesting.

:ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, phart said:

Yeah i got told you were mod11 mindimoo. In fact the amount of unsolicited PM's i got about mods and other stuff was always interesting.

Time to release them I think phart - 20 a day till the 31st might just about do it I'd imagine :lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Glasgowmancity said:

Time to release them I think phart - 20 a day till the 31st might just about do it I'd imagine :lol:

 

I've long deleted them all or i would have no room in the my inbox. I'll go trawl my inbox see if i have any old ones.

EDIT: I've got one from Ormond in 2015 asking about identities of the mods in response to something i said in a thread. :)

Edited by phart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going down the memories route, it would have to be the bus to Lichtenstein arranged through here, the one TAMB night out I managed to make it to, but mainly the many people I've met through here that I now consider friends.

In Lithuania last week in our group all bar 2 had been posters on the TAMB at somepoint (the 2 that hadn't, their partners had) and the bus we got was arranged through here.

As for posters (excluding personal friends)/threads etc - i would have to say the Kraiegh, Wembley, Bus station, knuckles & Darius were all classics. 

Posters wise, calmac, phart, colonel, charlie endell were all people you could get a decent conversation/debate with without it falling into a slagging match - even after the referendum.

Edited by Glasgowmancity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, phart said:

I've long deleted them all or i would have no room in the my inbox. I'll go trawl my inbox see if i have any old ones.

EDIT: I've got one from Ormond in 2015 asking about identities of the mods in response to something i said in a thread. :)

I remember that. You never gave a name but you did give a damning clue. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go for it, we're in the truth and reconciliation stage :D I don't mind folk sharing any stories they have of me as long as they're true :)

If i recall i never gave a name cause i couldn't be certain if they were still a mod. It was when Scunnered was going full "anti-snp" and i felt posters were using their mod powers to debate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hawkeyes thread asking people to vote for his, maybe his pals daughter in some competition was funny as fck. She would get pumped was so incredibly obvious, the poor wee man couldn't handle it.

Reekys massive huff was very funny. Mr Scotland just waddled off into the sunset. 

Jimbers in every detail was a walking cliche. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kumnio said:

Hawkeyes thread asking people to vote for his, maybe his pals daughter in some competition was funny as fck. She would get pumped was so incredibly obvious, the poor wee man couldn't handle it.

Reekys massive huff was very funny. Mr Scotland just waddled off into the sunset. 

Jimbers in every detail was a walking cliche. 

 

Sorry forgot to add you into my list of favourite posters Kev :ok:

Another one you can have a conversation with :ok:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Hawkeyes thread asking people to vote for his, maybe his pals daughter in some competition was funny as fck. She would get pumped was so incredibly obvious, the poor wee man couldn't handle it.

Reekys massive huff was very funny. Mr Scotland just waddled off into the sunset. 

Jimbers in every detail was a walking cliche. 

 

Much like everyone knows phart and thplinth are the same person, I always assumed Jimber and Faddy & Fletch were the same. Both English Scotland fans living in England and Tims. Never see either of them about here any more, they probably left at the same time too....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Much like everyone knows phart and thplinth are the same person, I always assumed Jimber and Faddy & Fletch were the same. Both English Scotland fans living in England and Tims. Never see either of them about here any more, they probably left at the same time too....

Faddy & Fletch is still a regular under his married name ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, biffer said:

Who's going to be going all out to get themselves banned before the end then?

Did you call my pint a poof???

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, phart said:

Parkie got a 3/7 day ban for calling him Mr Scotland.

:lol: 

I'd forgotten about that. Happy times! 

9 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Much like everyone knows phart and thplinth are the same person, I always assumed Jimber and Faddy & Fletch were the same. Both English Scotland fans living in England and Tims. Never see either of them about here any more, they probably left at the same time too....

Isn't Faddy & Fletch @PASTA Mick? Doesn't post much anymore, mind you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×