Levein back, sad day for football - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Levein back, sad day for football

Sad day for football wi Levein back in management, Jambo's be reverting to thugs on the park like they were

when he was boss there last time. Still nae forgiven the arrogant s***e for his game of shame in Prague.

Your mistaken, nae forwards in that game & barely went across the half way line. He was still maintaining his tactics were right 3 years later ffs.

His Hearts team was one of the most brutal i've ever seen, as I said just an arrogant s***e.

He appointed then sacked 2 managers at Hearts even tho he was the one picking the team !!! Not his fault.

2 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

Your mistaken, nae forwards in that game & barely went across the half way line. He was still maintaining his tactics were right 3 years later ffs.

His Hearts team was one of the most brutal i've ever seen, as I said just an arrogant s***e.

He appointed then sacked 2 managers at Hearts even tho he was the one picking the team !!! Not his fault.

What a load of drivel 

I would love to know who the second manager he sacked was.

25 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

How about Robbie Neilson & Ian Cathro, been above both of them, they've both gone yet he's still there.

Hope that clears up the drivel.

I don't think Neilson was sacked.

Are you meaning Gary Locke?

Edited by Cove_Sheep

2 hours ago, EddardStark said:

I would have looked to try and entice Alan Archibald to take up the job. 

Never a chance that would happen with the current set up - Levein punted Archie out of Tannadice in 2007 within two months of being made manager up there.

13 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

How about Robbie Neilson & Ian Cathro, been above both of them, they've both gone yet he's still there.

13 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

Aye my mistake it was Gary Locke, forgot Neilson left to go down south. Leveins still seen out 2 managers.

Robbie Neilson chose to leave to go to MK Dons

Gary Locke had reached the end of his contract and it wasn't renewed, He was told this by Budge on the same day she hired Levein and Neilson. 

Still waiting to find out who the second manager sacked was 

Edited by hannibal smith

Disingenuous to pretend Locke's departure wasn't part of the deal to bring in Levein as DoF. Locke wasn't sacked, but Levein clearly made it obvious he had no intention of having him as head coach. Reasonably enough most would say. Neilson chose to leave, opinion is divided on wherher Levein tried very hard to keep him. Some suggest not very hard at all as he was looking to bring in Cathro. Cathro should have been sacked earlier. 

Edited by Pool Q

17 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

What is it about Levein that turns people into gibbering idiots on here? I find it hilarious. Anyway, welcome back to the coalface Craig. You were a legend as a player and a great manager first time around. Just keep doing things your way and ignore the bampots

12 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Big away support for his first game in charge. Initial allocation of 4,600 sold out with upper tier now on sale. 

http://www.afc.co.uk/mobile/news/9982.php

Aberdeen FC, keeping the wee teams alive since 1903 :ok:

Good news for us, should cover the rent for Murrayfield. Also good to see your home crowds are well up on previous seasons

25 minutes ago, dipped flake said:

Good news for us, should cover the rent for Murrayfield. Also good to see your home crowds are well up on previous seasons

Yeah, dunno at all what deal you have, but I'm led to believe we now have anything up to 10,000 available. Went in general sale last night with many a closet fan going, just wish they would make the same effort to go to pittodrie :ok:

A lot of Hearts fans I've spoken to are making a day of it. A few beers in town beforehand (and after probably),  tram out to Murrayfield, Levein's first game, big crowd etc. Not optimistic about the game itself, but not one I'd want to miss either. Might as well sell as many tickets as we can, and a good opportunity for central belt Aberdeen fans to take in a game. Even with 20000+ Murrayfield can be a bit devoid of atmosphere.

On 29/08/2017 at 5:51 PM, Brassrubber said:

Is that when he only fielded 2 forwards in Naismith and Mackie and neither scored using the same system that Del Bosque won the Euros with ? 

Welcome back big Craig 

Better international record than many including AF 

Post of the year.

23 hours ago, dipped flake said:

It's not really.  We've just started including all season ticket sales in our attendance figures like all other teams do. Put another way, our attendance has always been as good as it looks this year!

On 31/08/2017 at 2:23 PM, SMcoolJ said:

It's not really.  We've just started including all season ticket sales in our attendance figures like all other teams do. Put another way, our attendance has always been as good as it looks this year!