This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 159 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

2 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

My celtic pals at work were all talking about the booing. They must have been making it up then according to mox. But somehow i dont think 

Edit: now looking forward to being called a troll 😑. Anyone new coming on here with an opinion. Especially rangers minded. Is a troll according to the dons and cellic mafia.

😂😂😂 behave, you’re not new

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Logan shouldn't have put his hands on lustig and he shouldn't have started gesturing to the celtic fans after it. He deserved at least a yellow

In a fair footballing country, Lustig, Boyata and Griffiths would be in deep shit but I fully expect SFA to happen

Having finally got around to watching the video I can't believe the fuss. 

Logan is doing nothing until Lustig starts hassling him. 

Should be a retrospective red for Lustig to match Logans. 

Logan drops himself in it by pushing Lustig when he should have taken a leaf out of his sad act book and rolled about as if dying instead. 

Boyata and Griffiths deserve yellows for throwing the ball at an opposition player as that has been done plenty before and seems to be the default penalty. 

Why the Celtic players all had to have a go at a player that was racially abused by a loanee they played a half dozen games with them a couple of seasons ago is beyond me. 

Perhaps he's stealing their favourite role as the victim and they don't like it? 😀 

27 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Was he sarcastically applauding the Celtic support?

(Could have left that out.)

I think that's why Lustig appointed himself hall monitor.

11 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Having finally got around to watching the video I can't believe the fuss. 

Should be a retrospective red for Lustig to match Logans. 

Logan drops himself in it by pushing Lustig when he should have taken a leaf out of his sad act book and rolled about as if dying instead. 

Boyata and Griffiths deserve yellows for throwing the ball at an opposition player as that has been done plenty before and seems to be the default penalty. 

Why the Celtic players all had to have a go at a player that was racially abused by a loanee they played a half dozen games with them a couple of seasons ago is beyond me. 

Perhaps he's stealing their favourite role as the victim and they don't like it? 😀 

That's it summed up perfectly. The toys were thrown out of the pram by their fans and players when they should have been celebrating. 

21 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Very pleasing to see the variety of mouth foaming from the Huns about Sunday’s training match.

We don’t just win the league but also decide who comes 2nd. 

Don't think sad acts who think fitbaw is just a tv show decide a fucking thing, to be honest. 

17 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Very pleasing to see the variety of mouth foaming from the Huns about Sunday’s training match.

We don’t just win the league but also decide who comes 2nd. 

So you did. Your manager and players gave up a 2 season domestic unbeaten home record just so Rangers start in the same point of the Europa League anyway. 

No mouth foaming other than at Celtic Park where Aberdeen turned up and burst your party balloons before nicking the cake and running off. 😀 

We got what we deserved from the season. Hibs are the only team who deserved better from the season and probably should have been 2nd. 

Now maybe you could celebrate instead trying to be smart and looking like a Lustig? 😉

11 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Was he sarcastically applauding the Celtic support?

(Could have left that out.)

I think that's why Lustig appointed himself hall monitor.

I did think about that Scotty but you can't tell from the footage. He just looks like any other player applauding the crowd. 

The real problem is plastic hard man Lustig. I'm surprised he's not out for 6 months after that vicious push. 😀 

5 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

We got what we deserved from the season. Hibs are the only team who deserved better from the season and probably should have been 2nd. 

Seriously, folk keep coming out with this kind of thing but i'm utterly bemused as to why? Why do a team that finished 6 points behind Aberdeen and that we took 7 points off (including giving a 4-1 thumping to) "deserve" to be above Aberdeen? 

Just asking as it seems to be a common theme. 

10 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Seriously, folk keep coming out with this kind of thing but i'm utterly bemused as to why? Why do a team that finished 6 points behind Aberdeen and that we took 7 points off (including giving a 4-1 thumping to) "deserve" to be above Aberdeen? 

Agreed.

They should be saying that Hibs are more entertaining to watch than Aberdeen and the huns, so would have been nice to see them get 2nd.

27 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

So you did. Your manager and players gave up a 2 season domestic unbeaten home record just so Rangers start in the same point of the Europa League anyway. 

No mouth foaming other than at Celtic Park where Aberdeen turned up and burst your party balloons before nicking the cake and running off. 😀 

Now maybe you could celebrate instead trying to be smart and looking like a Lustig? 😉

There will be plenty of balloons and cake on Saturday when we get our historic double treble, don't worry about us ;)

Maybe even some jelly and ice cream as well.

Edited by Scotland Ever More

52 minutes ago, Parklife said:

The season Motherwell pipped Aberdeen on last day, we probably didn’t “deserve it” on any barometer other than our final points total. We were brutal all season, but managed to grind out enough results.

Most of that team are playing non league now.

:lol:

Guest BlueGaz

Aberdeen deserved 2nd, stupid to intimate otherwise, its a league over 38 games, not a cup knock out where you can get lucky.  Hibs were punching this year, we will see how well they do next year.  If they can sustain their decent form next year, good luck to them.  

Edited by BlueGaz

Guest BlueGaz
18 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

We were brutal all season, but managed to grind out enough results.

It happens :whistling:

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Aberdeen will start a round later if we win the cup on Saturday. 

I can't any of the three sides getting past that stage unless they get a lucky draw. There are some very good teams at that stage including Sevilla. 

12 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

I can't any of the three sides getting past that stage unless they get a lucky draw. There are some very good teams at that stage including Sevilla. 

Some of the potential teams that early in the draw are frightening.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Hibs are certainly more pleasing on the eye than Aberdeen but Aberdeen deserve 2nd.

If only we could beat the fuckers.

Even more surprising was Aberdeen only finishing 9 points adrift of Celtic. This year not Celtic's worst season, in terms of points, in quite some time?? 

9 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

What are the chances of drawing a team like Sevilla.

Aberdeen have regularly got to the 3rd qualifying round and I don't see why they shouldn't again unless they get a really bad draw or don't get there recruitment done quick enough. I'd expect Rangers to do the same and possibly Motherwell with a bit of luck.

Getting past the 3rd qualifying round is where it can get tough.