Murrayfield - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Murrayfield

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Redz said:

Correct, based on what the home fans are charged in the same stand.

Assuming Hearts are a Cat A game for us, we'll be charging them £28 on that basis too.

Mental.

Yup, I assume Aberdeen fans that are annoyed at paying £28 at Murrayfield have taken it up with their own club regarding their pricing policy.

12 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Yup, I assume Aberdeen fans that are annoyed at paying £28 at Murrayfield have taken it up with their own club regarding their pricing policy.

I don't agree with that level of pricing and i never buy tickets that expensive for Pittodrie. 

46 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I doubt it.

TBH, I didn't realise myself until your comment prompted me to check.

I'm doing a day trip from Norwich on Saturday on the grounds of our 100% start / Novelty venue. 

However, I can absolutely see why others are just saying f u c k i t though.

Like I said, it's mental!

33 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I don't agree with that level of pricing and i never buy tickets that expensive for Pittodrie. 

How do you get in then - ST / Comps - Or do you chose to sit in the Paddock?

http://www.afc.co.uk/tickets/info.php

It's a 20-25 minute walk from the city centre to Murrayfield. In about 40 years of going to games at Murrayfield I don't think I've ever done anything other than walk it, there and back. I think we are just going to head for our usual pub in Gorgie pre match, then into town afterwards.The Roseburn is a good pub, Murrayfield Bar, Murray-field House Hotel and Hampton Hotel all OK. They'll be mobbed if the crowd is anything like some are predicting. 

6 hours ago, Redz said:

I doubt it.

TBH, I didn't realise myself until your comment prompted me to check.

I'm doing a day trip from Norwich on Saturday on the grounds of our 100% start / Novelty venue.

However, I can absolutely see why others are just saying f u c k i t though.

Like I said, it's mental!

How do you get in then - ST / Comps - Or do you chose to sit in the Paddock?

http://www.afc.co.uk/tickets/info.php

5 hours ago, Parklife said:

Yeah, i normally sit behind the goal.

9 hours ago, JasMc1973 said:

no want to stir it but I'm only paying £20 for the hearts end, mini season ticket including saintees and huns games - avg £20..

£20 per game is far more reflective and sensible. (Regardless of how that amount was reached)

A parent taking 2 kids is £19 better off. Double that (Potentially) to get them there and feed them. No wonder the place will be half full.

IMO - They've missed an opportunity to get a considerable amount more through the gate whilst returning similar revenues.

FWIW, £28 for the same game at AB24 is ridiculous too.

11 hours ago, Exglasgowasc said:

Stuff that i'm not paying that money to farts. I've got a comp Redz. The SLO was astonished to see me in the players lounge at the Dundee game Redz. She nearly fell over.

Ha, I had a similar experience at Killie gamed with player comps for away, used to have to use a fake name as MJ hated me!

10 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Was Tynecastle originally supposed to be ready for this game before they forgot to order the seats?

I saw pics of the stand yesterday, and it was quite a bit more than a few thousand plastic seats short of ready.

:shocked:

After the seat fiasco the order of work was changed so a lot more work could be carried out on the internals of the stand plus the landscaping in front of the stand. Original plan was the stand would have been a shell.

6 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Who did?

We were told we would get a maximum of 10k, I've never seen anyone say that?

I may be mistaken though, can you provide a link with said claim?

Just take a look back...one of your lot claiming you'd take 10k. Fair difference is 3k. Still a good following, hopefully I'll not run into any of you, think I'll head to the other end of town before my match in town.

30 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Just take a look back...one of your lot claiming you'd take 10k. Fair difference is 3k. Still a good following, hopefully I'll not run into any of you, think I'll head to the other end of town before my match in town.

But that's not what you said was it?