This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 143 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

Really looking forward to tonight’s game. The split has again shown it’s a good idea.

Hearts at 10/3 tonight for all those  who can be tempted to bet on the hoof ballers of Swynie.

Absolutely terrible game with two teams who spent the night blootering the ball and each other about. 

Other observations; it was never a penalty, GMS is a waste of space in a game like that. Admittedly I haven't seen much of Christie lately but on last night's evidence he won't be at Celtic next season. 

If Hibs win tonight I think they will get 2nd place...... on what I've seen this season they are easily the best football side of the three. 

1 minute ago, slasher said:

Admittedly I haven't seen much of Christie lately but on last night's evidence he won't be at Celtic next season.

I thought the same. Has his form fallen of a cliff? Or has he just been poor in the games I’ve seen?

Such a frustrating evening. 

An excellent display from 10-45 minutes, then an absolutely pathetic 2nd half. Fuck knows what went on at half-time but that 2nd half was embarrassing. 

Why he didn't switch GMS to go up vs Halliday, i'll never know. 

To have taken 1 point in 4 games vs Rangers is pathetic. Far too much respect shown to them. 

Guest BlueGaz
9 hours ago, EddardStark said:

McCrorie and Morelos suspended for Sunday. 

Aye, Mcrorie will be a miss at CDM. 

19 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Away and get yer eyes tested ya auld fool. You can get specs for free now can you not?!

😀😀   don't forget, I know where you live and my mobility scooter is fully charged

Overall a better outcome than I expected but tough to take when Aberdeen are given a goal start by the officials. 

We are awful which means as long as Hibs win tonight they've got 2nd sewn up. Aberdeen, on that showing, will get murdered by Celtic. 

Morellos is not a lone striker so if we are going to play that way we'd be as well getting rid. 

Still can't understand how the ref thinks that is a penalty. Morellos clearly plays the ball and MacLean runs into him. Nothing about it is a foul. It just gives another example of how bad our officials are. At full speed on the first viewing I knew what had happened and as the camera wasnt zoomed in I had a much worse view than the ref who was less than 10 yards away. 

Anyway, I think that secures 4th for us and hopefully no European football next season. 

2 hours ago, EddardStark said:

oh really ? What were your expectations this season ?

Not to be utter shite.

We have been in a relegation fight all season, despite the fact he was allowed to sign enough players to field his own team, and have his own subs. 

Add to the fact that our strikers are the worst in the league, our midfield is powderpuff, and our defence has been woefully inept, despite having 6 centre backs. 

The style of football is pathetic, we have lost countless goals by trying to play shitty short passes at all times, including from goal kicks, which usually leads to pressure being put straight back on us. He has somehow convinced these uber happy DFC fans that things are going well.

His media appearances are laughable, he never takes responsibility for anything. I’m sick hearing about how well his boys have played, and how things went to plan, and how they did exactly as he wanted them to do, apart from the bloody obvious like don’t concede goals, and maybe score some ourselves. 

Lets add in the fact that last seasons best player was Kerr, a decent attacking right back, who McCann decides to play left wing. Or we have Caulker playing right back, while Kerr is on the bench, or Kusunga playing left back while we have two left backs on the bench. 

We have the semi retired O’Hara playing every week while he morphs into the footballing equivalent of where’s Waldo, the only time anyone ever finds him is against Rangers, then he hides for the next couple of month. 

He is a smarter version of Hartley, he certainly isn’t a better manager, and by fuck I wasn’t a fan of Hartley by any stretch of the imagination. 

17 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Still can't understand how the ref thinks that is a penalty. Morellos clearly plays the ball and MacLean runs into him. Nothing about it is a foul. It just gives another example of how bad our officials are. At full speed on the first viewing I knew what had happened and as the camera wasnt zoomed in I had a much worse view than the ref who was less than 10 yards away. 

That's just not accurate at all though. Both players play the ball. "Playing the ball" doesn't = no foul.

Morelos and McLean both play the ball, then McLean is caught by Morelos. I'd say it was on the soft side, probably a 50:50 decision. Can see why it was given but can also see how Rangers may feel aggrieved.  

