This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 30 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

It’s a back handed compliment.

Perhaps I’m judging them unfairly on the accies and last nights games? The opposition were perhaps trying to draw Rangers into a battle, but they were up to it.

Im not as confident about the semi as I was.

3 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

It’s a back handed compliment.

Perhaps I’m judging them unfairly on the accies and last nights games? The opposition were perhaps trying to draw Rangers into a battle, but they were up to it.

Im not as confident about the semi as I was.

Ive not seen Well since we played you, so not sure how your form is other than there's been positive reporting in the press. 

Looking forward to the semi as I think it'll be a good game. As long as Moult is on a dry spell. ? 

6 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Ive not seen Well since we played you, so not sure how your form is other than there's been positive reporting in the press. 

Looking forward to the semi as I think it'll be a good game. As long as Moult is on a dry spell. ? 

He’s not scored in a fortnight.

:lol:

Motherwell pretty good just now, not relying solely on Moult for goals, but feel we have a potential match winner there if required.

Got a preeey settler team with options off the bench too.

We’ve definitely improved since the opening game, and felt we probably deserved at least a point that day.

Was

3 hours ago, giblet said:

Decent game at Easter Road.  Can't really complain about the performance.

Logan was very good, really impressed with him for Aberdeen.

stevie May very lucky to just get a booking. Shocking tackle.

Agree. I thought McLean was good as well, great pass for goal. McGinn good first half but faded second although had little support. But wasn't impressed with Shinnie, don't see what the fuss is. 

19 hours ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

Was

Agree. I thought McLean was good as well, great pass for goal. McGinn good first half but faded second although had little support. But wasn't impressed with Shinnie, don't see what the fuss is. 

I thought Shinnie was outstanding again. We're a much better team with him at left back. McLean was actually ok which is a bonus. McKenna playing well with Arneson alongside him. I really hope mcinnes keeps this back 4. 

Rooney poor again. He should only play at home!

Thought Hibs were decent. The Mcinnes Subs (which were simply bizarre) almost gave them the draw. Think Hibs just need a couple of wins, some momentum and they will kick on. 

Agree on Arnason and McKenna, looking like a solid partnership. Logan was outstanding too. 

McLean had his best game of the season by a country mile. 

A really positive result and performance. Hopefully will give the team real confidence for Celtic coming to town next time out. 

21 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

I thought Shinnie was outstanding again. We're a much better team with him at left back. McLean was actually ok which is a bonus. McKenna playing well with Arneson alongside him. I really hope mcinnes keeps this back 4.  

Can't see Shinnie at left back against Celtic with Christie not being available. Shinnie will be moved to midfield and Considine will come back in at left back.

22 minutes ago, drew said:

Can't see Shinnie at left back against Celtic with Christie not being available. Shinnie will be moved to midfield and Considine will come back in at left back.

Suspect you're correct. However, I'd just put Wright or Stewart in for Christie. Think a settled back 4 is more important. 

1 hour ago, SMcoolJ said:

Suspect you're correct. However, I'd just put Wright or Stewart in for Christie. Think a settled back 4 is more important. 

If Tansey was fit then it would be straight forward with him coming in and Shinnie staying at left back. With the 2 options above I don't know what is best. As long as Ball doesn't come in I'll be happy enough.

If only we had 2 players like Shinnie.

59 minutes ago, drew said:

If Tansey was fit then it would be straight forward with him coming in and Shinnie staying at left back. With the 2 options above I don't know what is best. As long as Ball doesn't come in I'll be happy enough.

If only we had 2 players like Shinnie.

Again, couldn't agree any more with all of that. 

On 11/10/2017 at 8:21 AM, vanderark14 said:

This game has all the ingredients to be a good advert for our game. Full house in the home and away end so we should expect a great atmosphere. Both teams playing well too BUT who do we get on tv this week..............the rangers playing away to st Johnstone. Sectarian anthems galore from a packed away end and people with about 10.5 fingers in the home end. Yaaaaaaaay.

FTFY

6 hours ago, drew said:

Ridiculous that Christie cannot play next week.

2 hours ago, Mox said:

Ridiculous that Christie cannot play next week.

2 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

It is. Either ban same league loans or ban restrictions on them. No fault of Celtic but clearly there's a conflict of interest. 

I said at the time of the Hayes/Christie transfer, we have effectively lost 2 certain starters to play against Celtic for potentially 6 matches over the course of the season, (five now as we’re out the league cup). 

22 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Terrible stuff from Saints just now. Our worst wee run of performance under Tommy Wright. Game after game making ordinary sides look half decent. One shot on goal against Hearts. Not good enough at all.

If nothing else it will maybe make other clubs think twice about trying to poach him 

Edited by DoonTheSlope
Texting and posting on the TAMB at the same time can get messy

1 minute ago, DoonTheSlope said:

If nothing else it will maybe make other clubs think twice about trying to poach him x

I’d much rather our strikers were bulging the onion bag each week. :-))

Just noticed, you gave me a kiss there. :o

Edited by Ormond

19 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Terrible stuff from Saints just now. Our worst wee run of performance under Tommy Wright. Game after game making ordinary sides look half decent. One shot on goal against Hearts. Not good enough at all.

Aye they’re your bitch a’naw are they no? 😏

Shan game, two crap teams.