This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 140 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

On 5/7/2018 at 8:55 AM, dipped flake said:

The Forrest one wasn't even a foul. He hooked his foot round the ball and took it clean. The Brown one he slipped and wasn't even looking at Brown. 

Away and get yer eyes tested ya auld fool. You can get specs for free now can you not?!

3 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Away and get yer eyes tested ya auld fool. You can get specs for free now can you not?!

I agree about the Forrest incident. I didn't see a thing wrong with it. Good strength in the challenge and took the ball from him.

2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Actually yeah best results for a grandstand finish would be wins for Rangers and Hibs, then all 3 teams could finish 2nd, 3rd or 4th :o 

Actually looking again, a draw tonight and a Hibs win tomorrow could also result in that climax.

50 minutes ago, Flure said:

I agree about the Forrest incident. I didn't see a thing wrong with it. Good strength in the challenge and took the ball from him.

Naismith stamped on the inside of his ankle.

(Why do you think Forrest was down?)

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Never a red card in a million years.

Disagree - It was intentional, late, dangerous and reckless.

It was off the pitch and, at that speed, a head knock on the hard surface, seats, wall, substitutes knee even, has the potential for far more harm than someone going in with their studs up / over the ball.

Guest BlueGaz
1 hour ago, Flure said:

Me too.  I still can't see anything wrong with it.  Only seen one angle though to be fair.  Don't even think it was a foul.

37 minutes ago, Redz said:

It was off the pitch and, at that speed, a head knock on the hard surface, seats, wall, substitutes knee even, has the potential for far more harm than someone going in with their studs up / over the ball.

Deary me.

48 minutes ago, Redz said:

I'm not that au fait with the latest lawbook but is the referee supposed to factor in the environment around the pitch before deciding how dangerous a challenge is?

2 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

I'm not that au fait with the latest lawbook but is the referee supposed to factor in the environment around the pitch before deciding how dangerous a challenge is?

TBH neither am I.

It's just my opinion based on McGinn chasing him off the pitch to deliberately trip him.

That to me makes it dangerous / reckless (Given the surroundings, granted),  which would be a red anywhere on the pitch.

Thanks for articulating beyond 'deary me'  btw...... :ok:

6 minutes ago, Redz said:

TBH neither am I.

It's just my opinion based on McGinn chasing him off the pitch to deliberately trip him.

That to me makes it dangerous / reckless (Given the surroundings, granted),  which would be a red anywhere on the pitch.

Thanks for articulating beyond 'deary me'  btw...... :ok:

Deary me was all your post deserved.

GMS has done more damage to himself in the River Kelvin this season than that challenge was ever going to do.

Never a red in a million years.

15 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

GMS has done more damage to himself in the River Kelvin this season than that challenge was ever going to do.

Games missed due to challenge... one, and counting.

Games missed due to being fished out... zero.

1 hour ago, Redz said:

That reminds me of Fergie's "he could have been killed" statement after the Swansea defender kicked the ball at RVP. :lol: 

42 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Yeah, actually. When considering "endangering an opponent", i'd say those external factors should be considered. 

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Yeah, actually. When considering "endangering an opponent", i'd say those external factors should be considered. 

Agreed. Albeit I don't actually know as I said earlier. 

The fact it was late and deliberate too makes it Red for me.

I appreciate that others don't view it that way of course. 

Even those (Not you btw) who can't explain why......;)

8 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

If it turns out all 3 could finish in either position still, on Sunday, it will be about as exciting a day of games I can remember.  Can't remember the last time I had to listen to the radio during one of our own games.  The excitement and nerves will be a nightmare 😁

To see who finishes second? 

Haud me back 😏

Interesting injury that Jordan Jones got 😲

anyone see his tweet regarding it having been a “cla55” season and shed any light on the 55 bit? Seen it mentioned that it’s for killie’s current points total but got to say I’m a bit sceptical about that...

3 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

To see who finishes second? 

Haud me back 😏

Second place gets 560,000 pounds more in prize money than fourth (and fourth could miss out on Europe entirely).

Two teams splitting Celtic and Sevco would be good for Scottish football imho.

13 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

GMS starts

Yep.

Either mind games from McInnes; GMS passed a late fitness test; or the manager feels that GMS playing with a knock can still exploit Halliday at right back.

We'll see how long GMS can last.