Perhaps in the same way that Aberdeen fans will feel aggrieved that no Rangers player received a red card. 

18 minutes ago, Parklife said:

That's just not accurate at all though. Both players play the ball. "Playing the ball" doesn't = no foul.

Morelos and McLean both play the ball, then McLean is caught by Morelos. I'd say it was on the soft side, probably a 50:50 decision. Can see why it was given but can also see how Rangers may feel aggrieved.  

Perhaps in the same way that Aberdeen fans will feel aggrieved that no Rangers player received a red card. 

With the direction the ball went, I can absolutely see why McLean thought it was a foul. It was, as you say, fairly soft on replay though.

17 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

McLean going down like he'd been felled by a sniper probably helped influence the ref's decision. 

He probably learnt that from watching his boyhood heroes of Laudrup, De Boer and Mols.  ;) 

We needed to score a second in the first half when we had them on the rack to have won that game.  Not sure what happened to us in the second half.  Draw probably a fair result in the end but we missed another oppontunity.

Why GMS didn't go up against Halliday who had been booked and is absolutely shocking I will never know.  Well, actually I suspect I do know, it's because McInnes was more worried about the threat of Tavernier going forward and wanted GMS to track back - again too defensive in his mind set.

We are relying on a 19yo kid up front because our other forwards are completely ineffective.  Fair play to Cosgrove, he's just about done more in two games than any other forward at the club has done all season. 

Mass clear out and rebuild coming for us in the summer - and I'm looking forward to it.  We haven't played much football this season and in failing to beat both Hibs and Rangers at home, we don't really deserve second.

McRorie is a decent player. 

11 minutes ago, Parklife said:

He probably learnt that from watching his boyhood heroes of Laudrup, De Boer and Mols.  ;) 

I know you’ve been a critic of KM in the past, remember you once told me you’d personally drive him back to Paisley.

That was ages ago, just wondered if your opinion of him has changed? 

4 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

I know you’ve been a critic of KM in the past, remember you once told me you’d personally drive him back to Paisley.

He's been our best player, by an absolute mile, since he signed for Norwich. He's been exactly the player that most Aberdeen fans knew he could be. 

If he'd been this good for his time with us, he'd have been old for many multiples of the fee we did get for him. It's very frustrating to me that he's not produced this form before now but the 2018 version of Kenny McLean is one we'll miss very much. The 2015-2017 version wouldn't have been missed IMO. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

There were a few tasty tackles but Holts was by far the worst imo. At full speed and totally out of control, should have been a straight red. 

3 minutes ago, slasher said:

There were a few tasty tackles but Holts was by far the worst imo. At full speed and totally out of control, should have been a straight red. 

I thought Goss' was the worst, should have been a straight red. It's staggering that Steven McLean didn't even consider it a booking. 

5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

He's been our best player, by an absolute mile, since he signed for Norwich. He's been exactly the player that most Aberdeen fans knew he could be. 

If he'd been this good for his time with us, he'd have been old for many multiples of the fee we did get for him. It's very frustrating to me that he's not produced this form before now but the 2018 version of Kenny McLean is one we'll miss very much. The 2015-2017 version wouldn't have been missed IMO. 

Fair comment, wish he had been sold on for a larger fee due to the decent sell on clause in his contract. 

10 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

I was probably one of his biggest critics.  Largely because he had obvious ability but had no heart, appeared to make little effort and was a complete and utter waste of a jersey for many games.  He'd shown flashes of acceptability over his earlier tenure.  However, since signing for Norwich, he's been outstanding and probably our best player.  We'll really miss him next season on the form he's shown over the last 6 months and in flashes previously.

22 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I thought Goss' was the worst, should have been a straight red. It's staggering that Steven McLean didn't even consider it a booking. 

Goss was a definite red and it was an example of McLean losing control of the game that he bottled making the decision.  Just prior to that there were a few fouls or cards that you could tell he was responding to either pressure from players or the crowd (both sides) rather than making the decision himself.  It was a really incompetent performance all round from the ref.