This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 160 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

16 minutes ago, drew said:

What are the chances of drawing a team like Sevilla.

Aberdeen have regularly got to the 3rd qualifying round and I don't see why they shouldn't again unless they get a really bad draw or don't get there recruitment done quick enough. I'd expect Rangers to do the same and possibly Motherwell with a bit of luck.

Getting past the 3rd qualifying round is where it can get tough.

Dunno what you base that on. Going by past experience they'll most likely all be out before the weans are back at school! 

1 minute ago, slasher said:

Dunno what you base that on. Going by past experience they'll most likely all be out before the weans are back at school! 

Basing it on Aberdeen getting to the 3rd qualifying round every season under McInnes. I don't see why Rangers can't do the same. Motherwell or Hibs might be a big ask but a lucky draw and getting there recruitment done quickly you never know.

4 minutes ago, drew said:

Basing it on Aberdeen getting to the 3rd qualifying round every season under McInnes. I don't see why Rangers can't do the same. Motherwell or Hibs might be a big ask but a lucky draw and getting there recruitment done quickly you never know.

Nae bother, everybody loves an optimist👍

29 minutes ago, drew said:

Drawing specifically Seville is slim. However, other teams rocking around in that round include AZ Alkmaar, Maccabi Tel Aviv, Partizan Belgrade, Lech Poznan, Burnley, and Molde.

Obviously some of those teams are just big names now as opposed to glittering squads, and those are just some of the bigger names, but still teams you'd rather avoid that early on in the competition.

Edited by Tartan_McCole

1 hour ago, drew said:

Aberdeen have regularly got to the 3rd qualifying round and I don't see why they shouldn't again unless they get a really bad draw or don't get there recruitment done quick enough. I'd expect Rangers to do the same and possibly Motherwell with a bit of luck.

Getting past the 3rd qualifying round is where it can get tough.

I think the changes that have come in this year will make it even harder for all Scottish teams in Europe. 

If any of the three Europa League teams gets past more than 1 round they will be doing well. 

I think Celtic are seeded in all 4 rounds which will help but it's still a tough task to reach the group stages of the CL. 

58 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

I think the changes that have come in this year will make it even harder for all Scottish teams in Europe.  

If any of the three Europa League teams gets past more than 1 round they will be doing well.  

I think Celtic are seeded in all 4 rounds which will help but it's still a tough task to reach the group stages of the CL. 

Agree with this. Previously, Aberdeen have been seeded in the second qualifying round, so Sevilla, etc. wouldn't have been an option. The new club co-efficient system has changed all of that and we are now unseeded. It's only going to get tougher!

43 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Aberdeen appeal red card :ok:

Good - Did I read that Scott Allan had his yellow 'upgraded' retrospectively to a red too?

If so, I expect 3 Celtic players to be cautioned for their part in the attempt to overshadow their party bubble being well and truly burst.

In fact, Lustig is the cuntiest cunt in the league - Straight red please - Karma is owe him big time.

10 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Agreed.

They should be saying that Hibs are more entertaining to watch than Aberdeen and the huns, so would have been nice to see them get 2nd.

@Parklife, see above. A far better description of what I meant. 👍

10 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

There will be plenty of balloons and cake on Saturday when we get our historic double treble, don't worry about us ;)

Maybe even some jelly and ice cream as well.

Just don't come on here posting pish when you're full of jellys. 

😉

We'll think Redz has hacked your account. 😀 

9 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Aberdeen will start a round later if we win the cup on Saturday. 

I can't any of the three sides getting past that stage unless they get a lucky draw. There are some very good teams at that stage including Sevilla. 

FFS we lost to the 4th best team in Luxembourg. We need more than a lucky draw! 😀 

2 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

@Parklife, see above. A far better description of what I meant. 👍

Ahh. Right, so in the 5 or 6 games you watched Hibs they played well. 

Teams, in the main, get what they deserve. To claim a team we took 7 points off and finished 6 points above, who couldn't beat us when they really needed to, "deserve" to be above us doesn't make sense imo. 

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Ahh. Right, so in the 5 or 6 games you watched Hibs they played well. 

Teams, in the main, get what they deserve. To claim a team we took 7 points off and finished 6 points above, who couldn't beat us when they really needed to, "deserve" to be above us doesn't make sense imo. 

So Aberdeen deserved to finish below Rangers then? 

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

So Aberdeen deserved to finish below Rangers then? 

Nah, we finished above them. Teams get what they deserve. Like I said. 

Is reading and understanding an issue for you? 

Edited by Parklife

Guest BlueGaz
3 hours ago, Redz said:

Good - Did I read that Scott Allan had his yellow 'upgraded' retrospectively to a red too?

I thought that was only possible if it was missed/went unpunished? 

5 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

I thought that was only possible if it was missed/went unpunished? 

Yeah, sure that’s not an option available.I only saw it today, that was a red card everyday of the week. Ref had a great view...

11 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Celtic 5 Sevco 0

Celtic 0 Aberdeen 1

(Work it out.)

Rangers 3 Aberdeen 0

Rangers 2 Aberdeen 0

Rangers 2 Aberdeen 1

Rangers 1 Aberdeen 1

(work it out) 

9 hours ago, Parklife said:

Nah, we finished above them. Teams get what they deserve. Like I said. 

Is reading and understanding an issue for you? 

Nope but making consistent argument appears to be an issue for you. 

3 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Nope but making consistent argument appears to be an issue for you. 

Not at all. Just unsure how you could interpret me saying Aberdeen deserved to be above Hibs because they got more points as me saying that Aberdeen deserved to below Rangers? 

This isn't a dig at Scott brown but a dig at the media in Scotland. Brown was speaking at a press conference yesterday in the run up to the cup final, the journalists are more interested in getting a reaction out of him after Shinnie's comments on Saturday. Its honestly laughable how none of the journalists question the tackles brown himself made in that game, before the shinnie tackle, brown should have been sent off for the tackle on Mclean.

Its little wonder he feels he can get away with murder on the park