Murrayfield - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Murrayfield

9 hours ago, Pool Q said:

Further to discussions on this earlier, Rangers to be offered the same deal as Aberdeen. Batches of tickets of 4,500 up to maximum of 14,500. Beyond that would impact on security and segregation. It would be 'commercial suicide' not to offer them as many tickets as we can. 

Anything on the rumours that Hearts are going to be there till end of Jan?  They could clean up for the Edinburgh Derby on 27th Dec.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Pool Q said:

Further to discussions on this earlier, Rangers to be offered the same deal as Aberdeen. Batches of tickets of 4,500 up to maximum of 14,500. Beyond that would impact on security and segregation. It would be 'commercial suicide' not to offer them as many tickets as we can. 

I think we would be able to sell a lot more for this. We have over 9000 people signed up for the away scheme, roughly around 2k will miss out on this game if we keep with our usual split of tickets between CCCS members and supporters clubs, but I imagine that this may be adjusted as I don't think staff/players will need the 20% they are usually given.

14 minutes ago, captain said:

Not sure where this rumour came from but no chance

It's came from blowhard ITK'rs on Fibs.net who know hee-haw

The stand will be ready for use by fans on matchdays assuming seats have been ordered and arrived. The confusion is that the interiors such as hospitality and permanent changing rooms etc won't be ready until January which has been the case for months, if it was not always the case

Off course, try posting that on NorthKorea.Clique and see how long you last before the Kim Jong Un censorship junkies get in their high horse

Edited by DoonTheSlope

2 hours ago, giblet said:

Anything on the rumours that Hearts are going to be there till end of Jan?  They could clean up for the Edinburgh Derby on 27th Dec.

No. The target remains 5th November, although that might go back by one or two weeks apparently. The roof will be finished this weekend/early next week and all of the seats will have been delivered within the same timescale. Take a month or two longer to finish the hospitality suites etc.

1 hour ago, theweestevie said:

I think we would be able to sell a lot more for this. We have over 9000 people signed up for the away scheme, roughly around 2k will miss out on this game if we keep with our usual split of tickets between CCCS members and supporters clubs, but I imagine that this may be adjusted as I don't think staff/players will need the 20% they are usually given.

No idea, but due to segregation and security will be capped at 14,500. I'd always give the OF the minimum permitted by the league rules, but then I don't have to worry about the club's finances like Budge and co.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

The building of this stand really has been shambles. 

Half the league playing at murrayfield. Other half not. 

Absolutely no chance it wss ever meeting original deadlines. Just convenient excuses ever since. 

Toepoke had said in the match thread Killie are now away 5 on the bounce, in part down to switching the tie with hearts at the start of the season, which could yet prove pointless...

I had said further back, I don't completely buy the missing seats being the reason it wasn't ready, it didn't look built, let alone ready to host a match. I get they are going to part open it while they do the insides, but still looks way off completion.

Given football fans can't be trusted to get to and from games if there's a bit of ice on the roads. Not sure how we can be expected to attend a match in a building site safely....

5 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Murrayfield is awful for football and concerts, especially behind the goals. 

No being a rugby man I can't comment on how good it is in that capacity. Maybe the Lachlan's or Findlay's of the board could enlighten us

I've been to the rugby and it was good. Different atmosphere to football though. Not as passionate. Didn't bother me, as I didn't really give a shit who won, as long as folk kept handing me plastic cups of beer.

:ok:

On 29/09/2017 at 11:51 AM, DoonTheSlope said:

It's came from blowhard ITK'rs on Fibs.net who know hee-haw

The stand will be ready for use by fans on matchdays assuming seats have been ordered and arrived. The confusion is that the interiors such as hospitality and permanent changing rooms etc won't be ready until January which has been the case for months, if it was not always the case

Off course, try posting that on NorthKorea.Clique and see how long you last before the Kim Jong Un censorship junkies get in their high horse

:lol: your not happy with Hibs.net then? 

Guest BlueGaz
17 hours ago, EddardStark said:

I hear we are getting 14000 tickets. All I want is 2 of them ;)

There should be 2 or 3k go on sale to ST holders if we are getting that much.

1 hour ago, giblet said:

:lol: your not happy with Hibs.net then? 

I heard the other day there is a thread on the new stand at Tynecastle on Hibs.Net that is 100+ pages. Is that true? 

