This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 146 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

Just now, RenfrewBlue said:

It's quite interesting when you look at the results between the teams. 

We have 3 wins and a draw against Aberdeen but have fared badly against Hibs. I'd also say Hibs have performed the best of the 3 against Celtic. 

Yet they are going to finish in 4th.

McInnes has made a career out of beating ordinary teams consistently but he just doesn't seem capable of winning the big games. 

Remember to add that Aberdeen's record v Hibs this season is 2, 1, and 1.

(They beat us once in four.)

6 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

We have a different definition of the word 'fact'.

Dons win, then they finish second.

Any Hibs win by 5 or less goals, then Sevco finish third.

If both games draw, then Aberdeen is second and Sevco third.

38 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Remember to add that Aberdeen's record v Hibs this season is 2, 1, and 1.

(They beat us once in four.)

Thanks Scotty. Couldn't remember the results between you two. 

I had a feeling they'd done better than that against you but obviously had imagined that. 😀 

2 hours ago, ger intae them said:

You talking to yourself again? 🤗

Just adding to a post for the benefit of all. 

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Thanks Scotty. Couldn't remember the results between you two. 

I had a feeling they'd done better than that against you but obviously had imagined that. 😀 

Some good parity this season.

(Just wish we could have done better v your mob.)

Finishing fourth in our first season back with a record points total is a decent return. On a par if not the most enjoyable season watching Hibs since McLeish’s 2000/01 side

If Neil Lennon doesn’t believe he can take Hibs any further and feels it’s ok to criticise players integrity and professionalism Butcher style then his resignation should be on Leean Dempsters desk first this morning

I just hope they have a bit of imagination in the next appointment and avoid Alan Stubbs

Neil as ever telling it how it is. He knows they’ve hibsed it and should have along with Aberdeen pushed the Huns into 4th spot. He knows that the Huns have been poor and is embarrassed this hasn’t happened and it’s a huge chance gone. One that likely won’t present itself for a number of years. 

27 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Killie took a great 12 points from the Old Firm this season, but only 3 in total from Aberdeen and Hibs.

Indeed

Bizarrely we set up to have a go at Killie and (Usually) win, who in turn take a points total from Celtic / Rangers we can only dream about

The 2nd half on Tuesday was brutal, and it didn't need to be

SC has done a fantastic job at RP, no doubt about that 

3 hours ago, macy37 said:

Neil as ever telling it how it is. He knows they’ve hibsed it and should have along with Aberdeen pushed the Huns into 4th spot. He knows that the Huns have been poor and is embarrassed this hasn’t happened and it’s a huge chance gone. One that likely won’t present itself for a number of years. 

Really? I thought it was a pretty petulant outburst and didn't reflect well on him at all. 

13 hours ago, macy37 said:

All these supporters of clubs whipping themselves into a frenzy at the Huns not finishing 2nd....funny to watch when the facts are that the Huns even in the mess they’re in will still get 2nd place. How bad does that make Hibs and Aberdeen fans feel?

They might be in a mess but how many new players have they taken in this season, on wages way above Hibs and Aberdeen? They should be well clear in 2nd place. Aberdeen have beaten the teams we should and lost to the teams we should, we're the only team in the top half doing exactly what we should be doing.

Guest BlueGaz
3 minutes ago, mr mojo risin said:

They might be in a mess but how many new players have they taken in this season, on wages way above Hibs and Aberdeen? They should be well clear in 2nd place. Aberdeen have beaten the teams we should and lost to the teams we should, we're the only team in the top half doing exactly what we should be doing.

Based on budget alone we should be.  But, when you then look at reality, you get that budget and spend it on shite, its then irrelevant as an argument, regardless of what size font you choose to use it as one.  Hopefully Gerrard can do better with his budget than the last 2 windows.  Can't do any worse surely. 

19 minutes ago, Redz said:

Indeed

Bizarrely we set up to have a go at Killie and (Usually) win, who in turn take a points total from Celtic / Rangers we can only dream about

The 2nd half on Tuesday was brutal, and it didn't need to be

SC has done a fantastic job at RP, no doubt about that 

He has.

Our squad are almost dead on their feet though, some effort since he came in and the summer break is well needed.

Last night we were missing Jones & Power who IMO, are our two best players. We kept it compact and whilst it wasn't pretty, it got us a result and stopped the rot of 3 defeats in a row, even though the 5-3 at ER was a great advert for Scottish football.

We've majority of the squad on long term deals, with only Mulumbu out of contract so exciting times.

Rodgers mask beginning to slip a bit though, moaning about how we set up. Not our problem pal, change your team to counter the opponents tactics, don't bitch to the press afterwards.

I get why Celtic fans were saying we parked the bus but they created very little. 

9 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye, I'm the same.

I don't actually mind Lennon but when the mist comes down he let's himself down time and time again.

I haven't heard the outburst but was it better than Brendan and the grass being too long? I'm no fan of Levein but his reply to the long grass comment was great

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

He has.

Our squad are almost dead on their feet though, some effort since he came in and the summer break is well needed.

Last night we were missing Jones & Power who IMO, are our two best players. We kept it compact and whilst it wasn't pretty, it got us a result and stopped the rot of 3 defeats in a row, even though the 5-3 at ER was a great advert for Scottish football.

We've majority of the squad on long term deals, with only Mulumbu out of contract so exciting times.

Rodgers mask beginning to slip a bit though, moaning about how we set up. Not our problem pal, change your team to counter the opponents tactics, don't bitch to the press afterwards.

I get why Celtic fans were saying we parked the bus but they created very little. 

I have to admit I have been impressed with Killie when I have seen them play this season. They are very well organised and diciplined at the back and very hard to break down. They know their strengths and play to them.

47 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

I have to admit I have been impressed with Killie when I have seen them play this season. They are very well organised and diciplined at the back and very hard to break down. They know their strengths and play to them.

It helps when we have Jones/McKenzie as an out ball and they are very fast.

Sadly both are injured so it's hammered us a bit in recent weeks.

Still been a very enjoyable season.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

It helps when we have Jones/McKenzie as an out ball and they are very fast.

Sadly both are injured so it's hammered us a bit in recent weeks.

Still been a very enjoyable season.

What is Thsibiola story, is he on loan, permanent? Thought he was excellent last night, as mas Mulumbu.

7 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Surly you'll try to get Mulumbu signed on again ? Any chat of him being offered an extension?

3 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Surly you'll try to get Mulumbu signed on again ? Any chat of him being offered an extension?

He's been offered an extension and chat was that he was due to sign...  Gone a bit quiet now.

8 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I haven't heard the outburst but was it better than Brendan and the grass being too long? I'm no fan of Levein but his reply to the long grass comment was great

Have to say I agree with you there. Levein is a marmite type of guy but his response was very good. 

23 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Have to say I agree with you there. Levein is a marmite type of guy but his response was very good. 

I don’t like him, but he’s got Brendan’s number.

More people should call him out (Rodgers) on the utter shite he spouts.