This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 161 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

6 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Rangers 3 Aberdeen 0

Rangers 2 Aberdeen 0

Rangers 2 Aberdeen 1

Rangers 1 Aberdeen 1

(work it out) 

I did.

You took 10 out of a possible 12 points and still finished below us.

(We didn't even need those points which doesn't bode well for you for next season.)

Guest faircity
6 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

Rangers 1 Aberdeen 2?

Edited by faircity
Didn't mean to post.

5 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

I did.

You took 10 out of a possible 12 points and still finished below us.

(We didn't even need those points which doesn't bode well for you for next season.)

I was merely using Parkies argument on why Hibs deserved to finish below Aberdeen to show that if you look at the Rangers v Aberdeen league games then Aberdeen deserve to be below Rangers. 

Basically his argument was nonsense. 

I'd expect us to have similar results against Aberdeen next season but to improve consistency against the teams further down the league, like Dundee and Hamilton. 

I'm also expecting us to put up a better fight against Celtic. 

18 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I was merely using Parkies argument on why Hibs deserved to finish below Aberdeen to show that if you look at the Rangers v Aberdeen league games then Aberdeen deserve to be below Rangers. 

Basically his argument was nonsense. 

My argument was that we deserved 2nd because we finished 6 points above them. 

Not sure whether you're thick or deliberately lying. 

4 hours ago, Parklife said:

My argument was that we deserved 2nd because we finished 6 points above them. 

Not sure whether you're thick or deliberately lying. 

Utter keech Parky and everyone can see it from your previous posts. You harped on about the head to heads proving that Aberdeen deserved to finish above Hibs. 

I proved that argument was nonsense. Just admit it. 

14 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Utter keech Parky and everyone can see it from your previous posts. You harped on about the head to heads proving that Aberdeen deserved to finish above Hibs. 

What about if we used some sort of points system based on win/draw/lose to establish the respective abilities of competing teams. We could add up all the points at the end of the season and then put the teams in order. Do you think that would work?

I think we all mean that we wish Hibs had finished ahead of Aberdeen. They were exciting to watch and full of talent, but ultimately never lived up to their potential. Aberdeen while spending half their time rolling about the ground and being generally uninspiring pests, all the while being supported by a terrible bunch intent on driving MCKINNES OUT, ultimately got the job done. Aberdeen deserve 2nd place.

Logan will get booed because he's a bitch and can't take it. Hilarious.Celtic fans win everything and are raging. Hilarious. Aberdeen fans will eventually get their way and force MCKINNES OUT, securing their return to obscurity. Hilarious. Rangers. Hilarious.

Edited by Morrisandmoo

7 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Nope. My primary point, as can be clearly seen, was that we got more points. I also referenced our results vs Hibs. At no point did I say we deserved to finish above them because we took 7 points off them. 

If you can't read and understand simple English, that's not my fault. 

On 5/15/2018 at 10:18 PM, sbcmfc said:

Yeah, sure that’s not an option available.I only saw it today, that was a red card everyday of the week. Ref had a great view...

Amazing that the weegie media don’t circulate Rossiters assault on Kamberi moments earlier.

That aside Allan should have got a red.

8 hours ago, Eisegerwind said:

What about if we used some sort of points system based on win/draw/lose to establish the respective abilities of competing teams. We could add up all the points at the end of the season and then put the teams in order. Do you think that would work?

Pie in the sky pipe dream stuff. 

You need to stop with this common sense attitude or you'll get banned! 😀 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Nope. My primary point, as can be clearly seen, was that we got more points. I also referenced our results vs Hibs. At no point did I say we deserved to finish above them because we took 7 points off them. 

If you can't read and understand simple English, that's not my fault. 

Aye, whatever Parkie. Your posts show your meaning clearly. 

1 hour ago, giblet said:

Amazing that the weegie media don’t circulate Rossiters assault on Kamberi moments earlier.

That aside Allan should have got a red.

I haven't seen or heard that mentioned anywhere.

Allan's tackle was horrendous and worthy of a straight red. 

Any video that shows Rossiters challenge, as the BBC highlights don't. 

40 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

I know. I was just trying to be cheeky to lighten the mood. 

Humour? On these boards? I've learned to always include a smiley as folk assume the worst otherwise. 

I should know better. Sorry. 

13 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Aye, whatever Parkie. Your posts show your meaning clearly. 

Correct me if I’m wrong but I think parkie said that teams generally finish where they deserve in the league. He wasn’t saying that Aberdeen deserved to finish above Hibs because of the head to head record. 

8 hours ago, Eisegerwind said:

Football is all about scoring goals, and personally I think the team that scores the most goals over a series of games should be champions...?

25 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but I think parkie said that teams generally finish where they deserve in the league. He wasn’t saying that Aberdeen deserved to finish above Hibs because of the head to head record. 

You're totally correct. RB has made a rip-roaring cunt of it here. His track record shows that he'll never admit that though. :lol: 

Guest BlueGaz
37 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I'm with Parkie on this one, but he did use the head to head as an example of why Aberdeen deserve to be above Hibs.  Which is where RB is coming from I suspect.

24 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

I'm with Parkie on this one, but he did use the head to head as an example of why Aberdeen deserve to be above Hibs.  Which is where RB is coming from I suspect.

Yeah it is a case that Parkie made 2 arguments of why Aberdeen deserved to finsih above Hibs. RB picked up on one and gave a counter and dismissed the other argument while Parkie defends his original stance using the other argument.

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I haven't seen or heard that mentioned anywhere.

Allan's tackle was horrendous and worthy of a straight red. 

Any video that shows Rossiters challenge, as the BBC highlights don't. 

Funny Rossiters challenge not making the highlights.

Who’d have thunk it?

Context schmontext.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

30 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

Funny Rossiters challenge not making the highlights.

Who’d have thunk it?

Context schmontext.

J

It's also funny how we get days of discussion over a tackle on a Rangers players but Goss and Holt's horrendous challenges against Aberdeen are forgotten.