There have been problems wth the new stand, and certainly too many unrealistic deadlines (for which Budge is totally unapologetic incidentally). People can believe the seats thing or not as they see fit. It happens to be true, but in the grand scheme of things doesn't matter a damn either way. The new stand will open in a month or so,  and be finished a month or so after that. Funding is in place for it including a £2m loan facility available at a good rate, although that probably won't need to be used now.

Murrayfield isn't ideal (although the view is better than from plenty bits of Hampden), and it has been a disjointed start to the season. On the other hand the club will make a better profit from the Aberdeen and Rangers games than they would have from equivalent games at the 'old' Tynecastle (though not the St Johnstone one).    A few games there is a minor inconvenience to me if we ge a new stand to replace the ramshackle old one. 

All about opinions, but when you consider where we were a few years ago I think it is a minor miracle that we will shortly be playing games at Tynecastle with a brand new stand and a capacity of just over 20,000. Would be good to have a half decent side too obviously.

Guest BlueGaz

Don't know what all the hoo ha is about. A large construction project that goes over its time limits.  Is that not fairly par for the course?  Bridge, trams ..... I like the novelty of Murrayfield.  Something I didn't think I would ever experience for football, and quite looking forward to it.  

2 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

Don't know what all the hoo ha is about. A large construction project that goes over its time limits.  Is that not fairly par for the course?  Bridge, trams ..... I like the novelty of Murrayfield.  Something I didn't think I would ever experience for football, and quite looking forward to it.  

agreed gaz. and if you get a big away support at murrayfield - no reason the atmosphere cant be good.

23 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Murrayfield is awful for football and concerts, especially behind the goals. 

No being a rugby man I can't comment on how good it is in that capacity. Maybe the Lachlan's or Findlay's of the board could enlighten us

how about the Sheds? its great when its a full crowd and the games are exciting. like any big stadium can be a bit flat when the games quiet. I would think if it was a full house with football supporters it could be tremendous. however facilities wise its on a different level compared to Hampden thats for sure.

6 hours ago, Pool Q said:

I heard the other day there is a thread on the new stand at Tynecastle on Hibs.Net that is 100+ pages. Is that true? 

There have been problems wth the new stand, and certainly too many unrealistic deadlines (for which Budge is totally unapologetic incidentally). People can believe the seats thing or not as they see fit. It happens to be true, but in the grand scheme of things doesn't matter a damn either way. The new stand will open in a month or so,  and be finished a month or so after that. Funding is in place for it including a £2m loan facility available at a good rate, although that probably won't need to be used now.

Murrayfield isn't ideal (although the view is better than from plenty bits of Hampden), and it has been a disjointed start to the season. On the other hand the club will make a better profit from the Aberdeen and Rangers games than they would have from equivalent games at the 'old' Tynecastle (though not the St Johnstone one).    A few games there is a minor inconvenience to me if we ge a new stand to replace the ramshackle old one. 

All about opinions, but when you consider where we were a few years ago I think it is a minor miracle that we will shortly be playing games at Tynecastle with a brand new stand and a capacity of just over 20,000. Would be good to have a half decent side too obviously.

there is a thread like that.  I think when there was a lot of fanfare at start that you would have some kind of glass wall and then the expected pish (because we would do the same) about being the premier football arena in the Capital was enough to get some of the numpties watching for problems.   It does look a bit underwhelming from the outside to what it was supposed to be but it should make a great enclosed look inside.

Agree its a great milestone to get it all completed, if it takes a few more months, then so be it.  Personally, I would love there to be an Edinburgh Derby at Murrayfield on the 27th Dec, its the only way I'll get a ticket! 

15 hours ago, giblet said:

there is a thread like that.  I think when there was a lot of fanfare at start that you would have some kind of glass wall and then the expected pish (because we would do the same) about being the premier football arena in the Capital was enough to get some of the numpties watching for problems.   It does look a bit underwhelming from the outside to what it was supposed to be but it should make a great enclosed look inside.

Agree its a great milestone to get it all completed, if it takes a few more months, then so be it.  Personally, I would love there to be an Edinburgh Derby at Murrayfield on the 27th Dec, its the only way I'll get a ticket! 

At a function I was at recently Budge was asked what the capacity of the new ground would be. She mumbled something about not being able to remember exactly, it would be a bit over 20,000, she would have to check the precise number. To which my response was 'Aye, right!', it's clearly somewhere between 20,000 and 20,420. Such things matter to some. It does sound as though the hospitality facilities will be a massive improvement (not difficult), and it will have some atmosphere too when full I suspect. Being shiny when it is finished is a nice to have, but not that important in the grand scheme of things.