After Diner Speakers - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

After Diner Speakers

Just now, Larky Masher said:

He was doing the compering/auctioneer when I saw him and was really good at that, no real anecdotes just ripping the pish out of the punters and the prizes. To be honest when I went in I didn't know who he was.

I have seen it 3 or 4 times (couple of times at SFA events and his patter got old fast at the first event).... basically if you have seen him once, you have seen him a million times.

From one's we had at our speakers nights:

John Gaghan was excellent i thought.  Craig Brown was OK.  Chick Charnley was dreadful i thought, as was Bill McMurdo (although those 2 were on the same bill and some of the crowd seemed to lap them up - Charnley's entire spiel seemed to be along the lines of 'ma mate in Possil wiz a Gers man so ah cawwd him Atilla').   Kenny Clark was actually quite good.  Also had a guy who's name completely escapes me, was a former athlete who also had some connection to Dunfermline / Jim Leishman and was now a golfer - he was pretty good too.

Saw Goram at a golf doo many moons ago, he was alright until he figured out he was playing to a predominantly Rangers crowd, then drifted into some pretty uneasey topics.......

Craig Brown depends on the type of doo.... a formal night and he can have you eating out of the palm of his hand, but the more informal the night, the more he tries to be one of the lads, and feels very much out of his comfort zone somewhat when trying to be more blue with his act.

Edited by wanderer