• Announcements

• TAMB1

PLEASE READ: TAMB is not closing!   10/12/2017

Just to provide an update on the future of the Tartan Army Message Board. To be clear the board will not be closing and instead will be staying open and will hopefully go from strength to strength. Who Are We? We are a group of Scotland supporters who have varied skills and expertise, along with experience of  being involved in football and running football message boards. When we heard the TAMB faced closure, we contacted the old team with a detailed plan which involved financing and running the board. After speaking to the old team on a number of occasions they have allowed us to put our plan into action. While speaking to them and going on their experience and that of those before them, we have elected to keep our identity private, however rest assured we have the best intentions for the board and those on it. Our Plans. Our plan will involve a number of stages which we hope will not only keep the board going but help improve and rejuvenate it. Our first step will be to do a bit of a clean-up of the board. This will involve some downtime for a few hours where posting will be disabled. We plan to do this early next week, a full notice will be posted on the board then. Once that is completed we will be upgrading the current board platform, both behind the scenes and hopefully aesthetically too. There will be an ongoing process of board improvements which we hope you, the user will help us with, so you have a board you will enjoy We thank the old board team for all their hard work, dedication and their help during this handover and hope you will all help support our plans going forward.
Sign in to follow this  
stocky

Play Off Dates

I dont want to get ahead of myself here, but i am....

Any idea when the play offs are?

1st legs 9th-11th Nov 2nd legs 12th -14th. That's as accurate as it will get until the actual draw is made after the qualifying campaign ends in October.

9 hours ago, northernscum said:

1st legs 9th-11th Nov 2nd legs 12th -14th. That's as accurate as it will get until the actual draw is made after the qualifying campaign ends in October.

Thanx for that.  IYO will we ( if we make it) be home or away first?  

Well if we make it we won't be seeded, and I assume the seeded teams will get to play their away leg first, so we would be at Hampden for the 1st leg. That's just a guess though!

On 9/2/2017 at 10:39 PM, northernscum said:

Well if we make it we won't be seeded, and I assume the seeded teams will get to play their away leg first, so we would be at Hampden for the 1st leg. That's just a guess though!

For the 2014 playoffs the seeded teams were at home first.

1 hour ago, captain said:

It is just a straight draw between seeds and non-seeds, neither guaranteed to be home or away first.

Fifa? UEFA? Straight draw? :huh: Aye, right.

This is the moment where the week of football gets really annoying for me.

If we knew well in advance like the old days when it was Saturday and Wednesday we would have at least booked the Wednesday off at the start of the year in case it was the home game. Only wasting a days holiday which you might not need off in the end isn't a big deal.

To do that now I'd have to book 4 days in case the home game was a Thursday, Friday, Monday or Tuesday. None of us thought it was worth wasting 4 days holidays in advance for it.

I've now had to book time off work already to guarantee it and luckily have enough holidays to book Wednesday - Wednesday to try and accommodate flying out the day before an away game and the day after.

2 of the group are stuck as they can't get the Thursday or Friday off work so are hoping for a Saturday home and Tuesday Away fixtures.

1 other person only has 2 days to play with so it hoping no one books days off between now and then on the playoff dates so he can get the home game off or if lucky with the days get the home and away game.

51 minutes ago, drew said:

This is the moment where the week of football gets really annoying for me.

If we knew well in advance like the old days when it was Saturday and Wednesday we would have at least booked the Wednesday off at the start of the year in case it was the home game. Only wasting a days holiday which you might not need off in the end isn't a big deal.

To do that now I'd have to book 4 days in case the home game was a Thursday, Friday, Monday or Tuesday. None of us thought it was worth wasting 4 days holidays in advance for it.

I've now had to book time off work already to guarantee it and luckily have enough holidays to book Wednesday - Wednesday to try and accommodate flying out the day before an away game and the day after.

2 of the group are stuck as they can't get the Thursday or Friday off work so are hoping for a Saturday home and Tuesday Away fixtures.

1 other person only has 2 days to play with so it hoping no one books days off between now and then on the playoff dates so he can get the home game off or if lucky with the days get the home and away game.

I think you might be putting too much thought into this.

4 hours ago, tattiescone69 said:

Hard to do until we know which teams are looking for a november friendly 

Scotland will be.

Along with Andorra, Gibraltar and the Faroe Islands.

See Ireland and N Ireland non seeds for tomorrows draw. Guaranteed Ireland will get Denmark though giveing them a wee chance. However realisticly i Think its TATTIES for them both.

Edited by Doric

56 minutes ago, Doric said:

See Ireland and N Ireland non seeds for tomorrows draw. Guaranteed Ireland will get Denmark though giveing them a wee chance. However realisticly i Think its TATTIES for them both.

That'll mean it'll be an media overkill on England till the summer. :cry: