Only 2 games left for us... - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Only 2 games left for us...

bonny78

45 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I seem to remember us drawing 1-1 with Gibraltar after about 30 minutes, or was that just a bad dream?

It was reality all right. I distinctly remember thinking, what pleasure in this? When every game seemed to be a "must win" and even the least fancied opposition seemed a trial (in this case I think we were gifting them one of their first signficant goals, though it was a good goal!)

i think we have struggled against the smaller teams as we haven't had the pace, creativity or ability to unlock teams that sit back and put 10 men behind the ball which Malta may well do

However i think were in a stronger position to break these teams down as we have 2 very good full backs that can get up and put a good ball in and open the pitch up

We also have good creativity in the 3 behind the striker and in armstrong someone willing to run beyond the striker 

We also have a good striker in Griff

All that being said we should be able to beat Malta and hopefully comfortably with no yellows or injuries at the same time 

16 hours ago, Orraloon said:

2 goals in 14 games.

The 14 games but is a bit misleading as he has played 14 full games in fact quite a few of those have been the last 10 mins. 

Also the work he does off the ball is invaluable, his support play, his corners have been pretty handy in teh last couple of games. I appreciate he's not Ronaldo but he's the best we have had in a while i would argue 

I remember Griffiths started against Belgium at Hampden a few years back and worrying that he was never going to be quite good enough at international level. Obviously, the Belgians have imposing, very physical and good defenders, but he was like a lost wee boy in comparison.

However, he has improved a lot, now has more experience of big matches and his pace, movement and link up play is a danger to the opposition. Hopefully, he'll go on to score a shed load of goals for us. I don't like a striker taking corners, generally, but you can't complain with his delivery in the last two games!