U21 Squad - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

U21 Squad

Squirrelhumper

3 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Spot on. If he has to think about playing for us he can do one.

If he does play for us now it'll be more to do with his CV than pride in presenting us.

Give me guys like Darren Fletcher, Kieran Tierney any day.

:ok:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Spot on. If he has to think about playing for us he can do one.

If he does play for us now it'll be more to do with his CV than pride in presenting us.

Give me guys like Darren Fletcher, Kieran Tierney any day.

And plenty of others with the ability or not ready to give up their balls at the chanceĀ of a cap.

In days gone by it was an honour to play for your country, too many take it for granted present day.

6 hours ago, Ormond said:

Are you Ricky Sbragia?

Ā 

6 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Was streaming the Stoke game last night and Souttar looked decent. Seemed to be playing at right back!? So is he a CB/RB then?

He's also a giant. I did hear at Dundee United he was 6'6 but he must be more than that.

Souttar & McTominay the players you'd like to see in the squad but all in all pretty exciting.

Be interesting to see how good Greg Taylor gets after his showing in the tournament during the summer.

6'8 now apparently. Surely will end up as a Centre half

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

What a performance from him. Never heard of him till today. The sort of winger we used to breed with monotonous regularity.

I'm not being rude TL but if you hadn't heard of Lewis Morgan until today, you're not that up on Scottish football (or to thisĀ thread)Ā :lol:

Ceudmilefailte, yes mate, he's ALWAYS this good!!Ā 

Great to see Stevie MAllan getting a goal too.Ā 

21 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

2-0 Is Lewis Morgan always this good?

Ā 

Yes, he is, I'm amazed we managed to keep hold of him this transfer window, against Dundee Utd last Saturday he was unplayable, and the mainĀ reason I think we will win the league this season

Edited by Jersey Jim

Very impressive stuff from the u21s. That defense looked very good and in total control of the game. Morgan, Mallan, Souttar, I might as well name the whole team as everyone played very well.

We actually look very slick, suave, and even skillful. When you look at our squad, there is a lot of experience in there and many are playing regular football too.

A thoroughly deserved win from the lads. Next up England at Middlesborough (did I hear the commentator say?) hopefully get a decent group of Scots there, and here's hoping we can go there and get a positive result.

6 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

Very impressive stuff from the u21s. That defense looked very good and in total control of the game. Morgan, Mallan, Souttar, I might as well name the whole team as everyone played very well.

We actually look very slick, suave, and even skillful. When you look at our squad, there is a lot of experience in there and many are playing regular football too.

A thoroughly deserved win from the lads. Next up England at Middlesborough (did I hear the commentator say?) hopefully get a decent group of Scots there, and here's hoping we can go there and get a positive result.

In recent years against England, a positive result would be <5-0. Ā Definitely looks like a better squad we have this time around.

16 hours ago, norsefox said:

In recent years against England, a positive result would be <5-0. Ā Definitely looks like a better squad we have this time around.

On some occasions we have played England at youth level we have been out-skilled, often we have been out-muscled; it's difficult to see either of those things happening with this group. They have a decent amount of skill, and by and large they are bloody huge too!