Gazzeta Football Italia - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Gazzeta Football Italia

Apparently aired for the first time today 25 years ago! ?

I used to love that show, particularly James Richardson's little insights from a pavement cafe whilst sipping an espresso. They don't make them like that anymore......it's all tidy birds and fancy graphics ?

3 minutes ago, slasher said:

Apparently aired for the first time today 25 years ago! ?

I used to love that show, particularly James Richardson's little insights from a pavement cafe whilst sipping an espresso. They don't make them like that anymore......it's all tidy birds and fancy graphics ?

http://thesefootballtimes.co/2016/09/19/the-lob-the-football-italia-years/

richardson is still around

https://www.thetotallyfootballshow.com/listen/

Loved that back in the day, as it was probably one of the first dedicated foreign football shows on UK tv  :ok:

Plus the format was more 90's lad's tv-ish, which made it refreshing to watch.

After Channel 4 lost the rights didn't it move to Bravo or Challenge TV on sky and was just not the same?

32 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Loved that back in the day, as it was probably one of the first dedicated foreign football shows on UK tv  :ok:

Plus the format was more 90's lad's tv-ish, which made it refreshing to watch.

After Channel 4 lost the rights didn't it move to Bravo or Challenge TV on sky and was just not the same?

Yeah, I never caught it after it moved and isn't that just the way of things when someone else gets their hands on something good.....they ruin it.

As Jersey Jim says Serie A was the place to be back then. The 3 way battle in 1990 between Sampdoria, Inter and Milan was epic stuff that made Gazzeta must see TV. It culminated in an amazing game at the San Siro where Inter pounded Sampdoria but somehow lost 2-0 to hand the underdogs the Scudetto! ?

Edited by slasher

1 minute ago, slasher said:

Yeah, I never caught it after it moved and isn't that just the way of things when someone else gets their hands on something good.....they ruin it.

Yeah, did they not stick Ron Atkinson on it or something after he was sacked by ITV? As you said, took a good format and just ruined it as it was more studio based than on location which Channel 4 did.

When we played Italy in Milan years ago just could not fight the urge to grab a outside table at a cafe on the Duomo Square, order a espresso and just sit back flicking through a copy of gazzetta dello sport :lol:

2 minutes ago, Donaldo87 said:

Wondered what he was doing after leaving the guardian podcast.

Will check it out. 

It's been better than the Guardian one this far. Mainly due to the absence of the ignorant oaf Barry Glendenning. 

1 hour ago, dan cake said:

Iconic, but not goal lazio as many think

Portuguese commentary of a portugueser scoring in seria A

Does it not translate as "Christ/God, what an amazing goal?" or along those lines.....recall James Richardson explaining it years ago in a interview.

1 hour ago, dan cake said:

Iconic, but not goal lazio as many think

Portuguese commentary of a portugueser scoring in seria A

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

For years and years growing up i thought that said "GGooooooooaallll Laaaazioooooooo" 

:oops: 

I think it was designed to be taken both ways with the whole Gazza at Lazio thing.

Some trivia, the first live game on Channel4 was Australia v Scotland in 1985!

On 07/09/2017 at 11:37 AM, Parklife said:

It's been better than the Guardian one this far. Mainly due to the absence of the ignorant oaf Barry Glendenning. 

New pod is good aye and although I'm not a huge fan of Rushden he seems to have done a decent job at replacing Richardson. I like Glendenning, although I can understand why people find him annoying.